HT Dog Alien

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
The only downside with Doggy (even though he's my favorite HT Alien) is that his legs aren't as poseable as you'd first expect. More side swivel movements would've been nice.

I wanted to pose mine in that classic squat pose where one hand is on the ground and the other is in the air. Can't do it.

The only downside with Doggy (even though he's my favorite HT Alien) is that his legs aren't as poseable as you'd first expect. More side swivel movements would've been nice.

I wanted to pose mine in that classic squat pose where one hand is on the ground and the other is in the air. Can't do it.
I couldn't pose him worth _____. It's sad cause he looks so beautiful..

And his head needs to go back more to help with that as well, because even if you could get that pose he'll still be looking down.

Cool, thanks. I may try that someday soon. I like the pose mine is in, but I get tired of the inner jaw being out. However, with the pose it's in it doesn't look good without the mouth open.

I agree. I think all the alien figures should have a second switch that can keep the mouth open without forcing the little mouth to come out. Then the first switch can move the little mouth in and out slowly or something.

This is how I mine posed:
Getting it to look good on all 4's is a real pain.

DSC06843.jpg

DSC06832.jpg

poopy alien is cool too I guess :lol

DSC06777.jpg

I'd say the first pic has a sweet enough pose. You'd think the dragon would be the most flexible of the lot, but he's not. Requires a little futzing around. I'll take some pics of his current pose tomorrow. Time to get to bed.

Ya just gotta arch his back more.

I've done that. I push his head back as far as it goes, arch the back (all the way to make him look forward), pose him, aaaaannnd he looks ridiculous.

Doesn't matter anyway, because where I've got him there's no room for him to be on all fours.

IMG_3230.jpg

Dog01.jpg

Dog02.jpg

Btw, Endless, I did try the screw, but I didn't like it. Didn't feel safe. Besides, I've had him with his inner jaw extended for so long that the spring has no give anymore. I now have a wider range of options for positioning it. It doesn't have to be all the way in or all the way out; it can be just about anywhere in between.

Hey nice pictures man! Also nice Konami Alien you have there too, I recognise that this is the Dog Chestburster from the Volume 1 Konami Collection.
This is how I mine posed:
Getting it to look good on all 4's is a real pain.

DSC06843.jpg

DSC06832.jpg

poopy alien is cool too I guess :lol

DSC06777.jpg

Thanks guys.
Yeah AL(|)EN COLLECTOR, you have sharp eyes. ;)
Lovin' your Profile name too!

I can almost hear Doggy saying "ahhhhhh........." in that last pic, FACEBOX :D.
He'd look pretty kick-ass from the front view, though. Like he's ready to pounce.

this is by far my favorite Alien figure. I love it so much, i got 2. lovin the chicken legs. my second doggy has lost most of it's luster, lost its gloss and kinda dull now...paint peel, sheesh. :[

*any points and tips on restoring this figure's paint up?

I remember the smell off this figure. I'd say it was the most intense NTS I've ever had. I couldn't keep it in the bedroom for the first couple of days.

i actually made the second doggy as my other GR's(still unfinished) hellride/hellhound. :lol
P1010331.jpg
[/IMG]

you can see the lackluster paint peel on this one. any points/tips on improving this one?

Ouch, fosing, I thought that the rubber suit on my Dog Alien was looking dull, but that looks terrible. Sorry to say that I personally have no idea on what you could do to improve it.

Ouch, fosing, I thought that the rubber suit on my Dog Alien was looking dull, but that looks terrible. Sorry to say that I personally have no idea on what you could do to improve it.

my other one still holds up. i just recently acquired my second doggy from a fellow freak here in NZ for a bargain. :]

is putting on a gloss coat on the rubber body a bad idea?

Back