HT AvP:R 1/6 Wolf Predator Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well, thanks to this forum, I was able to score a Wolf Predator for a fair price. Thanks to everyone for that. He arrived yesterday, and I was able to spend the time necessary to put him all together. Just wanted to post my thoughts after the fact, as I am still really stoked to have this figure, and I'm loving him. This is only my second Hot Toys figure and after the ease of putting an Alien from Aliens together, I must say that I was not prepared for how difficult some of the assembly was. I think more detailed directions would be in order for this type of figure. Is that just wishful thinking? Anyway here are some of my random thoughts on assembly:

1. The netting was difficult, but not impossible. I would not have known what to do with that little bit of string if I had not been reading this message board. And I'm still not 100% I got it on right anyway. I tied it around Wolf's waist to attempt to hold the mesh down. Is that right?

2. The thigh gaurds took a long time for me to perfect and when I finally got the straps to the tension I thought they needed, there was all of this extra strap, so I cut them off just after the buckle. Is that right? I hope so as it is obviously irreversible. Oh well, they look better than if all that extra was hangin off.

3. The leg and arm sections are exceptionally difficult to push onto their respective joints. I even damaged one of the pegs on his left arm, but luckily realized my mistake and removed the arm and reassembled.

4. I have no idea where his staff weapon is supposed to attach on his backpack, so I just hooked it with one of the sharp parts. Doesn't really matter too much because I will most likely display him with staff in hand. (Right now he has his whip, but I'm going to change that soon, and attach the wrapped up whip to his side)

5. The springs, my God, the springs. At first I though I was missing one, but I actually found it on the floor today. They sort of made me mad because I am a perfectionist, and on more than one of them, the pressure I used to get them into their holes, sort of bent the springs a bit near the connections. I should be able to get over this though. Is there somewhere where I can obtain another set of springs, so they will be perfect?

6. Oh yeah, one more thing, my own fault. I forgot to put his necklace with skulls on before I put his head on. Well, I just popped the head back off, and thankfully it was easier than I thought it would be.

I'm sure there are a lot more things I could go on about, but I really did enjoy getting him and putting him together yesterday. I am happy to have in my my very small collection. He is a sweet a$$ predator, and this is coming from an ace Alien fan. So there you have if folks! This guy is awesome!

:rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl :rotfl

You have so much to learn.
1. There's a small circle thing on the back the spear snaps into. It's black.
2hdazdi.jpg

1958yc.jpg

2. The string is tied dwn to the front of the net, all the way between his legs to the back of the net.
2vcg55f.jpg

Okay, well I don't have the black snap part for the backpack. I will check the packaging again later to see if it is in there somewhere. Thanks for that.

:lol

holy hell i cannot get his "skirt" on....am i supposed to take his legs off to get it to go over his legs onto his waist???

EDIT: nevermind, i used the blow dryer to basically melt the skirt down and slowly worked it up, listening to popping of his legs expecting them to snap at any second, and forced it over his ghetto booty.

Last edited:
You're all photography fascists, I reckon its-

Half decent camera + Killer figure = fun!

Nuff said!

Back