HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
people can always take some nice pics from a crappy figure ,because he can use light magic and PS to make some changes,but the figure can not be good by itself. it is not Indy,so I won't buy it.

Well, in the end I think we can all agree that you will end up with a $400 / $500 figure ! I mean if you but the extra stuff to make it look as Indy as it can get. Like getting a Soveirgn studio jacket, a Mfisher belt set......

Well I see no PS or light and magic in this photo, and it's one of my favourites.
Screenshot2011-10-15at22800AM.png

Re: Hot Toys DX05- Indiana Jones (Raiders of the Lost Ark) 1/6 Figure Full Specs + Pi

If I had to pick one photo that was a straight photo, no PS, no special lighting, just a raw shot, I like this one:
photo-66.jpg

The other two you guys pointed out are great too. Man, Im really excited to get this guy. I really do hope he is shipping this week from SS. Its been a long wait!

Well I see no PS or light and magic in this photo, and it's one of my favourites.
Screenshot2011-10-15at22800AM.png

Well, my personnal favorite is that one (plus another one of that set but I can't find it).

Here there's absolutely no light or photoshopping effect, and I see a lot of Ford in here, plus the eyes don't look too bad!

No one ever said that the whole figure looks bad, only that this release as $250 DX Indi are supercrap :dunno
So as long as you can get this for x < $200 it's cool.

Wow! That's actually excellent! Except for the PERS being cross-eyed! :lol

But likeness is great here!

I can understand why HT felt the need to make Indiana Jones a DX since he is one of the greatest film character icons of all time, but I have never felt that Indy needed PERS. Its a character/figure IMO, didnt need movable eyes. But oh well. :dunno

These are good pics to show off the likeness as well. Dont really like the neck/hairline in the profile pic, but hopefully its not as noticeable in person.

I had asked in the last thread to those that have the figure in hand, is the PERS ok? NO worries of it breaking like the DX01?

It looks to me that the light reflection in both eyes is giving of that crossed eyed look. I really am not a fan of PERS, I will be leaving them alone if he is already looking forward. Such a shame that all the Star Wars figures will be DX as well

It looks to me that the light reflection in both eyes is giving of that crossed eyed look. I really am not a fan of PERS, I will be leaving them alone if he is already looking forward. Such a shame that all the Star Wars figures will be DX as well

Yeah. :(

I mean, there are some characters that benefit from it. Joker, Jack Sparrow, Terminator could...Bela Lugosi Dracula could....but not Indy or any of the Star Wars characters, imo.

When I see how the PERS eyes can ruin a rather decent sculpt, I'm so glad they decided not to use it on Superman!

HT should stop using this. It's useless, fragile and can kill a sculpt!

... but on another subject, this is a great end of the year! I'll get my two favourite heroes before Xmas (Supes and Indy!).

Back