HT 14" Predator full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Originally Posted by 8th wonder View Post
To be honest, the P1 looks better than the elder on that pic.

The P2 Elder has a magical appeal to alot of people here:lol I really didn't see it while I owned it:eek: I think P1 looks better than P2 Elder in every way.

Ok. Seems like I'm outnumbered. You win :)
I shall slowly retreat back to my shell and I will never bring this up again...

Personally, with all of the improvements on this figure, I can look past something being a little shorter than the other figures. It doesn't bother me at all.

If it's as big of an issue to be beaten to death, and not accepted - cancel your stinkin' order and let someone else who IS completely happy with it get yours instead. I don't get complaining about something to no ^^^^ing end, obviously not being satisfied, and STILL buying it, 'just cause'.

Hot Toys are not perfect, and neither is anything else.

Just because nothing isn't perfect doesn't mean that criticism shouldn't be allowed. Maybe I should stop complaining about the traffic and the weather because nothing is perfect.

I have no problem with members who think that the Predator's height and Dutch's neck look fine. I can totally respect their opinion. I do, however, have a problem with people who think they can tell us to shut up. We are simply voicing our opinions. When was that not allowed on a discussion board?

If this Predator had been made by Medicom it would have been bashed endlessly because of its height (Medicom's Geiger Alien comes to mind). But because it is made by Hot Toys it is now ok because it still looks awesome and people who think otherwise are "nitpicking". :rolleyes:

Hey if you don't like our comments then just ignore it and enjoy your figure. How are our criticisms preventing you from enjoying your figure?

And no. I am not canceling my stinkin order. I'm keeping it and I'll continue to criticize anything I don't like and compliment what I do like about it as well.

p.s. I have no problem with the Predator's height but I hate Dutch's neck. That's all I have to say.

Last edited:
As you wish...

Predator_vertailu2.jpg

Yes I've seen the pics and noticed it looks better with the closed mandibles, but I still think the elder is far far better. In my opinion HT didn't give the sculpt all they could have...

I agree 100%, this sculpt is great don't get me wrong. But Hot Toys could have definately improved the head to make it look better. The elder is still number 1 in my book.

One thing hurting the P1 vs Elder is that the P1 is sculpted to work with the bio, especially the mandibles, where the Elder has the freedom to just be sculpted to look good.

One thing hurting the P1 vs Elder is that the P1 is sculpted to work with the bio, especially the mandibles, where the Elder has the freedom to just be sculpted to look good.

Yeah I gotta agree. I know I'm just dreaming but it would've been nice if he came with two heads. One for the mask to fit over and another for permanent mask off display :D kinda like BR Joker.

Yeah I gotta agree. I know I'm just dreaming but it would've been nice if he came with two heads. One for the mask to fit over and another for permanent mask off display :D kinda like BR Joker.

Which would in turn also equal another dream, ball jointed neck. I believe, like all Predators, this is a sculpted neck.

Ball jointed with a really soft goods neck armor would have added some cool head articulation. Sure it'd probably more than KPH had in the real costume, but it'd make the figure that much more fun.

But this doesen't effect how the open mandibles look. Does it?
And to circle around this fact maybe there could even be two headsculpts, like the BR Joker...

The head is where I kinda feel cheated here. It kinda feels like there might be a second release coming. Maybe a BD version with a far superior headsculpt and I would just like to buy this guy only once... if you know what I mean.
- -
EDIT: Sorry I'm a bit slow today.

But this doesen't effect how the open mandibles look. Does it?

To some extent it will. There's a shape to the mouth area as well as the mandibles to support the bio fitting on and looking proper, once that's done, the open mandibles would be sculpted to look right given the shape of the face as it is.

As for a BD/DX of this Predator, if they do a BD, historically, it's always the same exact figure with just a feature or two new, like adding roaring mandibles, but the base portrait's always been the same.

Typical fanboy response when they can't think of anything to refute you with. :)

And what would you like me to say exactly? That a damn near perfect figure should be flushed down the toilet because of its inconsistent height? Get a life. Fanboy? 40% of my entire collection is Sideshow thank you very much.

As for a BD/DX of this Predator, if they do a BD, historically, it's always the same exact figure with just a feature or two new, like adding roaring mandibles, but the base portrait's always been the same.

Yes, but they gave us the BD trademark open mandibles and medikit with this release already. So there isn't much more to give.
Hence it got me thinking of a new sculpt...

And what would you like me to say exactly? That a damn near perfect figure should be flushed down the toilet because of its inconsistent height? Get a life. Fanboy? 40% of my entire collection is Sideshow thank you very much.

Who ever said anything about the figure being ruined?? I still like my Dutch figure even though I'm bothered by the neck. The Arnold sculpt is great as is the outfit. But merely pointing out that I don't like the neck leads to responses such as "nitpicking" or "don't like it don't buy it."

Same thing goes for the P1. Yes, people are saying that he is too short but plenty of positives have also been brought up. But fanboys only want to hear the positives and feel like they have to defend every criticism.

Just because nothing isn't perfect doesn't mean that criticism shouldn't be allowed. Maybe I should stop complaining about the traffic and the weather because nothing is perfect.

I have no problem with members who think that the Predator's height and Dutch's neck look fine. I can totally respect their opinion. I do, however, have a problem with people who think they can tell us to shut up. We are simply voicing our opinions. When was that not allowed on a discussion board?

If this Predator had been made by Medicom it would have been bashed endlessly because of its height (Medicom's Geiger Alien comes to mind). But because it is made by Hot Toys it is now ok because it still looks awesome and people who think otherwise are "nitpicking". :rolleyes:

Hey if you don't like our comments then just ignore it and enjoy your figure. How are our criticisms preventing you from enjoying your figure?

And no. I am not canceling my stinkin order. I'm keeping it and I'll continue to criticize anything I don't like and compliment what I do like about it as well.

p.s. I have no problem with the Predator's height but I hate Dutch's neck. That's all I have to say.

I concur. Its as though some of the guys here are thinking that if Hot toys reads the negative posts they'll stop making the things or that all these negative posts necessarily reflect the number of people who aren't going to buy the figure thus reducing the odds of Hot toys making more figures that way. Because y'know, anyone who has a complaint is a 'hater'. They obviously think the entire figure is crap. :rolleyes:

In my opinion the negatives need to be talked about enough to garner attention - that hopefully the complaints will get back to Hot Toys and they'll address the issues on future releases. If only 2 people had passingly mentioned 'oh predators a bit short but anyway :banana :banana AWESOME AWESOME AWESOME' then Hot toys would happily make the same mistakes again and again and again.

Don't want to talk about these figures in any kind of detail? Don't come to a discussion forum.

Predator_vertailu.jpg

This probably has been discussed, but judging by these pictures I'm kinda starting to smell a second release...
The maquette is in different scale, but in my opinion the HT P1 headsculpt should have been better. The P2 Elder still has the best predator headsculpt HT has pulled off.
The P1 head just looks too toyish to me. I'm certain it looks better in hand, but I'm still kinda disappointed. However I will be getting this ASAP.
. . .
Dunno whose pics I used (the middle one is mine), but no harm intended.
That's by far the least flattering picture of the P1 Predator's face that's been taken. If you actually compare the two figures in equal lighting conditions, I think it's clear that it's elder predator who looks toyish.
20090527033659658.jpg.jpg

IMO, not even the original elder prototype looks as good as the actual P1 figure.

Back