HT ENDO Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I don't think anyone is actually comparing the NECA to the HT's version, all i'm saying is that for $50 the NECA is an amazing piece! It lack the detail that the HTs one offers, nothing more.

detail is everything, if it dosent look like what its supposed to why buy it :huh i think that pic does it too much justice other pics ive seen it looks awful.

I have never owned the Neca but I've seen a repaint and refit customization done that made it look almost as good as the SS 1/4 version. It has a ton of potential.

you may have seen mine. the piece was chrome painted (not by me)

I then added the neck pistons and wire collar bone, drilled a hole through his leg to support him on the base, and custom made the base from scratch. It's the only endo I need now.

endoskeleton-072.jpg

endoskeleton-070.jpg

endoskeleton-048.jpg

endoskeleton-039.jpg

endoskeleton-044.jpg
endoskeleton-045.jpg

endoskeleton-047.jpg

endoskeleton-036.jpg

damn son that is some nice work. the theory of "you cant polish a turd" has been smeared :lol looks bad ass

I'm looking to do something very similar to my NECA endoskeleton. I don't think I can have it chromed, but I do want to make a nice base for it at least. Does anyone know where I can get some 1/4 scale skulls like that? I would think you might be able to get some sort of Halloween decoration and use that.

damn son that is some nice work. the theory of "you cant polish a turd" has been smeared :lol looks bad ass

thank you kind sir!!!!

I'm looking to do something very similar to my NECA endoskeleton. I don't think I can have it chromed, but I do want to make a nice base for it at least. Does anyone know where I can get some 1/4 scale skulls like that? I would think you might be able to get some sort of Halloween decoration and use that.

i found mine at a model kit convention.

this site has one, but it may be a bit expensive unless you are going to create a mold of it to replicate it:

https://www.northjerseymall.com/Mall/Catalog/Product/ASP/product-id/457437/store-id/1000008418.html

Thanks. Yeah, that would be just a little expensive. Do you how the person who chromed your Endoskeleton did it? Did they have to completely disassemble it?

I don't remember anymore. it was someone from the spawn board atleast 2 years ago. i'm pretty sure they did not dissasemble. they started with a black spray primer, and then followed up with a chrome silver via airbrush.

Hi!

I.m considering seriously repaint my Hottoys Endo because I dont like anything that color metal factory and I would like it to be much brighter or shiny.

Any recommended brand/kind of paint or any tips for repaint?

Thanks in advance!

you may have seen mine. the piece was chrome painted (not by me)

I then added the neck pistons and wire collar bone, drilled a hole through his leg to support him on the base, and custom made the base from scratch. It's the only endo I need now.

I hate you so much right now :lol:lol

awesome piece man! rock

Hi!

I.m considering seriously repaint my Hottoys Endo because I dont like anything that color metal factory and I would like it to be much brighter or shiny.

Any recommended brand/kind of paint or any tips for repaint?

Thanks in advance!

:lol:lol:lol i was thinking about doing the same thing with my normal version it just dosent look "metal" enough

yeah that was the one thing i was always disappointed with, it looked so shiny in pictures but when i got mine it was more grey/silver, nonetheless, after months of getting it, i am still amazed by its awesomeness

I've never seen the BD one in person, but I would assume the clean one would look more like metal. That said, even the clean one doesn't really look much like metal... Actually the NECA piece and the Hot Toys piece are about the same in that respect. Both look like metallic gray paint more than metal per se.

Last edited:
i dont think either are very "chromy". the BD version just has some minor dings and bullet holes painted on. i just really like the skull base. the base was the deal maker for me. i only own the BD version.

yeah that was the one thing i was always disappointed with, it looked so shiny in pictures but when i got mine it was more grey/silver, nonetheless, after months of getting it, i am still amazed by its awesomeness

it is an awesome piece. if only it was a bit more shiny, i like shiny things.

Crow.jpg

shiny shiny

I seen one of those birds fly up near a drain pipe years ago and I could of swore it had a ring in its beak , it was gleaming really bright in the sun light.
I sent my friend up on the roof with a pair of ladders ( obviously we have really busy lives :lol ) but he couldn't see anything.

Since we've been talking about the NECA Endo in comparison with the Hot Toys one, I decided to do a close comparison of them and take a few pictures of them together. Honestly, beyond slightly better paint apps and a slightly different head sculpt, I don't see anything that makes the HT version clearly superior. Sure, the NECA figure doesn't have articulated fingers and toes, but those aren't exactly necessary (except for the obligatory "flipping the bird" shots of course). Yes, it's a very impressive figure and feat of engineering, and I'm not knocking it so much as praising the NECA figure. That they made this thing for around $40 is just insane! I'm seriously considering just upgrading the NECA with a nice base and perhaps a better paint job, and selling off my HT Endo to help pay for the upcoming T2 PF.

One thing I did notice was that if you take a picture of the NECA version with a flash, it looks like it's smiling, which may be one thing giving people the impression that it looks wrong. In normal light it looks good and sufficiently imposing.

endoskeleton_comparison1.jpg

NECA:
endoskeleton_comparison3.jpg

Hot Toys:
endoskeleton_comparison5.jpg

And here's a gratuitous family shot of all of my terminators. :)

endoskeleton_comparison4.jpg

Back