HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think it is great that everyone has a shot at getting one of these figures.
It does however seem like some of you guys are angry that they are not sold out and the only reason you bought it was because it was "rare and exclusive".

I can't speak for anyone else, but I bought Shadow becauce I'm trying to get all the Lost Hunters/P2 Predators. And as for the Batman, it was a chance to get a Batman Begins figure and a Bruce Wayne at the same time, so I'll have both (DX) Batmans.

I was going to hunt around for the DX version but after all the talk of the abs leaking (which probably sounds a hell of a lot worse than it is) I decided on this, flexpay is my friend and I'll get a very nice looking Batman out of it as well.

The only one's that can tell you why they bought off eBay are the people that did. And I sure they have different reasons, from wanting it now to maybe the only way they can order it. What does it matter?

They could be Batman fans who don't even know that Sideshow collectables exist?

I was going to hunt around for the DX version but after all the talk of the abs leaking (which probably sounds a hell of a lot worse than it is) I decided on this, flexpay is my friend and I'll get a very nice looking Batman out of it as well.

Ah, ignorance is bliss.... :chillpill:

It still is. :dunno Just because your flip value decreased doesn't mean it's any less collectible. :monkey1

Don't be condescending to me. I never was going to flip it. I was buy it as a limited edition collectible that was worth something and likely to go up in value. I think you're pretend playing as Sgt. Slaughter is going to your head.

Don't be condescending to me. I never was going to flip it. I was buy it as a limited edition collectible that was worth something and likely to go up in value. I think you're pretend playing as Sgt. Slaughter is going to your head.

+100000000000

:lol You just pretty much restated exactly what he said, so why you mad? :cuckoo:

The price dropping is just a speculation. For the people that are waiting this out it could go either way. Its pretty much 50/50. And IMO if you really want a figure, better to get it while you can instead of wishing you had before the price skyrockets.

That's definitely true. I just figure if you know there is a boatload about to be released it makes sense to give it a little time before paying some crazy price. But you're right - I've never regretted overpaying for something I want. Once I pull the trigger I never look back at market value.

if you buy something and it actually goes up in value after a time it is considered an investment. (maybe not by you). scalpers and the stories that i have seen or heard taking place are just sad. this figure at the end of the day is pretty damn outstanding. i wasnt able to be around to order this this past friday. now its still available! awesome. but at $250 i honestly have reached my end line in a 1/6 COLLECTABLE. if i dont buy it its my fault. but the fact that this hobby is being "destroyed" by scalpers raising the price for the rest of us... well thats not entirely true. we ourself raised the price long before "scalpers" did. where there is blood there will always be sharks.

if you buy something and it actually goes up in value after a time it is considered an investment. (maybe not by you). scalpers and the stories that i have seen or heard taking place are just sad. this figure at the end of the day is pretty damn outstanding. i wasnt able to be around to order this this past friday. now its still available! awesome. but at $250 i honestly have reached my end line in a 1/6 COLLECTABLE. if i dont buy it its my fault. but the fact that this hobby is being "destroyed" by scalpers raising the price for the rest of us... well thats not entirely true. we ourself raised the price long before "scalpers" did. where there is blood there will always be sharks.

Definately. SSC's/Hottoys has been inching prices up and as long as people pay, they will continue to do so. It's still hard for friends to understand that a 12 inch action figure collectible can go for $250, when some 24 inch statues are just a little more to maybe 100 more.

Definately. SSC's/Hottoys has been inching prices up and as long as people pay, they will continue to do so. It's still hard for friends to understand that a 12 inch action figure collectible can go for $250, when some 24 inch statues are just a little more to maybe 100 more.

:exactly::goodpost:

I bought the figure and didn't even want it, I just wanted to keep someone else on here from buying it. I guess I'll give to my brother's 2 yo or maybe my dog as a chew toy.

That c^nt was supposed to send me a couple of HS. Any info on the bastard since he ____ed over members of this board?

Those threads were closed last time I checked but I skimmed through them and I think he popped in at some point with a mea culpa and a promise to do right by us but then he skipped town again. I doubt he'll ever come back.

Those threads were closed last time I checked but I skimmed through them and I think he popped in at some point with a mea culpa and a promise to do right by us but then he skipped town again. I doubt he'll ever come back.

I used to work with the guy back in my product-development days. He was mostly a nice guy and delivered what was assigned to him. I haven't spoken to him in over 3-4 years, but if he dissed the people on this board...that sucks.

Wow haven't seen that name in a couple years. Thank god that loser only took me for $20!!!

Tthe Russia/Paypal comment reminded me of his "Russian Spammers took over my internetz" excuse.

I was luckily spared from Howes because the project I was interested in never got off the ground. I did get f'd by John Pinkerton (pinkertonfx) for a Pennywise head, though. And that dude was also a working pro (for Mezco, among other things). Just goes to show you can't be too careful.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back