How prepared are you for the next pandemic?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
that was the most bonkers conspiracy theory to come out of the pandemic. well, the 5G towers spreading covid was another contender.
what about 5G towers sending brain mind alternating signal waves or trigger response from vaccines within?

I've long held that your flexibility to survive any major "catastrophe", barring pure raw luck, has an inverse relationship with the number of obligations the person has and the complexity behind them.

I'm mentioning this because you are discussing your work, and for some people, their only obligation in life is their work ( i.e. they don't have a marriage nor kids nor elderly parents to care for, etc, etc) I'm not saying that's going to exactly be you of course.

But if someone has a newborn, then you need baby formula. OK, what happens if it runs out. Because it has before in the past few years. What will a person do or say or violate or compromise to get some? The more you go out there, in that mindset and with that reality, the more risks you take. The more obligations you have, the more risk is implied. It's almost like, and I am not minimizing major tragedies in the world, but like a video game. On the first level, you get your fists or a crowbar or a hockey stick. Then you have to explore, fight, get your skills up, find more resources, find more assets, find more allies, and then you are more well built to survive the "universe" around you. However outside of a video game, each movement to achieve those things while under duress, starving, attrition, and threats around you, that's ripe with non stop lethality weighing over you.

There's the saying - "Better to bleed more in training than do that bleeding in war" I.E. get it done while times are more prosperous. But once you have obligations like kids or the like, you can't really prepare for someone like that. Now a life without obligation, I don't know if that's better either. It's having good people around us, if we are that fortunate in this life, that gives life some aspect of meaning. A good life is one that's shared. I've always held that. But I've also held that you have to be very careful in who is in that share circle with you.

I do believe though, that life is best lived by living "in the present" We have to consider the future. Especially those with kids. We have to reflect on the past, because it's how we learn and adapt. But all I get promised is today, right now, right at this moment. If things fell apart, I don't think I'd last too long. I have sort of a high conflict personality type. I'm comfortable with casual violence. I'm aligned to the mindset where "If it's going to happen eventually anyway, it might as well be right now, and I'll be the one to start it since that's actually an advantage"

But for the sake of my little nephew and as good will to the overall larger community here, I hope I'm wrong ( I think our society has about 10-15 years left of practical "function") and there are better times for everyone ahead. There are many really cool and good people in our hobby, many more than great people here on this site. Also many thoughtful and decent people out in the world. I try not to forget that. And I'm always grateful for that. But I'll always have it in the back of my mind on how the "masks" that people wear tend to fall off when they've starved long enough, gone too far without a hot shower or real shelter or any hope for some kind of help/rescue.

Two sayings my uncle used to say to me as a kid that have formed guide posts for me in this regard

1) "If they wouldn't give you the kitten, then you don't want to buy the cat."

2) "Not my circus. Not my monkeys."
the world has alot more than 10-15 years. we have tons of resources, food shouldnt have been an issue.

but the top dogs are making their greatest creation called money scarcer by the day and they dont intend most people to get past another few years. like they dont enjoy people living with joy, assuming they are actually people not some computer alien or reptilian.

the world has alot more than 10-15 years. we have tons of resources, food shouldnt have been an issue.

but the top dogs are making their greatest creation called money scarcer by the day and they dont intend most people to get past another few years. like they dont enjoy people living with joy, assuming they are actually people not some computer alien or reptilian.
We will definitely survive the next few decades UNLESS someone gets trigger happy with the nuclear button. I found this year scarier than other years for this very reason

My sister owns a ranch. When coronavirus hit she was all about Ivermectin. She sent me a bottle with syringes and needles to extract the liquid from the bottle. I put 1ml into a small drink of orange juice and drink it. 24 hour wait then another ml and nothing again for a month. I haven’t been sick in over 5 years now. No kidding. It’s available in stores that cater to farms and ranches. Ivermectin made for cows and pigs is the exact same formula as ivermectin for humans. Literally no difference at all. I could tell some stories about being directly exposed to the virus and haven’t ever gotten ill from it. My whole family’s been taking it ever since every month. It’s not conspiracy theory, it actually works. There’s my .02 cents worth. If anyone has questions I’m happy to answer. 👍🏼

The pandemic started early 2020 but you've been taking Ivermectin for over 5 years? That's some prescient sht.

I haven't had covid either. My secret: blind luck. I've been directly exposed to the virus and haven't ever gotten ill from it. It's not a conspiracy theory, it actually works.

The pandemic started early 2020 but you've been taking Ivermectin for over 5 years? That's some prescient sht.

I haven't had covid either. My secret: blind luck. I've been directly exposed to the virus and haven't ever gotten ill from it. It's not a conspiracy theory, it actually works.

Last edited:
The b.u.l.l.s.h.i.t started in March of 2019. That’s why it’s called COVID-19. Okay my bad, 4 years almost 5. In March it’ll be 5 years. 👍🏼
The virus was first noted in China around November/December 2019 IIRC (it may have emerged between August and September but was not reported on until nearly the end of the year) while the Western world started to really take note in Feb/March 2020. It is called Covid-19 since the virus was discovered in late 2019 but the global Pandemic situation was early 2020

The virus was first noted in China around November/December 2019 IIRC (it may have emerged between August and September but was not reported on until nearly the end of the year) while the Western world started to really take note in Feb/March 2020. It is called Covid-19 since the virus was discovered in late 2019 but the global Pandemic situation was early 2020
maybe he was in china but no way a white guy would be in china in 2019.

Not sure how you can prepare for a pandemic? Maybe loads of tined food, bottled water etc. Even during the height of Covid though you could still go to the shops for the basics, so maybe panic buying and hoarding is not necessary? Some people always over react though, thinking its the end time.
I doubt anyone will submit to the government like they did during the Covid Lock-down etc. Most people were pretty jaded by that experience. I still remember going out during that time and remembering how quiet and peaceful everything was. No human made sounds like cars or aeroplanes just bird song. I think the natural world was pretty happy about the pandemic.

My bank balance was happy. Working from home, saved £200+ a month in petrol, saved 10+ hours a week not having to travel so my car insurance also halved. I haven't been in the office in nearly 4 years, caught it twice and could hardly tell I had it (triple vaxxed and boosted). Personally speaking, Covid was one of the best things to happen. It's a damn shame others haven't been so lucky though.

Not sure how you can prepare for a pandemic?

I don't think you do actually.

What I mean is IMHO the goal should be more towards "self reliance" over the more controversial "prepper" methodology. Small steps add up over time. It's just like our hobby collections. We started somewhere, usually something small, and we built over time.

Energy - A full blown solar set up for those who own homes, I can see the hesitation there. It's quite a large investment for most people, and there are lots of shoddy contractors out there. Also it's very visible. However a smaller set up, like a portable power station with some fold out solar panels, well that's not going to power your hot water heater and fridge around the clock, however it will let you do things like power a lamp at night, recharge your small devices, and give you some kind of power option should there be some kind of short term or long term grid failure. The technology for smaller level solar has gotten much much better. It's less of an investment, smaller footprint, easier to keep discrete most of the time and will create more options for people. If you are in a bad spot, having the means to power a tool, or a lamp, or an MP3 player, or to just watch a movie on your laptop once in a while, that's helpful. Also it eases some of the stress/mental/psychological burden of a hard situation

Food - I think most people can grow something. A garden is ideal. But even someone in a tiny apartment might be able to grow something on their balcony or maybe they will have roof top access. If Matt Damon can grow potatoes on Mars, then most people can grow some smaller level food stuffs for themselves. Probably healthier and will cut into the overall food budget to give you some flexibility/breathing room elsewhere. At minimum, a small step is for most people to just start composting.

Health - There is so much free training information out there. I'm not saying all of it is good and safe, but a lot of it is very helpful. While I think owning some small home gym equipment is ideal if you have the space, you can do a lot of training with just body weight exercises, some open space and minimal gear. You can "prepare" better by being in great physical condition. If there is something out there new that ravages the nation, being in good health puts you in the best position to fight that off. If you can at all. Also you want to be in good shape to help your obligations like kids or elderly dependents. And to be in the best condition to fight if need be. In many cases, if things get bad, maybe you need to leave and leave quickly from your living situation. You want to be strong enough to carry some gear and walk out if you need to do it. Maybe even help another person in your family or group. Again, this is an area that is a small step daily type of thing

Water - A more advanced strategy would be a rain catchment/"grey water" system using elevated 55 gallon drums and refitting your rain gutters with a filter system. But there are many less expensive water filters out there, that are portable and reliable. Learning how to make an improvised water filter, or a solar still, etc, etc, is all small stuff one can learn in more prosperous times.

Baby steps. Instead of a traditional vacation, maybe go camping instead and learn more about how to start a fire without a traditional fire starting source/asset. Read a book or two on the subject. Watch some videos once a week. Start a journal on the topic. Listen to some podcasts. When going grocery shopping, buying an extra 2-3 cans a week until a larger reserve is created. Things like that if the resources allow it.

What's the saying - "Never let perfect be the enemy of good" I don't think it's a stretch to say hard times, much harsher conditions, look more likely than not in the near future. I don't see that as nihilism, conspiracy theories or fear mongering. The world around us looks more fractured today than it did five years ago, exponentially so. I think we can all make some gradual shifts to create opportunity. Not complete answers, but more aligned to opportunity and potential for ourselves and those we love. The majority of people in this hobby are male. I'm going to say something that's generally not politically correct. It's different for men. We are expected to protect and provide. We are expected to have answers when things are going bad. We don't get to say we don't know, that we can't, that there are no options. It's expected that we "deliver" for our loved ones. It's our natural imperative to bleed, sacrifice, fight, and even die for the people we love and have a duty towards. If it comes to that.

So I'd say asking for large scale changes very fast is just not practical. It's too much and too soon for adults stuck in real everyday grind and life. However progressive structured planned out changes can be a good thing.

I'll say what I said before - No one else is coming to save us. We have to be our own cavalry. We have to be the tide that comes in and lifts all boats around us when it comes to our family and loved ones. But we can try to do it now when the situation is a little more stable and little more generally prosperous.

Yep, only a handful of people had any idea about Covid before 2020. My first conversation with anyone about it was early February 2020, when case numbers in China started to be mentioned in the news and Australia got its first case.

I started a thread about it in February or so, but the mods shut it down. Pity. Could have been an interesting archive.

Well, his people are going to (if they haven’t already) start testing Neuralink on people. I guess the massive failure of the project when working with primates wasn’t good enough. But don’t worry, the…ahem…experts, say that it is perfectly safe.
https://www.reuters.com/technology/musks-neuralink-start-human-trials-brain-implant-2023-09-19/
Sounds just like the Covid vax!

Honestly as long as no one is mandated and coerced to take an experimental brain implant I won’t get too bothered about it.

It’s all about informed consent. Which is not what we had with the jabs.

Sounds just like the Covid vax!

Honestly as long as no one is mandated and coerced to take an experimental brain implant I won’t get too bothered about it.

It’s all about informed consent. Which is not what we had with the jabs.
think about it this way. right now you dont see a reason to get neurolink implants.

but what if it becomes common in near future, despite with hidden risks, anyone with the implants get x10 boost in memory and processing power, this makes those without the implants inferior, especially at school. Now as a parent what you gonna do with your now considered dumb kids? He cannot keep up with school because he is too slow and lacking memory. Folks would complete math test under 10 minutes doing what is now x10 more difficult questions, something your kid would require maybe 10 hours.

Now your kid cant get into college, too slow for flipping pizza because your everyday pizza flipper can make pizza x10 faster than your kid, cab drivers have better reflexes and can predict oncoming traffic while your kid cant making him not qualify to be a driver.

So what is the decision? Assuming you just a middle income person. Will you give your kid the implant or let him rot at the bottom of the society?

Same thing happened with mrna, most people would have rejected them if it werent for the pandemic, blown out dangers and mandates. They accepted it like it's taco friday. Mrna would not be approved maybe in another decade if it werent for the "emergency".

brain implants will be the norm. unless you can afford to live in self sufficient in the woods. By that time the woods probably private property.

Same thing happened with mrna, most people would have rejected them if it werent for the pandemic, blown out dangers and mandates. They accepted it like it's taco friday. Mrna would not be approved maybe in another decade if it werent for the "emergency".

brain implants will be the norm. unless you can afford to live in self sufficient in the woods. By that time the woods probably private property.

But it wasn’t the “same thing with MRNA”.

In the scenario you’re painting with brain implants it would take many years (probably decades) for them to reach such widespread use. Those many years would offer a ton of data that people could use to make an informed decision.

Assuming The brain implants offered more benefit than risk then yes, most people would probably opt in for them.

But in the case of the experimental jabs there was near zero data on their safety or efficacy. People were coerced into taking them lest they lose their job, or not be able to travel, or not be able to visit a family member in certain facilities.

Really shocking how it played out and how easily the powers that be were able to foist them on the public.

Back