HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Cheers, the only problem with that is I'm becoming follicly challenged! They'll never believe me when I tell them it's for sticking down Indiana Jones jacket, they'll be fitting me up with a wig before I leave...

Deak cheats! He put his Indy on an Ezio body which adds to how good his looks! :monkey5 :D :whip

:lol What about that new Enterbay body? That has a sculpted neck, right?

10174054.jpg

Last edited:
DSC_0301.jpg

I have painted Trevs sculpt a dozen times and imo it is the better likeness to Ford. It does however come across a bit cartoonish compared to the Hot Toys version. Granted it was done a few years ago. If Trevor would revisit the sculpt and add more detailing there would be no comparison. His PF TOD Indy is spot on serious expression Ford. I would love that sculpt in 1:6 scale.

Exaggerated or not, I see a lot more Ford in Trev's sculpt then the HT. Anyone who says differently is just wrong. :D

Seriously though, if both figs were stripped down to the bare base body, I think more people would recognize the Trev sculpt as Ford. The characteristics are clearer on the Trev sculpt. HT's looks more human with its "factory" paint. I'd love to see the Trev sculpt painted by HT.

Just discovered with a little customization the Hot Toys version is a PERFECT replica of Indy... if they had cast Tom Selleck...

scaled.php

I just wanted to mention that HT's Indy has been growing on me. Not because the headsculpt has gotten better with time in my eyes, since I still think it's off. But because the sting of the price is wearing off.

My main issue with this figure all along has been the poor likeness (by HT's own standards), but more so when it's in direct correlation to the price. When this figure was announced last January, $250 was an astronomical price to pay for a human figure. I don't think any other human figure approached that price at the time. They were all mostly in the $140-$180 range. Furthermore, HT's prices had stayed in that range for most of their figures for a good couple of years, with only the occasional specialty figure shooting up higher (and not even by that much). If Indy had been around $180 (which was at the higher end of their pricing spectrum), then I might have been more accepting of it's shortcomings. But Indy's price was a Quantum Leap!

Then all the figures' prices started climbing, and climbing fast.

Now look at the Avengers Cap coming in at $215! Suddenly $250 is not such a big deal.

So what am I saying? Maybe those of you that have been on the fence should go ahead and take the plunge. Don't get me wrong, I still have issues with the figure. I'll never get over the likeness problem and I hate that they used the muscle body on him (it's too buff for him and the arms lack articulation). But now that the "norm" price is over $200 for a basic figure, $250 (or slightly less if you find a deal online) isn't terrible for what you get.

It's just like buying gas, pay over $4 a gal. long enought when it comes down to $3.50 you think you're getting a bargin. You forget $3.50 is still .75 higher than what you paid the year before.

It's more like this one gas station near you raised the price to $4 last year when everyone else was charging $2. But now everyone is charging $3.75, so now the $4 that local gas station is still charging doesn't seem so bad.

Just sold mine on ebay. Couldn't stand looking at it any longer. The HS, as well as the shortness of the figure became a fixation.

Maybe if they make one without the damn PERS, I'll bite again. Til then, I'll have to be content with my modded SS.

Ok, HT Indy HS isn't perfect... But the SS Indy HS is ten thousand times worse... Even the "best" mods I've seen of it is laughable.

Back