HT Dog Alien

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The actual product page seems to be working fine now, lol. Just FYI, if you haven't tried.
Can't wait to get this guy!

Just a little update; I recieved my Dog Alien from GoHatings today -- great stuff! The shipping package was coming apart as it arrived (the top flap wasn't taped... REALLY!?), but the figure and its actual box were in awesome condish.

Now to wait for my HT T-700 to arrive! :D

Just a little update; I recieved my Dog Alien from GoHatings today -- great stuff! The shipping package was coming apart as it arrived (the top flap wasn't taped... REALLY!?), but the figure and its actual box were in awesome condish.

Now to wait for my HT T-700 to arrive! :D
protip - heat the leg joint thoroughly before assembling and NEVER compare the figure to the movie.
i just saved you most of the headache of owning that thing. enjoy.

protip - heat the leg joint thoroughly before assembling and NEVER compare the figure to the movie.

If we heat up the joint don't you think it will make the joint loose? Is it very hard to install the leg?

Didn't need to; just went through some light sanding and pushed. All there is to it. I must've been lucky, I dunno, but I won't get stressed about losing shine when it's inevitable anyway (plus posing the thing is a total pain in the ass, so of course when you get there, he'll lose the "out of the box" look :dunno).
He looks pretty awesome, though. I love the way it turned out, and the pose I found (using a spare HT Machiko stand -- suits him well) looks superb on my shelf, especially next to my Grid Alien. The accuracy issues aren't too bad in person. I just want to have HT's representation of it, because it still looks amazing as a figure. That's all.

Now to just get Big Chap...

Didn't need to; just went through some light sanding and pushed. All there is to it. I must've been lucky, I dunno, but I won't get stressed about losing shine when it's inevitable anyway (plus posing the thing is a total pain in the ass, so of course when you get there, he'll lose the "out of the box" look :dunno).
He looks pretty awesome, though. I love the way it turned out, and the pose I found (using a spare HT Machiko stand -- suits him well) looks superb on my shelf, especially next to my Grid Alien. The accuracy issues aren't too bad in person. I just want to have HT's representation of it, because it still looks amazing as a figure. That's all.

Now to just get Big Chap...

I will give it to Hot Toys on this one (at least until NECA does their version), this figure is AWESOME.

Even despite the "fish mouth".

Congrats on the score Blade, and with the ease of getting that leg in.

Damn now I feel like I should have picked this figure up. Ah well. Still enjoying the big chap I got instead. Maybe pick this up later on in the future. :D Let's see some pics Blade. No pics means no figure. :lol

Damn now I feel like I should have picked this figure up. Ah well. Still enjoying the big chap I got instead. Maybe pick this up later on in the future. :D Let's see some pics Blade. No pics means no figure. :lol

I'm with ya on that one. But I'm on vacay in Canada right now, so I gotta wait until I get back later next week. Until then, I've left Doggy to spend his time in the garage, to rid him of that nasty PVC smell. Actually, it smells more like a bucket full of house paint. Ugh... I miss him already, lol.

Good news is, by the time I return, I'll have the T-700 I ordered too! And... maybe, the Big Chap, which I'll probably buy off GH in the next couple days. I'd highly recommend springing for the Dog, though. I mean, the price is excellent, and even their normal sale price (without the coupon code) is worth it. Me, I'll make sure to get every order I'm interested in by the 30th.

Anyhow, upon my return, I'll be sure to take some pics :D.

I don't want to kick off the old "screen accuracy" debate ( argument) which dogs ALL Hot Toys Alien threads , but I think THAT subject is moot when dealing with the Alien 3 creature , as the xeno looks different ( and changes size!) in virtually every scene !:lol

I don't want to kick off the old "screen accuracy" debate ( argument) which dogs ALL Hot Toys Alien threads , but I think THAT subject is moot when dealing with the Alien 3 creature , as the xeno looks different ( and changes size!) in virtually every scene !:lol
true, but the problem is it doesn't look like ANY version in the movie.
and it doesn't look like there was any attempt to make it look accurate.
but, you could say that about every HT alien so far. they're no better than the McFarlane aliens.

Of course , Hot Toys would make an Alien 3 and make no attempt to make it accurate ! This is the sort of attitude that nearly prompted me to quit this forum . :cuckoo:
And don't bother posting ____ty replies , I'm unsubscibing from this thread and going back to the Star Wars custom sub-thread .:nana:

OK! Caved in and got one last night from Gohastings. Might as well take advantage of the code before it expires. Hear it expires on the 30th? Is that true?

I think so. I'd better put a rush on getting Big Chap sometime over the next few days.

Yea don't wait long. While you're at it check out any other cool stuff they have. They still got the Marcus Wright available last I checked and BR joker and maybe V1 connor too. Just search for "sideshow" or "hot toys".

They don't ship out of the US at all? Bummer dude! A big company like thet you'd think they'd worked out international shipping by now.:slap

Thanks for the concern mate!

The problem is that you Yanks live in such a big country that they think they don't need to hustle with international shipping :/

These are just some of the pics I've taken for a future YT review. The shots really brought out the colors of the piece. Definitely a beautiful figure, for which my accuracy nitpicks disappeared upon seeing in person.

vcqqg6.jpg

2jcvbxw.jpg

15gxcuh.jpg

2uhmzwz.jpg

Hope you guys like 'em! Couldn't resist going into close-ups with this guy! One of my unexpected faves for sure!

These are just some of the pics I've taken for a future YT review. The shots really brought out the colors of the piece. Definitely a beautiful figure, for which my accuracy nitpicks disappeared upon seeing in person.
Hope you guys like 'em! Couldn't resist going into close-ups with this guy! One of my unexpected faves for sure!

Nice catch bro. I'm waiting for mine to come. Thanks for your info on GoHastings. :rock

Back