HT Batman Begins - Batman/Wayne TF Ex.

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Batman Begins: Batman/ Bruce Wayne (2011 Toy Fairs Exclusive)

Completed Iron Man Mark II Listings
(highest price +shipping first)

Not saying the figure is worthless... but it was selling in the $500-$700 range before the AU was announced. Now the range is more like $300 to $400 with one outlier of $530.

So, not like its worthless... but if you paid $700 for the Mark II at its peak you have now probably lost $300 of your investment.

Ah ok fair enough.
Though that then begs the question, what kind of a lunatic would pay $700 for a action figure and how many did so?!
I would murder for an ED209 and an Elder predator and have the money right now to buy them but I cannot justify that money on a toy. But then I am not a lunatic! :)

:lol True. But this circumstance is kinda unique... This thing came out of nowhere and might actually have to be ordered VERY soon, which was also unexpected. So news and facts (though almost non-existent right now) are critical. Yet the diehard Bat-folks have already flooded the thread with crazy. I feel like I have to check this thread every 10 minutes or so just on the off chance I actually miss something important. :lol

Gotcha, it would be nice if enthusiasm could be bridled a bit as we wait for useful information. But honestly I'm pretty positive this will not be a particularly difficult figure to obtain. 800 per show, and a pre-order window for Toy Hunters seems to indicate this will be easy to order.

edit: nevermind.

Last edited:

Ah ok fair enough.
Though that then begs the question, what kind of a lunatic would pay $700 for a action figure and how many did so?!
I would murder for an ED209 and an Elder predator and have the money right now to buy them but I cannot justify that money on a toy. But then I am not a lunatic! :)

I feel you man... the only reason I was paying attention is I was pissed I didn't buy one at retail so I could sell it to some lunatic for $700 :lol :lol

You missed my point

I'm not concerned with any devaluing impact this has on my OC batman, I never intend to sell him, maybe just his head for which I will soon have no use

My point is the only thing new with this figure is the first night outfit which is fundamentally compromised in accuracy because they decided to make this an OC re-release too! I want a freaking accurate first night Bruce and HT has given me a half assed job of one

I was not pointing at you, it was a general statement for the many posts made about it devaluing the original. You actually make an excellent point about the first night out figure. But it would have been a completely new figure if they are really going for screen accuracy.. New gloves because it should have had its markings. It should not have been all black.
I think this figure is just HT's way of giving enough to the fans, to give them a chance to own the original costume and get a first night out version, acknowledging that there may not be enough demand to do an actual production run.

I feel you man... the only reason I was paying attention is I was pissed I didn't buy one at retail so I could sell it to some lunatic for $700 :lol :lol

:rotfl aye, and there is not shortage of lunatics in this world! :lol

I think this figure is just HT's way of giving enough to the fans, to give them a chance to own the original costume and get a first night out version, acknowledging that there may not be enough demand to do an actual production run.

yep that's exaclty what I thinking as well

One question: are these physically available for purchase at those toy fairs, or do people just pre-order them there? Likewise IF they are available through Sideshow, will I buy and a few days later actually have Bats in my grubby little hands? I'm just wondering if these are instant gratification purchases...

One question: are these physically available for purchase at those toy fairs, or do people just pre-order them there? Likewise IF they are available through Sideshow, will I buy and a few days later actually have Bats in my grubby little hands? I'm just wondering if these are instant gratification purchases...

My money's on this most likely being like the T1000 Sarah Connor was. Preorder at SDCC with a release in a month or two.

I can guarantee you there's more than enough demand for a full edition size

And if it was, you'd have better grounds for ranting. :nana:

i quoted that for more of the beginning of the sentence not the last bit about produciton size

Ah i see.

@ nam - yes I would, i'm not saying this should be a full release. Just saying it should have at least had the first night suit accurate - which is the key differentiator of this release.

Ah i see.

@ nam - yes I would, i'm not saying this should be a full release. Just saying it should have at least had the first night suit accurate - which is the key differentiator of this release.

I actually agree, but also completely understand why HT didn't. Especially with this being a convention exclusive. They don't want leftovers and leaving the Bat on the suit guarantees that won't happen. I actually am looking at this like a DX of the OC but without the lame PERS.

i may get this ....but if this not accurate for some then just dont buy it ..not one toy company is perfect not one .

I would happily trade my Michael Jackson Thriller for this one!!...hehehehe

Just file down the bat on one, and repaint. Bing, Bang, Boom, not Batman. Though to be completely honest, I would've paid extra for an extra Bat-less suit.

What about a non painted suit? so much detail.

That'd be damn hard to capture in rubber. Maybe plastic? I'd be all for that too if the joints were hidden well enough.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back