HT 14" Predator full spec and hi-res pics

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
This is no different from SSC's quite devious debacle with dubiously deceptive photos of Stormie luke (like my word play:monkey3)...it simply, along with Dutch, should have been taller. Doesn't stop me from buying it, but it does disappoint.

Unless everyone displays all of their Predators standing perfectly straight up like they all have a stick up the butt, I doubt it'll be THAT obvious.

Unless everyone displays all of their Predators standing perfectly straight up like they all have a stick up the butt, I doubt it'll be THAT obvious.

It won't I'm sure. What I object to though is the people who object to anyone having anything bad to say about a figure. Its a discussion forum. Its what this place is for. I'm sick of the tired cliche ''don't like it, don't buy it'' from people (not saying you're one...unless you are) who evidently would like a forum full of nothing but "AWESOME!"

I was kind of mad, the guy selling these said he "just Sold Out." I love it when these guys say this, he never had them in stock I guess, he said he was getting shipment in on Tuesday. I offered him $250 each for the Dutch, Billy, and Predator without any box and he said no, that they were prototypes. Oh well, I have to wait for my HK shipment and Sideshow. But in person, I'll say again, these figures are great!

Very good point Adam!! I'm currently posing (gettin' the sticks out my preds' a$$) my preds with some action poses & getting them out of the "stick" poses. After all, they are articulated for a reason right? Yes, I do agree that P1 should be the same size as the others if not a little bigger, but sometimes you gotta play the hand that you're dealt. BTW, P1 is a great looking piece & I'll be proud to have him in my collection no matter what size he is! :D

Personally, with all of the improvements on this figure, I can look past something being a little shorter than the other figures. It doesn't bother me at all.

If it's as big of an issue to be beaten to death, and not accepted - cancel your stinkin' order and let someone else who IS completely happy with it get yours instead. I don't get complaining about something to no ^^^^ing end, obviously not being satisfied, and STILL buying it, 'just cause'.

Hot Toys are not perfect, and neither is anything else.

I think i understand how some fellow forumers feel. I personally feel that movie related scaled replicas not only need to be eye pleasing, but it needs to be movie accurate in all aspects. If not, there wouldn't be a need to name this figures as 1/6 scale collectabiles. Just my thought.

Good point. The Predator is more like 1/7 scale.

Personally, with all of the improvements on this figure, I can look past something being a little shorter than the other figures. It doesn't bother me at all.

Hot Toys are not perfect, and neither is anything else.

yeah it doesn't really bother me either, tho i can understand why others may find it annoying.

this will be the only predator i have in 1/6 scale, and i'm not getting dutch anyway, so on his own the scale issue is non-existent for me.

hot toys is definitely not perfect. they goof up just like anyone else. it's just that they are the current standard-setters in the industry. and that's for a very real, solid reason.

Predator_vertailu.jpg

This probably has been discussed, but judging by these pictures I'm kinda starting to smell a second release...
The maquette is in different scale, but in my opinion the HT P1 headsculpt should have been better. The P2 Elder still has the best predator headsculpt HT has pulled off.
The P1 head just looks too toyish to me. I'm certain it looks better in hand, but I'm still kinda disappointed. However I will be getting this ASAP.
. . .
Dunno whose pics I used (the middle one is mine), but no harm intended.

Predator_vertailu.jpg

This probably has been discussed, but judging by these pictures I'm kinda starting to smell a second release...
The maquette is in different scale, but in my opinion the HT P1 headsculpt should have been better. The P2 Elder still has the best predator headsculpt HT has pulled off.
The P1 head just looks too toyish to me. I'm certain it looks better in hand, but I'm still kinda disappointed. However I will be getting this ASAP.
. . .
Dunno whose pics I used (the middle one is mine), but no harm intended.

The Hot Toys P1 head looks better with mandibles closed. Compare it like that and you will see it looks just as good as the elder.

20090519084716162.jpg.jpg

Last edited:
The Hot Toys P1 head looks better with mandibles closed. Compare it like that and you will see it looks just as good as the elder.

Agreed, It looks much better mandibles closed. The head looks a bit toyish, but thats cool, it is a collectible toy afterall. I am glad I got the exclusive, it wil be displayed with the clean mask on.

As you wish...

Predator_vertailu2.jpg

Yes I've seen the pics and noticed it looks better with the closed mandibles, but I still think the elder is far far better. In my opinion HT didn't give the sculpt all they could have...

The reason I pointed this out was because I was hoping to display him with open mandibles, but now I think I'm gonna go with the helmet on...
and if a superior head should surface in the future I will feel oblicated to buy it :(

I don't see how HT could have done this any better. The elder head has more texture and detail. But that's how he actual character was designed. The P1 looks simpler, because it is.

As you wish...

Predator_vertailu2.jpg

Yes I've seen the pics and noticed it looks better with the closed mandibles, but I still think the elder is far far better. In my opinion HT didn't give the sculpt all they could have...

The reason I pointed this out was because I was hoping to display him with open mandibles, but now I think I'm gonna go with the helmet on...
and if a superior head should surface in the future I will feel oblicated to buy it :(

To be honest, the P1 looks better than the elder on that pic.

Back