HT MMS-432 Batman Tactical Batsuit Version

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Re: Hot Toys MMS Justice League Batman Tactical Suit Figure

The chest logo looks cool split down the middle.

This suit is growing on me. Don't love it as much as the BVS suit but it's not as bad (I think) as some people say it is.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I think more people expressed their dislike of the reguar suit, which is the BvS auit updated with plates and lines that made it less organic. The negativity on the tactical suit is more because of the goggles, otherwise it's considered an okay suit as it looks similar to that from the Arkham Origins game.

I agree with you and that Alex Ross quote 100%. The only things clearly Batman in TDK suit were the cape and ears of the cowl. The rest could just as easily be an advanced military outfit. I don't mind the world around the heroes being realistic to a degree but the characters themselves should be as close to the comics as possible. This is escapism after all, I can get more realistic characters in other genres.
:hi5:

I just read your comment, Remy, and I have the same thoughts re: TDKR Bale suit. Locally I'm part of the minority who likes the Begins suit more, and considers TDKR one of my least-liked live-action suit. Sure, Lucius Fox explained what it does, and Lindy Hemming explained how convenient and comfy it was for the actor, but as a Batman suit it was least convincing to me. Alex Ross's quote on super-heroes comes to mind: the more realistic you make them the less believable they become. To me, that suit made Batman less the Batman I know I'd be afraid of if I were a baddie hiding in the dark. I'd take that suit for some other street-level vigilante, but not for the urban legend people are afraid to find out if real. But yeah, perhaps Nolan was trying to show something else, so...

See: X-Men movies.

This suit will be one bad*** HT figure. Have to imagine first appearance will be at SDCC.

What are the odds the HT figure comes out with the bright and shiny armor pieces?

Justice-League-Funko-Pop-Batman.jpg

Looked a lot more muted for the film but then again you never know at this point...

Last edited:

Whatever. I pick it up either way because it's freaking Batfleck.

I think it's an endless cycle.

New armour design gets leaked → discussions on how it sucked/looked bad → movie releases → hey, suit's growing on me! → starting hunting for figure

Next DCEU/ MCU movie.
Rinse & repeat.

Whatever. I pick it up either way because it's freaking Batfleck.

This is true. Not saying it's bad, just a little shocking that the metal parts are so vivid at least in this piece of merchandising.

love your sig mike

bow-gif-548.gif

I think it's an endless cycle. New armour design gets leaked → discussions on how it sucked/looked bad → movie releases → hey, suit's growing on me! → starting hunting for figure Next DCEU/ MCU movie. Rinse & repeat.

Is that how it works...

post-67670-Jennifer-Aniston-deep-thought-EDQw.gif

Like I said, it's more surprising that the armor would be that bright and vivid, definitely would stick out on the shelves next to Armored Bats and BvS/SS Bats. I was just wondering what are the odds that it would actually look like this from HT?

Still not liking the new tactical suit, especially those awful goggles. On the plus side the regular suit underneath looks a much lighter grey than we initially thought. Flash looks good and Superman's colours look much brighter this time. Cyborg looks okay but it really needs the full light up features through LED's to really look the part. Hopefully HT can find a way to nail that.

I agree with you and that Alex Ross quote 100%. The only things clearly Batman in TDK suit were the cape and ears of the cowl. The rest could just as easily be an advanced military outfit. I don't mind the world around the heroes being realistic to a degree but the characters themselves should be as close to the comics as possible. This is escapism after all, I can get more realistic characters in other genres.

I both agree and disagree with your post – firstly, the goggles on the JL tactical suit obviously are there for a purpose and not a permanent fixture, so they don't bother me at all tbh.

As for the BB suit – didn't like it at all, and it looked terrible in TDK too – however, wasn't a fan of TDK suit either, I agree they went too much like a tactical suit, anyone could have worn - and bearing in mind that Lucius knew what the suit was for by that time, he could have made a more 'stylised' suit... Nolan's trilogy was superb (mostly - still have big problems with TDKR), but I prefered the suits in Batman and Batman Returns to any of the Nolan suits.
Affleck's suit from BvS is hands-down the best Batman suit ever on screen... and hopefully we'll see it again in a solo Batman film.

i have to agree the BvS suit is the best suit we've seen on screen and IMO the warehouse fight is the best Batman fight we've seen on screen so far even if the movie wasn't well received.

i have to agree the BvS suit is the best suit we've seen on screen and IMO the warehouse fight is the best Batman fight we've seen on screen so far even if the movie wasn't well received.

That's what you get when you are not reinventing the wheel and just play some game from Arkham series :)

That's what you get when you are not reinventing the wheel and just play some game from Arkham series :)

You're welcome, mates :duff :wink1:

New pictures of the costume on display at a Licensing Expo in Las Vegas:

545f1a8c94a062bede24523633399778.jpg

183f70cfe10c489f3039bfa3a2beb087.jpg

5f9cbf8cb9a0bf6eb667396e6d15ed7a.jpg
7a15abfd85ecb3cb89355d4765bd1a9e.jpg
7c6dd72fa94f613c1415d9b557e59f45.jpg

More on Collider website. I'm on Tapatalk, so if the pictures are too big on desktop let me know and I can resize it to medium.

Good to see the colors aren't so bright. I like this suit, I'll probably get it over the "standard" suit for this film. It'll look great standing next to Armored Bats.

Hot Toys MMS Justice League Batman Tactical Suit Figure

Yeah this is the best look we've had of the suit yet. Looks great in my opinion. I hope the goggles will be removable on the figure. I'll probably end up getting both Batsuits as I really like both of them. Standard and deluxe with swappable wired capes please HT.

I like how his forehead looks metal, unlike the rest of the cowl. I guess he doesn't have to avoid landing on his head anymore. :lol

Would definitely be my next HT pre-order. Love this suit. Always thought the Arkham Origins suit would look great as a live-action suit, and this one looks very close to that game's main batsuit, particularly the design of the shoulder/bicep and torso armors and those thigh sleeves that look like chaps.

I just hope none of the rubber plates and straps would be made of TOO FRAGILE materials though.

Another high quality picture from Batman-News:
1e0f06b4a7656c9dfde496cf037a0b85.jpg

Hot Toys MMS Justice League Batman Tactical Suit Figure

Would definitely be my next HT pre-order. Love this suit. Always thought the Arkham Origins suit would look great as a live-action suit, and this one looks very close to that game's main batsuit, particularly the design of the shoulder/bicep and torso armors and those thigh sleeves that look like chaps.

I just hope none of the rubber plates and straps would be made of TOO FRAGILE materials though.

Good comparison to the Arkham Origins suit. I can see a similarity as well. I hope we see this and more Justice League figures at SDCC. And yeah hopefully there's also no peeling on the suit like the BvS figure.

Back