HT AvP:R 1/6 Wolf Predator Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How do I go about contacting Hot Toys? I need another spear for Wolf and I really don't wanna have to pay 60 dollars to get another.

Contact details are on the web-site-
https://www.hottoys.com.hk/contact.php

And Maulfan,

14.jpg

GREAT SHOT, ol' Wolfie is in just the right position, bracing for impact!

I think that image clearly shows movie magic at it's best. There is NO way those blades would ever retract into the gauntlet the size it is, but as an audience you find them so cool you don't care. I think Hot Toys does a great job of coming close while being able to actually retract them a fair ammount to. Hot Toys sacrifices at both modes of the blades; not long enough when out, and not back in far enough when retracted, the limits of a toy.

This is one of the reasons I liked how avp:r was in the dark.
I think that alien looks way too "guy in a suitish" .
I really don't like what they did with em this time around.
normaladibook14wo3.jpg

Yep, that Alien in the screen shot looks like total bs. Must be why the film was so dark, I agree. It's a shame they ruined the Alien design that much, but I am sure it is because they focused on created perfect suits for the Predator and Predalien, both of which look ten times better in screen shots than any of the Aliens running around as cannon fodder. Oh well.

:monkey2

This is one of the reasons I liked how avp:r was in the dark.
I think that alien looks way too "guy in a suitish" .
I really don't like what they did with em this time around.
[IMG

Yep, that Alien in the screen shot looks like total bs. Must be why the film was so dark, I agree. It's a shame they ruined the Alien design that much, but I am sure it is because they focused on created perfect suits for the Predator and Predalien, both of which look ten times better in screen shots than any of the Aliens running around as cannon fodder. Oh well.

:monkey2

The thing is, I'm sure the suit design and style was based on how the film would be produced and vice versa. The Strause brothers wanted to shoot the movie like ALIENS, dark, only catching highlights on the xenomorphs which is also why they went back the domeless look, so ADI knew going in they didn't have to put much work into the look because it wasn't needed, much like Cameron and Winston used the spandex suits with bits and pieces of Alien anatomy on them for Aliens because of how Camerson was going to shoot it. Even the PredAlien, if you see Tom Woodruff in the costume, it looks like a bulkier creature than the products and maquette because of his size, but knowing the limits of budget and all, the directors compensated and shot the PredAlien to hide that and it worked. These movies have nothing for a budget so a balance between effects and cinematography have to happen to save.

These are very valid points and I appreciate your comments. However from a collecting point of view, seeing images like this of my beloved Alien creature cause me to not wish to include the Hot Toys version of this particular film Alien in my collection. I am receiving the Predator Wolf today and am very excited to get my hands on that toy because on screen during the film, in screen captures, and the toy itself are all beautiful and make me appreciate the Predator species in a way I never have before. I am after all primarily an Alien fan, and I think it says a lot that I have opted to pick up the Predator from this particular film and not the Alien. I would never have thought this would happen.

:D

Patiently waiting for FedEx...

:pow

Well that's the beauty of products, they take liberties around the fact these are people in suits and make proportions more true to if there wasn't someone inside. I find the NECA and HT warrior figures much cooler than the costumed actors, even the PredAlien looks better in products than the film. With HT's Predators and Aliens, I've come to expect them to not match the film as well as some products and just weigh them as figures and they've all turned out to be some great looking figures.

Patiently waiting for FedEx.

Okay, not so patiently waiting for FedEx. I cannot wait to get my hands on the Wolf today. Really excited about this figure.

One question guys: Are the directions detailed on this one? I only have one other HT, and that was and Alien with just a few picture directions. Although he was very easy to figure out, I am guessing this Predator will be a bit more confusing after all I have read on this board about knee guards and fastening the mesh, and all...

:monkey5

I think that image clearly shows movie magic at it's best. There is NO way those blades would ever retract into the gauntlet the size it is, but as an audience you find them so cool you don't care. I think Hot Toys does a great job of coming close while being able to actually retract them a fair ammount to. Hot Toys sacrifices at both modes of the blades; not long enough when out, and not back in far enough when retracted, the limits of a toy.

Which explains why these seem to come out of nowhere in the first AVP...

alienvspredator07.jpg

Back