HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Still can't believe Howes got away with it. I mean his address was known to those that dealt with him presumably... why not hand his ass to the police?

I used to work with the guy back in my product-development days. He was mostly a nice guy and delivered what was assigned to him. I haven't spoken to him in over 3-4 years, but if he dissed the people on this board...that sucks.

Who knows what his circumstances were but he did run off with A LOT of money. It's one thing if you can't keep your end of the deal, things happen, but to willingly keep the money when returning it would make everything square? Thats a different thing entirely. I only lost $20 so I didn't lose sleep over it but some peole on here were seriously burned and right or wrong they wanted a pound of flesh. Since then if I want a custom anything I only get what's already made. I think he grossly underestimated the popularity of TDK at the time as far as collectibles go, I know I did. Who would've thought these figs would really put HT on the map? Remember, he started this whole thing around the time the movie was released, next thing he knows there are 50 orders for every character in the movie and he readily accepted the payments.

Who knows what his circumstances were but he did run off with A LOT of money. It's one thing if you can't keep your end of the deal, things happen, but to willingly keep the money when returning it would make everything square? Thats a different thing entirely. I only lost $20 so I didn't lose sleep over it but some peole on here were seriously burned and right or wrong they wanted a pound of flesh. Since then if I want a custom anything I only get what's already made.

OH WOW, I didn't realize it was that bad. That sucks that you and others here had their money taken. Not sure what made him do that, but I didn't know him that well.

Still can't believe Howes got away with it. I mean his address was known to those that dealt with him presumably... why not hand his ass to the police?

Just curious, has anyone every successfully tried to report a seller say from eBay to the police? I tried to once like 5 years ago and they could care less. They basically told me not to buy anything off the internet.
They were no help at all.

The only thing i think you can do is hire a lawyer but if the item isnt really a lot of money, then its just not worth it. You would have to lose like more than $10,000 to even make it worthy to hire a lawyer for something you bought say off eBay. And if the person is in another country, you can forget it...

The only thing that did happen once was I bought a T-Shirt from this company on-line and they disappeared off the face of the earth. Enough people got together and we all participated in a letter to some detective agency located near where this T-Shirt company was from, and the detective agency wrote a letter to them threatening charges against them will be made since there were 1000's of orders made for these t-shirts. about 2-3 weeks later, I got my t-shirt after about a year waiting this out.

Don't be condescending to me. I never was going to flip it. I was buy it as a limited edition collectible that was worth something and likely to go up in value. I think you're pretend playing as Sgt. Slaughter is going to your head.

If you don't like the fact that it's not limited, don't buy it and skip back to the statue threads. :wave

No I didn't.

You're right, you didn't. Because you have little concept of what a valuable 1/6 figure is. :lol

Disagree 100% Keeping the ignorant ignorant encourages the devolution of the species. They should be cast aside and ridiculed for their lack of higher brain function. But I tell you what. If the dumbasses promise not to breed, and agree to be sterilized, I'd be more than happy to keep my mouth shut. Deal? :wave

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl :thud:

I also got duped in the Howes ordeal. And several others. Kinda made me stop collecting. Luckily I caught my 2nd breath.

If you don't like the fact that it's not limited, don't buy it and skip back to the statue threads. :wave

You're right, you didn't. Because you have little concept of what a valuable 1/6 figure is. :lol

Dude, I really don't know where you get off with your attitude towards other members. I don't care if you have 200,000,000 posts and stay on here 24/7, in between re-posing your action figures. I am getting sick of your ____. If someone doesn't agree with you or you don't agree with them, you flame them or make rude comments. You are so busy wanting to be "creative" in your posts and cater to friends of yours on here with your alter-ego personality, that you consistently miss the point and constantly act condescending, except to your select crowd.

The point WAS, that SSC is advertising them as LIMITED EDITION and apparently so LIMITED that a PPO was needed, when in fact that wasn't the case as the ES is apparently very high. I don't appreciate using SSC's info and making a purchase on a collectible, i.e., something that is worth something and increases in value, that is basically being devalued thanks to the large number ES and overseas crap. That was the point. Has nothing to do with whether I collect statues (as you harrassed me in those threads as well). I suggest you put me on ignore and grow the hell up.

I suggest you put me on ignore and grow the hell up.

I think maybe since you are the one getting so worked up perhaps you should put him on ignore. :lol

Also how did this thread go from being the whinge about all things Batman PPO to being about Chris F'n Howes? :dunno

Tell me about. Madness I tell you. This thread has derailed and railed over and over again. Its very entertaining.

This thread is reedonkulous, but I get it. The way I see it, this will be rarer than most figures (if that matters to you), it's not available to their retailers, and it never made it to SDCC. It will more than likely be closer to a T-1000 as Sarah Connor but without any stores carrying it. People should be happy there is an alternative to having an affordable Batman figure. But really, who gives a ____.

:dunno

Dude, I really don't know where you get off with your attitude towards other members. I don't care if you have 200,000,000 posts and stay on here 24/7, in between re-posing your action figures. I am getting sick of your ____. If someone doesn't agree with you or you don't agree with them, you flame them or make rude comments. You are so busy wanting to be "creative" in your posts and cater to friends of yours on here with your alter-ego personality, that you consistently miss the point and constantly act condescending, except to your select crowd.

The point WAS, that SSC is advertising them as LIMITED EDITION and apparently so LIMITED that a PPO was needed, when in fact that wasn't the case as the ES is apparently very high. I don't appreciate using SSC's info and making a purchase on a collectible, i.e., something that is worth something and increases in value, that is basically being devalued thanks to the large number ES and overseas crap. That was the point. Has nothing to do with whether I collect statues (as you harrassed me in those threads as well). I suggest you put me on ignore and grow the hell up.

Now you're just sounding stupid.

scum.jpg

I'm not the one who's in desperate need of some Tucks.

Point IS, it's still limited. You won't find him in TRU or distributed through DCD. The PPO was needed because either way their website would've crashed. You wanna blame someone for the hype, blame your fellow freaks. Sideshow said on many occasions that this would be made available and that they would be getting "enough to cover demand." But the freaks ignored it and bombarded the customer service with request after request. They're the ones who posted about being pissed if they miss the PPOs. They're the ones pedestaling the Asian flippers. Not Sideshow. Your concept of "devalue" is skewed considering, and I promise you, that in the years to come, these things won't drop below retail which means their value is perfectly fine.

But you'd already know all this if you were even fractionally familiar with Hot Toys and the successful history of just about every figure that's every come out of their shop, and if you'd even bothered to participate here, before this figure came out. But you didn't. So quit pretending like you know everything and popping in this thread, ranting out of your ass like you're some ____ing expert, because you're not. Faaaaaaaaaaar from it.

- The figure is first revealed, collectors get worked up over the fact that it's a rerelease.

- Everything settles down and they accept it but now they worry about how they're going to get one, or two, or three.

- People find out that it's a convention exclusive. They hype the release up and the forums fall apart.

- It's announced that there will be plenty to go around (800 per convention). People doubt this and whine anyway.

- OMG THE SCALPERS ARE DOING WHAT THEY ALWAYS DO! OMG!

- Sideshow announces that they'll get the figure.

- WHEN? WHERE? HOW?

- PPO date is released, all hell breaks loose.

- Everyone ends up getting one at the MSRP and still, most souls aren't happy.

I'm sure, even when some of you have this figure secured, in your hands you'll still find something to complain about. Please God, don't let this have any quality control issues.

Just curious, has anyone every successfully tried to report a seller say from eBay to the police? I tried to once like 5 years ago and they could care less. They basically told me not to buy anything off the internet.
They were no help at all.

The only thing i think you can do is hire a lawyer but if the item isnt really a lot of money, then its just not worth it. You would have to lose like more than $10,000 to even make it worthy to hire a lawyer for something you bought say off eBay. And if the person is in another country, you can forget it...

The only thing that did happen once was I bought a T-Shirt from this company on-line and they disappeared off the face of the earth. Enough people got together and we all participated in a letter to some detective agency located near where this T-Shirt company was from, and the detective agency wrote a letter to them threatening charges against them will be made since there were 1000's of orders made for these t-shirts. about 2-3 weeks later, I got my t-shirt after about a year waiting this out.

Yes I have had a lucky case once...I bought something on ebay and the guy never ended up shipping the item, after back and forth with the person I contacted HIS local police with emails and all that and they ended up going to his house and asking him about it and said he had 3 days to pay the money or they are coming to get him. He paid the next day...

I think its all dependent on the cops and if they arent/are busy that day. I dont think they have any obligation to help internet fraud.

now you are sounding ignorant. but lets not take sides shall we? :slap

I will take sides, especially when there is logic/merit in what NAM/Pix are saying. Crying about being mislead on a PPO, that's hilarious. So there is an issue because it's not rare enough? Because it's limited? Come on, this is retarded. And if you fail to see the irony in my picture, well then that's your problem. But thanks for playing. :duff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back