HT DX05 - Indiana Jones - in-hand images

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Agreed guys... It's not even close to as bad as they seem to keep posting... I'd be using that horrible SSC Thor PF statue as a meter of bad. Saw a inhand one yesterday and it was total crap...and I like almost anything...LOL!

I still contend that Drago is Hot Toys worst figure.

product_image.php

Cartoony, skimpy paint, no detail and looks nothing like Lundgren.

I don't think the HT Indy is bad at all. The accesories are great. The sculpt is not as bad as everyone says, but not as good as everyone was hoping for. I have 3 indys. One Raiders, one modded TOD and one raiders arab. The problem I have with the entire figure is that I had to mod it to be satisfied with it. The jacket felt to clean for my taste for example. The SS is good, no argue there but it is too big and even after a briljant repaint (I own one of those, can't remember the painters name) it looks kinda cartoonish. It looks like Ford, but it still is a toy. With the HT sculpt (wich is inferior in likeness), the skin feels more reel. If someone would recast the SS sculpt in a smaller scale with the a skinlike material it would outshine the HT. Right now, I just pose my indy to look like Indy so I am satisfied.

By the way, this is my personal opinion and view on the entire subject. No need for an endless discussion. Let's just all hope that HT redeems itself with a TOD indy with two bodies, the Lao che outfit, indy's outfit, the ripped indy's outfit, the chalice, the 3 sankara stones with lightup function, the cloth with scribe on it, a bridge diorama transformable to a minecart diorama. 2 backgrounds, a complete shortround who says "very funny", a torch and some good glasses and a suit to go with the dining scene alongside a chilled monkeybrains buffet. That for the price of 100 USD :p

Damn you Cav! :cuss That looks awesome! But no fair! You have the brilliant Kato jacket and shirt plus a great repaint! I forget: did you repaint the mascara too? Cos those eyes look perfect!

I can see HT making a 1/4 scale Indy given Howard's recent interview. He said that only certain licences were being made in 1/4 scale. Plus, it would give them a second shot.

Hey, has anyone managed to get the revolver into the gun pouch far enough to actually fold over the gun pouch cover and clip it back on with the magnet clip?

No matter how I try, I simply cannot push the revolver any further into the pouch and fold over the cover. It just wont reach!

What did you guys do?

I bought Mfishers set. Much better than Hot toys. Better whip and pouch ;)

Hey, has anyone managed to get the revolver into the gun pouch far enough to actually fold over the gun pouch cover and clip it back on with the magnet clip?

No matter how I try, I simply cannot push the revolver any further into the pouch and fold over the cover. It just wont reach!

What did you guys do?

Phooey! My Indy came with the revolver's cylinder missing. So instead of doing the logical thing and go through the etailer (Corner Store Comics), genius me thought that I would go straight to HT and ask for a replacement. I emailed them with photos. They responded right away and asked for a receipt which I sent them right back. Everything seemed to go very smoothly.

Then I waited for about 2 months before I followed up with them, figuring I'd give them a little time to sort it out. But it wasn't til then that they spring this on me: that they don't deal with any problems you have with your figure unless you bought it through Sideshow (here in the US). All other vendors are not recognized by HT. But they said they would make an exception this one time. OK fine. They said to mail them the revolver and they would mail me a new one with the cylinder. I mailed it and emailed them letting them know it was on the way. They emailed back when they got it. Great!

But no. I emailed them a month after that and they said it's still taking them some time to process my request. I'm due to pester them again.

I'm tempted to hedge my bets and contact Corner Store Comics and tell them HT would not help me out. They kinda know the situation because I had to contact them for a copy of the receipt and I explained to them that I didn't want to bother them with the problem and that I would deal with HT directly.

So I emailed them right after Christmas and am still waiting for a replacement from HT. Moral of the story? Don't go through HT with any problems!

I don't think so...IF they do release a new indy, it will be TOD and as a follow up a Crusade and KOTCS Indy. Than when we all have them..they'll release a DX-extra of ROTLA indy :p

IF they do release a new indy, it will be TOD and as a follow up a Crusade and KOTCS Indy.

I'd like to see a TOD Indy figure, hopefully the line is not dead; I'd really like to have one great Indy collectible to give to my kids once I'm in the grave! :dunno

I'd like to see a TOD Indy figure, hopefully the line is not dead; I'd really like to have one great Indy collectible to give to my kids once I'm in the grave! :dunno

SAY WHAT?

I'll be leaving my kids the entire Original 3 3/4 Kenner Indiana Jones and the Raiders of the Lost Ark Collection. The Toys McCoy Indiana Jones, The Medicom Indiana Jones and Dr. Henry Jones pair, the ARK from the Kenner 1/6 scale line, the entire (all four movies with all the exclusives) modern Kenner 3 3/4 Indiana Jones Collection, and the Hot Toys DX Indiana Jones.

I think mine wil have enough to cover them, though they'll probably sell everything before my body has a chance to grow cold.

Back