How To Remove Paint from Clothes

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cocoboloboy

Coco the Cantankerous
CF Supporter
Reaction score
A quick question to anybody who might know. There's a customer of mine who was doing some touch-up painting to his Nicholson Joker head and foolishly left it fully clothed. He ended up getting black paint on the velvet like trenchcoat and now he thinks it's ruined.

Is there anyway to remove the paint without damaging the coat?

Coco, what type of paint did your customer used? Thinner base, acrylic base, etc...

Best Regards,
Jon

I think it was acrylic but I just emailed him to find out for sure. With it being on that velvety material I wasn't sure what to tell him.

By the way Jon, I got the figures yesterday. They ROCK! I pulled on one of the arms to swap them out but they are on there pretty tight so I just wanted to make sure that they are in fact swappable before I really try to pull it off. They are, aren't they?

I would think acrylic would wash out with some water and a toothbrush. If it's any other kind of paint, i don't think it will be coming out.

How about a spot-check on a hidden area, to make sure it doesn't change the color of the fabric, but how about softening up the acrylic and working it off by using the chemical you find in those brush cleaners?

Only concern I would have if it is acrylic is whether or not that coat will hold up. Its an odd material.

Only concern I would have if it is acrylic is whether or not that coat will hold up. Its an odd material.

And there's the catch right there. He just said it's acrylic but he scrubbed on it instead of just dabbing it off. Apparently he's rubbed the texture right off the coat. I think it might be ruined.

Yep, can't repair something like that. Was it the overcoat or the suit jacket? If he has both at least he could cover the suit, or not use the overcoat.

Tell him to contact Chad @ SMGCustoms...not sure what his user name is but he can look him up on the Aayla SW thread. He builds custom sixth scale clothing. Maybe he can have a new one made.

Back