HT AvP:R 1/6 Wolf Predator Image Thread

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I agree. Hence why I said I can't speak for him. However, this is probably as good as it is going to get. I can't see anyone who is a fan of the movie and toys turning this figure down. I may not be saying it with the right words but I don't get it.

My mind is working like this at the moment.

Alien/Pred series Dios or HT Preds

Ill gladly sacrifice this for a Diorama of him in the near future which im certain will be released. Like i said before, i know where to limit myself with this stuff.

My mind is working like this at the moment.

Alien/Pred series Dios or HT Preds

Ill gladly sacrifice this for a Diorama of him in the near future which im certain will be released. Like i said before, i know where to limit myself with this stuff.

Dude you don't have to expain yourself to me. Nor should you feel that way. I don't want that at all.

Nah its cool bro, your trying to comprehend what im thinking and my stance on this figure and im just explaining it to you thats all :D

Actually I think the best mentality as a collector is to be open-minded to a franchise/collectible line/license/etc. and not follow it like some "drone"... thinking that it can "do no wrong".

Take some of the Star Wars fans for example who think the Prequels were the best thing since sliced bread...THEY SUCKED or how every single SW figure Sideshow puts out is the absolute cream-of-the-crop.

But most of the Alien/Predator fans here when it comes to the movies and collectibles are open enough to criticize points that are certainly valid and questionable and overall I think (at least here), we have a much more mature fanbase.

I'm a Hot Toys fan, but I'm not afraid to criticize them...before becoming that I was (and still am) a G.I. Joe fan and I was questioning Hasbro's direction with the line.

But overall we criticize because we care...we care enough to help guide these companies, these films, and all their creators to something that we think would overall perhaps be for the best.

Exactly, to me right now i only bought P2 BD & Wolf was because i was following the HT Predator line..i love the character also but i dont think i need 2x of the 1 figure. Money dont grow on trees lol

Sorry but i think Wolf is absolute garbage..

HOT TOYS ARE THAT TIGHT that they cant give netting that goes in between his legs like a leotard? no they give a piece of **** netting suit that will ride up his body
with no support whatsoever to stay intact on the whole top half of his body

HT have lost me, wont even be getting P1, the dioramas are enough for me and thank god for that.

Yeah. Not only that they didn't make it long enough so that it can hide underneath the groin cloth area. You can probably prevent it from riding up his body by using strings and anchoring it to his groin. But Hot Toys should have been smart enough to give us a "leotard" instead of this.

Jamal don't give up on the P1 yet, at least the P1 has netting on his legs and Hot Toys won't be able to cheap out :lol

Exactly, to me right now i only bought P2 BD & Wolf was because i was following the HT Predator line..i love the character also but i dont think i need 2x of the 1 figure. Money dont grow on trees lol

Come on Jamal! You don't have the P2 Elder? It's the best of the line so far!

I'm glad I bought the P2 BD and P2 elder, and I'll almost certainly get the P1 if and when it comes out, but I've decided not to get any merchandize from AVP, and these photos don't make me regret that decision. They don't look terrible or anything, but I have better ways that I could spend that kind of money.

I'm glad I bought the P2 BD and P2 elder, and I'll almost certainly get the P1 if and when it comes out, but I've decided not to get any merchandize from AVP, and these photos don't make me regret that decision. They don't look terrible or anything, but I have better ways that I could spend that kind of money.

How true! Each of us has our own ways to collect as well as what we collect. I personally Love the HT preds...some more than others. And I don't mess with the BD versions or the Alien side of it as they all look pretty much the same. But that's how I do it and it makes me happy. I suppose that is the key...being happy with your collecting. Now bring on the Wolf and the SS exclusive P1 Dio!!!!

I came in late and just finished reading the whole thread from the beginning. I'm relieved to see that a lot of the initial worries were unfounded, yet some issues still remain. The disappointment some people have expressed was painful to read, especially when it's clear they've been looking forward to this figure so much. I gotta admit I sort of expected something like this to happen, but I still feel sorry for anyone whose expectations were dashed.

I'm not exactly thrilled by some of the cutbacks or whatever, especially the net suit "vest"... pretty lame design there, but I'm not going to cancel my order. Like the other HT Preds, this will no doubt look much better in hand, so I'm not too worried about it. The net suit issue bugs me a little, but it doesn't look like it will be too hard to come up with a better solution for it, same with the plastic loin cloth thing.

Now the PredAlien is not nearly as nice as I had expected, mainly due to the bland, toylike paint apps. I'm still on the fence about what to do about it. Repainting it would take care of the strange coloring, the problem is whether or not paint will adhere to it properly, without damaging the material the body is made of.

I'd like to hear Les's comments on repainting the PredAlien, but I'm not sure if he's even ordered one. Guess I'll just wait and see how the figure looks in person before I decide to keep and repaint, or sell the sucka.

But overall we criticize because we care...we care enough to help guide these companies, these films, and all their creators to something that we think would overall perhaps be for the best.

Wholeheartedly agree.

Absolutely true. The degree of disappointment some people express is also a clear indicator of how passionate they are about the things they collect. I completely understand where they're coming from.

After really looking over all these pix, I can honestly say I dont regret canceling this line. Usually I cancel something then in hand pictures come and I kick myself for not having gotten something.

I am not to really to impressed with any of the AVPR line.

I was initially only interested in the new Predator, but the PredAlien looked like an interesting design, so I talked myself into buying one from ABC...

After looking at the pics posted here and on Figures.com, I'm not at all thrilled with the final paint apps. Even the figure itself has lost some of its initial attraction, but since it's already paid for, I guess I'll just wait and see what it looks like up close. If I decide not to keep it I suppose someone would take it off my hands.

im not dissaponted with the predalien at all.. granted the paint is off but the pics off figures.com were taken with a full on flash.. just this pic has a little shadow and i think it looks pretty great. pluss ill be displaying them in darker lighting.

DSC_0228_resize_exposure.jpg

now wolfs headsculpt paint is great! only thing im not hapy with is tthe paint on the torso.too yellow..the rest is pretty much spot on. i got two of these coming and this is one fig that really needs les paintups.. have to start saving for that.:monkey1. and again it wont look half as bad displayed with less lighting.

DSC_0272_resize_exposure.jpg

im not dissaponted with the predalien at all.. granted the paint is off but the pics off figures.com were taken with a full on flash.. just this pic has a little shadow and i think it looks pretty great. pluss ill be displaying them in darker lighting.

DSC_0228_resize_exposure.jpg

It does look much better in this pic. The arms and legs should be hard plastic, like with the Alien warriors, so no problem repainting there. I'm assuming the torso is of the same rubbery material used on the aliens, but if the colors are close enough then maybe it'll only need some light repainting just to correct and blend the colors accordingly. Wonder if he comes with the bendy set of hands?

I have the Elder, thats the only one im considering keeping

Whoa! I'm getting the whole line! :D

Sure the paint is a bit off, but that can be fixed. The sculpt of these figures are great. Kinda reminds me of the AVP Elder situation, but look how great Les made it look.

Back