HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I have a feeling i may actually end up regretting the $224 i will pay for this guy when i see these on ebay for $150.

I only preordered because i thought it was pretty neat looking in 1/6th, i don't really even like the movie or the suit... I just didn't want to regret not grabbing one... oh well, you live, you learn.

M.

You still have time to cancel if you want. Even if you're charged a cancelation fee because of Flex Pay, it's only going to be $20. Better that, than having regrets because you didn't really want this figure. But, I doubt that this figure will sell for only $150, especially considering the Bale head sculpt and improvements.

Spoke to a Sideshow Representative today about the possibility of them increasing the order from 1 per customer to 2 per customer. While he didn't give me a straight up answer, it does appear that they're waiting and contemplate upping it up to two for those interested. Supposedly they want to give it more time since it's only been a weekend since the PPOs have gone up.

Probably... but an additional $175 to get a figure 2 months earlier is ridiculous.

:lecture

A & B conversation so EcKo can C his way back to fapping over Joker 2.0. :moon

Probably because there's a NRD for purchases of 2 figures or more and technically Scarecrow and Mrs. King is 2 figures? :huh

10 bucks says no one knows wtf a Scarecrow and a Mrs. King from a Tron or a Charlie's Angel. :lol

35a827db8fd61144-1.jpg

The bale likeness is incredible :horror

It amazes me that people are still buying this on eBay for $400 when there are clearly going to be a shat-ton of these made :lol

How many times are people going to say this and be told that people in Asia can't order from Sideshow and have no other choice but to buy it off eBay.

How many times are people going to say this and be told that people in Asia can't order from Sideshow and have no other choice but to buy it off eBay.

Its because their stooopid , and they will never GET it through their dumb skulls :exactly:

Well I've actually watched these $400-$600 dollar figures end on ebay, and you know what, the buyers, for the most part actually aren't from asia, they're from . . . the U.S.

They're locations are actually in the U.S. not all of them mind you, but a good majority are. You can see this when the buyer leaves the seller feedback. Mind you, this is recent too. It not only baffles me, but it's disturbing also. Are these buyers paying out the ass not aware that Sideshow is selling them cheaper also? Do they not care about how much they pay? I mean, I just don't get it.

Well I've actually watched these $400-$600 dollar figures end on ebay, and you know what, the buyers, for the most part actually aren't from asia, they're from . . . the U.S.

They're locations are actually in the U.S. not all of them mind you, but a good majority are. You can see this when the buyer leaves the seller feedback. Mind you, this is recent too. It not only baffles me, but it's disturbing also. Are these buyers paying out the ass not aware that Sideshow is selling them cheaper also? Do they not care about how much they pay? I mean, I just don't get it.

Better be careful asking logical questions. Your post will likely be flamed by certain know-it-alls in 5...4...3...2...1

Grr, still can't view my account, placed orders, or even buy/preorder other items off Sideshow's website. Keeps directing me to the Batman/ShadowPredator Streamlined page. Maybe someone forgot to switch the site back before they went home for the weekend?

I think his point is once Sideshow starts shipping their stock there will probably be a flood on Ebay that will drive the price down. So even if you can't order through Sideshow the Sideshow release will likely make it cheaper for everyone.

Or at last that's what I would think. Buying it now doesn't make much sense no matter where you live.

yeah, this is going to be pretty cheap to pick up. If I could get in and cancel, I probably would. I took SSC's at face value (a mistake) about it being limited edition. This has just turned into a joke. What's the ES 50,000? Is it going to even be worth the shipping price.

The scalpers and flippers aren't the problem. I mean yeah, they're part of it but the blame should go on the buyers who pay more than the MSRP. They're contributing to the problem. If the scalpers didn't have a buyer, they wouldn't have a function, hence scalpers and inflated prices wouldn't exist.

As long as there's someone gullible or careless enough to purchase a figure from these sellers and stores, prices will always be inflated. WE buy the figures. WE dictate the prices.

The real shame is that, even if you don't partake in giving into the secondary market prices, it still ends up affecting you in the long run. There's no doubt in my mind that Hot Toys and Sideshow have increased their retail/MSRP in response to the secondary market. I mean, why wouldn't they. It's all a cycle, starting from the customer, up.

I dont know a great deal about the OC Batman but I have read various threads where people have said that they are annoyed with this new Batman figure seeing as they paid alot for the original. But large quantitys are largely to do with it still being available. Like others have said, I want to see how many of these have been PO'd (especially in the first 10 minutes) Because at the moment it feels as if only a small number have PO'd this (although that obviously aint the truth).

Thats exactly why I waited. I knew that the OC figure was way too popular for HT not to revisit it sooner or later. So I had patience and my prediction came true. :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back