HT 14" Predator full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I just got my SS exclusive Pred today - and my god, it's astounding. Even the box is a work of art. The moulded plastic "cloaking effect" shell is a great touch.

I love the fact he's pre-assembled, I hate putting them together sometimes as they're fragile critters and I'm afraid of breaking something.

got my EX from ups today and just now opened him.......the lights on the helmet dont work though :( Did the batteries both ways and plugged that one thing as far as i could.

I got mine a couple of weeks ago, but I never put his mask on....How they heck do you do that? I plugged it in but I can't get the thing to stay on his face!!!! :confused::eek:

I got mine a couple of weeks ago, but I never put his mask on....How they heck do you do that? I plugged it in but I can't get the thing to stay on his face!!!! :confused::eek:

Just give it a good shove! :lol

Basically there are ridges on the inside bottom of the mask that mate with his "cheeks" - i.e. the groove between upper and lower tusks. Just line them up and push!

Just give it a good shove! :lol

Basically there are ridges on the inside bottom of the mask that mate with his "cheeks" - i.e. the groove between upper and lower tusks. Just line them up and push!

Thanks...I'll keep trying! :lol

I only recently discovered that it needs the mandibles on its face in order for the mask to fit. I was taking them off and couldn't understand why the mask wouldn't go on. Even so, the mask is a poor fit on this figure and the light feature makes it go on unevenly, fitting closer to the face on one side than the other.

Okay, everybody take notes cause I'm only going to say this 100 more times, and then I give up. Blowdryer.

The mask will become flexible with heat and you can open up the jaw line for a perfect fit. Heat it and push it on. Leave it alone until it cools and the mask will remain in that form.

Okay, everybody take notes cause I'm only going to say this 100 more times, and then I give up. Blowdryer.

The mask will become flexible with heat and you can open up the jaw line for a perfect fit. Heat it and push it on. Leave it alone until it cools and the mask will remain in that form.

So you put it on when it's still hot (without modification) or after you opened the jawline?

I think SS is saying that the heat will allow the mask to open up some at the jaw line,
and the way to get it to open up is by pushing it onto the P1 face while it is still hot.
It doesn't take a lot of heat to make the plastic flexible and that is why you should only use a blowdryer.
SS, is this correct?

Oh, my bad...Sorry, I didn't look back for instructions on how to use various electrical devices to correct what the manufacturer should have taken care of before it left the factory.

Blowdryer.....what kind of crap is that? Jesus! WTF!? That's absurd.

Oh, my bad...Sorry, I didn't look back for instructions on how to use various electrical devices to correct what the manufacturer should have taken care of before it left the factory.

I dunno about you but I'm glad its something that is 1) easily available 2) simple to do.

Its not like having to repaint a head or resculpt a part :D

I dunno about you but I'm glad its something that is 1) easily available 2) simple to do.

Its not like having to repaint a head or resculpt a part :D

The Billy head debacle was something they had to do though. The helmet not fitting...How can you make a product like that and sell if for a fairly obscene amount of money for what it is. It feels like such a cheap toy for that much cash!

So you put it on when it's still hot (without modification) or after you opened the jawline?

I think SS is saying that the heat will allow the mask to open up some at the jaw line,
and the way to get it to open up is by pushing it onto the P1 face while it is still hot.
It doesn't take a lot of heat to make the plastic flexible and that is why you should only use a blowdryer.
SS, is this correct?

:lecture Give that man a cigar. He's right, it doesn't take much to make the plastic soft, only about 10-20 seconds on the highest setting. Don't use a heat gun, you will burn the paint right off and melt the plastic. With a hairdryer, you can heat it up as many times as you want/need. You'll never hurt it.

Most people around here know that blowdryers work wonders on plastic and polystone pieces.

Back