HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Can the hat be placed on his head like in the end of Temple of Doom, pushed backed on his head? Just curious.

Last edited:
With PERS we have Lee, Joker, Batman TDK, Sparrow, Joker and Bayman 89 and they are amazing!!! PERS is something more wrong in a wrong sculpt.

With PERS we have Lee, Joker, Batman TDK, Sparrow, Joker and Bayman 89 and they are amazing!!! PERS is something more wrong in a wrong sculpt.

With the exception of Lee, each of those have dark around the eyes so the space between the sculpt and PERS arent as noticeable as it is here. We are not sure how Sparrow/1989 Batman and Joker will turn out yet. Sparrow and Bats should be fine since they both have dark around the eyes. Hope 1989 Joker and Bespin Luke dont suffer from PERS Eyeliner. :pray::pray::pray:

I can understand why HT felt the need to make Indiana Jones a DX since he is one of the greatest film character icons of all time, but I have never felt that Indy needed PERS. Its a character/figure IMO, didnt need movable eyes. But oh well. :dunno

I think they made him a DX because of licensing costs? Maybe they figured they could not charge xxxx.xx amount without making a profit, so therefore bumped the price and made him a DX?

And the dx eyeliner is apparently only noticeable in photos? that's OK with me. as long as he doesn't look emo in person it's all good. :lol

I think they made him a DX because of licensing costs? Maybe they figured they could not charge xxxx.xx amount without making a profit, so therefore bumped the price and made him a DX?

And the dx eyeliner is apparently only noticeable in photos? that's OK with me. as long as he doesn't look emo in person it's all good. :lol

I think thats the case as well. Im sure he will look awesome in person!

With a good head sculpture we would have only a small annoyance but we a head that can make us think: "who is this guy?" ... I think that the problem goes beyond the PERS.

The head sculpt is Michael Fassbender. I was trying to remember who was that face and...Michael Fassbender!

Just showed this to my girlfriend who said;

'it's not a bad sculpt but just doesn't look like him too much.....lips are too big, nose too bulbous and his eyes look too much like cartoon eyes'.

Sums up my feelings too unfortunately. Shame.

Just showed this to my girlfriend who said;

'it's not a bad sculpt but just doesn't look like him too much.....lips are too big, nose too bulbous and his eyes look too much like cartoon eyes'.

Sums up my feelings too unfortunately. Shame.

My girlfriend said more or less the same!!! :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

MJ Bad PERS are perfect IMO, so are Lees. These seem all wrong for several reasons, there is actual dark paint around the eyes as well.
Makes him very doll like...

A little "Team America"...

Alrighty !

Finally got my Indy in hand. I thought he was awesome from the start, and still do. Maybe I'm asian, not as net picky on caucasians as you guys (but asians....... to my eyes, DX04 Bruce Lee still looks nothing like him).

Anyhow, a few pages back, some asked to put him in the PF stance. I did a sorta half assed version, placed the idol in his hands.

Oh... about the dark eyeliner thing. It does seem his eyes are a little deep into the socket so theres like this slight gap. When the hat is on, and your main source of light is coming from the ceiling, it casts a shadow on the eyes which makes the outlining of the eyes look like hes wearing eyeliner. Thats why pics without the hat, has less of a problem.

I also took a pic of my sideshow Indy, which i got repainted to look much better then the piece of atroucious garbage that was in the box. If both Indy's came out at the same time, with the price points being what they are now, Sideshow's wouldn't even be needed to consider in my opinion.

If you are arguing this is not good because of the price point, and Sideshow's was aceeptable because is it was cheap. Then you get what you pay for, and i'd rather pay for one good full packaged figure. Rather then get something, spend money to get it repainted, buy an extra TT body to switch it on, get a bunch of finer made accessories here and there (whip, coat, shoes) and then need to buy a crappy exclusive figure in order to get a pedestal. My 2 cents.

Only got Blackberry pics for you. Didn't turn on the flash, so my Sideshow Indy is a little dark, to lazy to pull him outta the cabinet.

KowloonCityDistrict-20111017-00235.jpg

KowloonCityDistrict-20111017-00236.jpg

KowloonCityDistrict-20111017-00237.jpg

KowloonCityDistrict-20111017-00238.jpg

Repaint parts of the head, get rid of eyeliner. See if I can do anything to the jaw and some major ageing detail work on the costume. Might even see if I can fix the eyes. The mouth though, which I hate the most is unfixable.

Alrighty !

Finally got my Indy in hand. I thought he was awesome from the start, and still do. Maybe I'm asian, not as net picky on caucasians as you guys (but asians....... to my eyes, DX04 Bruce Lee still looks nothing like him).

Anyhow, a few pages back, some asked to put him in the PF stance. I did a sorta half assed version, placed the idol in his hands.

Oh... about the dark eyeliner thing. It does seem his eyes are a little deep into the socket so theres like this slight gap. When the hat is on, and your main source of light is coming from the ceiling, it casts a shadow on the eyes which makes the outlining of the eyes look like hes wearing eyeliner. Thats why pics without the hat, has less of a problem.

I also took a pic of my sideshow Indy, which i got repainted to look much better then the piece of atroucious garbage that was in the box. If both Indy's came out at the same time, with the price points being what they are now, Sideshow's wouldn't even be needed to consider in my opinion.

If you are arguing this is not good because of the price point, and Sideshow's was aceeptable because is it was cheap. Then you get what you pay for, and i'd rather pay for one good full packaged figure. Rather then get something, spend money to get it repainted, buy an extra TT body to switch it on, get a bunch of finer made accessories here and there (whip, coat, shoes) and then need to buy a crappy exclusive figure in order to get a pedestal. My 2 cents.

Only got Blackberry pics for you. Didn't turn on the flash, so my Sideshow Indy is a little dark, to lazy to pull him outta the cabinet.

Uh, yeah, definitely prefer the HT Indy over the PF which looks like a Chipmunk.

Looks pretty good in those pics! Thank you! How is the durability with the PERS? Any worry of them breaking?

Alrighty !

Back