How perfect do you need your Hot Toys to be?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How perfect do you need your Hot Toys to be?

• 100% Must be a perfect likeness all around.

Votes: 9 8.2%
  • 99%-90% I want it as near perfect as possible

Votes: 71 64.5%
  • 89%-75% I'd like it to resemble the actor/character

Votes: 27 24.5%
  • 74%-50% give me something close and I'm buying it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 49%-0% I don't care how accurate it is as long as its well made

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters
I'm not an accuracy nut. I want a nice head sculpt that looks like the actor and the clothes he wore in the movie. I'm not counting hairs or the length between the eyes or the jacket is a slightly lighter shade of brown than the real thing. You can't tell me that having a heated discussion, sometimes lasting several pages, over the color and length of a figures coat feels good. Its obsession and it isn't healthy.

:goodpost: :clap :goodpost:

Agree.. i mean.. given a choice if i want a 75% or a 90% then yes the latter please.

However, my standard is if it looks like the character from what i can tell... its fine. If not I wont buy.
I don't need to watch the movie another 5 times, and compare screen caps to the thing to make sure its exactly the same.

I'm happy we get such high quality collectables of characters i like. People that nitpick every little detail suck the fun outta the hobby. These are also the people that give collectors in this hobby a bad name, 40 Year Old Virgin and all.

But whos worse? The super nitpickers or their followers? Not naming people out, but when its Terminators or Batman or whatever.. everytime something is released... its always.. what does ___ have to say? what does _____ think of it. If he likes it then its good enough for me to safely say i like it too. Its so pathetic. Form your own opinions !!!

But whos worse? The super nitpickers or their followers? Not naming people out, but when its Terminators or Batman or whatever.. everytime something is released... its always.. what does ___ have to say? what does _____ think of it. If he likes it then its good enough for me to safely say i like it too. Its so pathetic. Form your own opinions !!!

Thats people who like eachother on the forum just joking about or simply being interested in what person X thinks of a figure. I don't know how many people actually let others decide on their behalf if a figure is worth buying.

Nothing is ever going to be 100% perfect and anyone expecting that (apparently most of HT's collectors here :lol) are just unreasonable fools. I want them as accurate as possible, but realize that they just won't always be.

Avengers Thor is only about 0 -49% accurate right now though :lol

:exactly::goodpost:

89%-75%

Case in point the new Wolverine, I dont care it's not bang on Jackman it's cool without the likeness

90% to 99% for me.

Case in point, The Amazing Spider Man has some things different that don't make it 100% but i judge it to be between 90-99% and i'm happy with that

90% accurate doesn't seem unreasonable given that the prices are now $199 - $249 for a 1:6 MMS figure. The more that prices increase, the higher expectations should be. City Hunter is a fine example of a 49% accurate figure.

:goodpost: :clap :goodpost:

Agree.. i mean.. given a choice if i want a 75% or a 90% then yes the latter please.

However, my standard is if it looks like the character from what i can tell... its fine. If not I wont buy.
I don't need to watch the movie another 5 times, and compare screen caps to the thing to make sure its exactly the same.

I'm happy we get such high quality collectables of characters i like. People that nitpick every little detail suck the fun outta the hobby. These are also the people that give collectors in this hobby a bad name, 40 Year Old Virgin and all.

:exactly: :goodpost: :exactly: :clap :bow

Haha, I love the 40 yr old virgin reference. Let's be honest - there has to be a balance. If I wanted screen accuracy alone, I'd have gone with the PF hulk vs the 1:6. That said there is the giant 8 old inside of me that likes the thought of putting his arms in the air and making him smash wolverine. I can't do that with a sculpture.
As prices increase though, I think everyone can agree, expectations change. Once you hit the same cost parameters of a high end sculpture, you should be getting similar detail... With joints!
This, like the 40 yr old virgin, isn't a hobby that is going to get my wife hot. Thank god she loves me inspite of myself!

Back