HT 14" Predator full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Pretty much. HT makes some of the best looking figures out there, but scale hasn't been one of their strong points.

Which brings us back to square one: all HT figures are screwed up when it comes to scale! :rotfl

This is true but it could be worse, you could have a figure that is labelled a 12" figure and only come out 10-11" instead. Their scale may not be correct to the actor but the height is always for the most part consistent throughout their production.

Received Predator and Dutch today !!!!:chew:chew:chew:chew

The predator is simply awesome!! Love the detailed paint,gear,skuls and the base but fit the batteries was a real pain in the ass..Man,it took me about half an hour :monkey4

I.have finished to arrange the dreads properly with a rubberband and a hairdryer...Now the head looks like the promo pics!!

BEST PREDATOR TO DATE!!

Tomorrow I will open Dutch box :naughty

I've looked over the movie, specifically the scene where the Predator is holding Dutch to eye level with himself. Dutch's feet look to be a foot plus a half to 2 foot off the ground, so if the Dutch figure is 12" then the predator needs to be at least 13 1/2" to 14" to be accurate.

I've looked over the movie, specifically the scene where the Predator is holding Dutch to eye level with himself. Dutch's feet look to be a foot plus a half to 2 foot off the ground, so if the Dutch figure is 12" then the predator needs to be at least 13 1/2" to 14" to be accurate.

:confused:

Every other Predator figure to date has been 14". And that's not accurate in 1/6 scale.

12" x 6 = 72" or 6'
14" x 6 = 84" or 7'

Kevin Peter Hall who played P1, P2 and the P2 Elder was 7'2" without the suit. I've already posted pics showing how much height the Pred head KPH wore adds. Then factor in whatever padded feet/shoes dude wore and he would easily be, at the very least 7'6". Just being moderate. At that height in proper 1/6 scale, the P1, P2 and P2 Elder would all have to be 15" tall.

15" x 6 = 90" or 7' 6"

With that height, if you took a 12" figure and put them eye level with the 15" tall Predator it would mirror that scene in the film. Right now, if you did that, the 12" figures feet would come up between the Pred's Knee and Ankle. As opposed to the scene in Predator where Dutch's feet are almost at the Predator's knees when he's being held up at eye level with P1.

So the scale of HT Preds have been off from the jump, but HT at least maintained that height with every Predator figure they released: 14". Until now. Which is the problem: if the Predator figures are already short making them even shorter is just :duh

Now you might be thinking "1 inch isn't that big of a deal". Well.. I'll tell you this, in any fight it's the guy whose willing to die whose gonna win that inch. And I know, if I'm gonna have any life anymore it's because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch, because that's what living is..

Oh wait...

:rotfl:lol:lol:lol:rotfl:duh

:confused:

Every other Predator figure to date has been 14". And that's not accurate in 1/6 scale.

12" x 6 = 72" or 6'
14" x 6 = 84" or 7'

Kevin Peter Hall who played P1, P2 and the P2 Elder was 7'2" without the suit. I've already posted pics showing how much height the Pred head KPH wore adds. Then factor in whatever padded feet/shoes dude wore and he would easily be, at the very least 7'6". Just being moderate. At that height in proper 1/6 scale, the P1, P2 and P2 Elder would all have to be 15" tall.

15" x 6 = 90" or 7' 6"

With that height, if you took a 12" figure and put them eye level with the 15" tall Predator it would mirror that scene in the film. Right now, if you did that, the 12" figures feet would come up between the Pred's Knee and Ankle. As opposed to the scene in Predator where Dutch's feet are almost at the Predator's knees when he's being held up at eye level with P1.

So the scale of HT Preds have been off from the jump, but HT at least maintained that height with every Predator figure they released: 14". Until now. Which is the problem: if the Predator figures are already short making them even shorter is just :duh

Now you might be thinking "1 inch isn't that big of a deal". Well.. I'll tell you this, in any fight it's the guy whose willing to die whose gonna win that inch. And I know, if I'm gonna have any life anymore it's because I'm still willing to fight and die for that inch, because that's what living is..

Oh wait...

:rotfl:lol:lol:lol:rotfl:duh
True.
I even started the thread about this when first photo's of the whole team in one line became available.
But that time it was like "AWESOME-AWESOME!!!! HT DONE A GREAT JOB!!! IT'S PROPER HEIGHT!!!!!" & etc.
Only few peoples was interested in a real masterpiece & the ultimate Predator 1.
And look how it turns.
I'm still waiting him in-hand to look what it's still possible to do with that midget.

you guys are ridiculous. hot toys gives you the best predator ever and you get this hung up and upset because hes not as tall as you want him to be? Hes taller than the arnold figure and its an awesome figure, dont nitpick so much.

I like him, and I will get him.

Once freakin BBTS has him in stock. Which is gonna be forever.

you guys are ridiculous. hot toys gives you the best predator ever and you get this hung up and upset because hes not as tall as you want him to be? Hes taller than the arnold figure and its an awesome figure, dont nitpick so much.

I think i understand how some fellow forumers feel. I personally feel that movie related scaled replicas not only need to be eye pleasing, but it needs to be movie accurate in all aspects. If not, there wouldn't be a need to name this figures as 1/6 scale collectabiles. Just my thought.

I agree here. I have 3 of the AvP preds, P2, and P1 pre-ordered, and it is nice to see some variation in height. I have mostly military figures, and many of the figure bodies vary in height, which adds some nice variation to one's display. I mean, I can understand some nitpicking for $150 figures (i.e., doesn't look like the character, wrong weapons, etc), but this figure really has turned out fantastic. I'm guessing once you have it in-hand, you won't be so disappointed w/ a minor height discrepancy...especially when everything else looks great.

The problem is guys this is the Predator - the one everyone has ultimately been wanting - and this is the one they make shorter than all the others? Its not a disaster but its a tad annoying. To hell with height variation. Its not accurate in this case - he should have been P2 height. Taller if anything.

Are you sure this isn't a Medicom Predator? ;):rolleyes::D

Anyway I don't care if it is shorter. I can't wait to get him and really happy is pre-assembled. Seeing pics of this awesome figure makes me even more eager to get it.:banana

do all predators have to be the same height or something? i dont understand the scale problem?

There's a general feeling that all Predators should tower over humans, not be the same height, and the majority of Predator figures so far have had good height over humans, could probably be even more, but are looked at as the minimum height for a Predator figure, and the P1 doesn't even hit that minimum so it bothers many folks.

Well, you know... it's like Medicom's Vader, he is taller than Medi-Luke, but doesn't tower over him, so people are (rightly) upset and scream bloody murder.
Now HT's P1 predator is taller than HT's Dutch, but doesn't tower over him, so people are (rightly) upset and scream bloody murder.

I have Medi-Vader and Luke (plus a few stormies and Boba Fett), and while I think Medi-Vader is a beautiful figure, I still find it sad that it isn't as awesome as could be.
I have HT P1 pred and Dutch (and I own a lot of other HT figures), and while they look very nice in pics, I still find it sad that the pred isn't as awesome as it could be.

do all predators have to be the same height or something? i dont understand the scale problem?

The scale problem is actually quite simple: ALL the other Predator figures from HT have been the same exact size: 14". It's that simple. P1 is not 14" tall. That's where the scale problem comes in.

And if you wanna get into real life numbers, as I've shown already, that 14" isn't accurate either. But at least it's been consistent with the previous Predator figures from HT. Until now.

I love how people accept obvious errors from Hot Toys just because the product box says "Hot Toys". Classic.

Back