How perfect do you need your Hot Toys to be?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How perfect do you need your Hot Toys to be?

• 100% Must be a perfect likeness all around.

Votes: 9 8.2%
  • 99%-90% I want it as near perfect as possible

Votes: 71 64.5%
  • 89%-75% I'd like it to resemble the actor/character

Votes: 27 24.5%
  • 74%-50% give me something close and I'm buying it

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 49%-0% I don't care how accurate it is as long as its well made

Votes: 3 2.7%

• Total voters
I agree nothing is 100%. I am a stickler for a good head sculpt and less so with outfit, armor etc.

IMO the head sculpt ties the character back to the actor on screen. Friends and family can tell Jack Sparrow simply based on the outfit from afar. The money shot is upon closer inspection and they comment it looks Johnny Depp as Jack Sparrow. That is what separates these from say Neca, Hasbro etc. Without a good sculpt it can ruin the figure. That said, my favorite character is Wolverine and I love my Origins figure and it has a passing resemblance of Jackman.

In addition, I understand going from 1:1 scale to 1:6 scale some artistic liberties may be required to the attire so I am not as picky on tiny details.

For the $200+ I want these to be 90-99%. I like the pieces that look like miniaturized versions of the characters as opposed to looking like hyper detailed action figures.

If Sony can sell you a Playstation 3 for $300 bucks that is the pinnacle of gaming, wireless, Blu Ray, can surf the net, store photo's and music.

A $300 figure better be spot on!!!

Why should we expect anything less than perfection.if customizers can give us a perfect likeness[imaresqd1 adam gu]and perfect tayloring[kato]why should we get anything less from hot toys?

Why should we expect anything less than perfection.if customizers can give us a perfect likeness[imaresqd1 adam gu]and perfect tayloring[kato]why should we get anything less from hot toys?
hot toys are way cheaper and usually just as good.

I don't have hard on for sculpt likeness like most on here. Just a gook looking sculpt with nice clean paint aps. The but the outfit and accessories need to be pretty damn close.

As long as the costume is good and the figure has good QC I don't really bother about how close it resembles the actor.

I'm not an accuracy nut. I want a nice head sculpt that looks like the actor and the clothes he wore in the movie. I'm not counting hairs or the length between the eyes or the jacket is a slightly lighter shade of brown than the real thing. You can't tell me that having a heated discussion, sometimes lasting several pages, over the color and length of a figures coat feels good. Its obsession and it isn't healthy.

Sent from my LG-E739 using Tapatalk 2

I want the figure to look like the actor/character. Simple. HT have shown they can do it and I expect it for the price they expect us to pay.

I'm not an accuracy nut. I want a nice head sculpt that looks like the actor and the clothes he wore in the movie. I'm not counting hairs or the length between the eyes or the jacket is a slightly lighter shade of brown than the real thing. You can't tell me that having a heated discussion, sometimes lasting several pages, over the color and length of a figures coat feels good. Its obsession and it isn't healthy.

:exactly:
None of my friends are going to come over and look at the Joker 2.0 and say anything about the socks or ask is that correct color on the jacket.

I want the figure to look like the actor/character. Simple. HT have shown they can do it and I expect it for the price they expect us to pay.

I feel the same way. I think they do a pretty good job 90% of the time but sometimes they swing and miss.
If it IMO does not look like what I would like then I pass on it. They lose a sale, i save money and i do not lose any sleep over it.

:exactly:

For me, it's about an 85% for the outfit, 90% for the headsculpt. I know a lot of characters' outfits very well, but even then I won't nitpick when it comes to exact hexidecimal shades or hues, or whether there's one too many buttons on a jacket. If Tyler Durden's glasses are a centimeter too big, or Deniro's head sits a little too low on his shoulders, that's okay as long as it's not too obvious and doesn't disrupt the overall feel of the figure itself. I won't care to make such a small connection to the character's appearance in the movie/etc when I'm looking at it in a display, anyways.

If you're going to ask me, i want a Perfect product :D But of course there is no such thing as 100% accurate, maybe my vote will land on 90% accurate :) as long it resembles the character

It varies a great deal for me, largely depending on how I feel about the movie and/or character. HT Indy was the biggest disappointment ever for me because it's all about Harrison Ford's attitude, and the headsculpt did not convey this well.

HT Wolvie Origins figure is also an inaccurate depiction of the actor, but the headsculpt really captures the character of Wolverine, so I can forgive the inaccuracy.

So for comic book characters I guess I'm less worried about it, as long as the figure is true to the character.

HT Wolvie Origins figure is also an inaccurate depiction of the actor, but the headsculpt really captures the character of Wolverine, so I can forgive the inaccuracy.

Yeah that's a good example of when I can let it fly. It's Wolverine so I'm going to buy it anyway plus he looks like that in the comics. But for something like Indy or Arnie they have to be spot on for me.

I just cancelled my T2 because while the costume is 100% brilliant the head sculpt is about a 75% Arnie. Not good enough considering they have made him before and better. PLUS it's a DX. DX should be almost flawless IMO.

Back