Do you prefer the 1 or 2 Piece Styled Gauntlet Gloves for your Figures?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

echo1126

Super Freak
Reaction score
I am curious to see where everyone stands on this issue. We all strive for 1/6 perfection when it comes to our figures. And understandability so, the cost of these figures continue to rise. One detail that bothers me is the 2 piece gauntlet gloves. I prefer the one piece molded plastic gloved hands. It seems with some of HT most recent releases and announcements that they are choosing to go with the 2 piece gloves. (Luke Snowspeeder & Death Star Gunner come to mind.) Is it more cost effective? probably so. But does it look better? Sideshow has also gone back and forth on this issue. We have figures like TIE Pilot, Scout Trooper, and Snowtrooper Commander that are 1 piece, but figures like Luke X-Wing and the 2nd release of Darth Maul that are 2 piece.
If you are going for complete accuracy shouldn?t it be a 1 piece glove?
Would collectors prefer fewer hand options, but more accurate gloves? I, for one would. Do we really need left and right closed hands for every figure?
Or do you prefer the 2 pieced gloved hands for the added wrist joint articulation?
And with increasing prices should HT give us the most accurate option, pleather-like gloves similar to those included with ESB Vader?

Hot Toys ESB Vader has single piece sculpted plastic gloves.

As for my preference: it depends. I prefer having full wrist articulation if possible, but it depends on how well they can hide the joint. If the joint is really painfully obvious or really detrimentally breaks the sculpt of the glove, then go for a solid sculpted glove.

I personally want the articulation. I do agree that closed fists are probably the most over produced hands that I hardly ever use. I definitely don't want less hands though, maybe they can include a few full sculpted hands in an iconic pose or something. As you say these things are expensive enough, I'd much rather get more.

Hot Toys ESB Vader has single piece sculpted plastic gloves.

As for my preference: it depends. I prefer having full wrist articulation if possible, but it depends on how well they can hide the joint. If the joint is really painfully obvious or really detrimentally breaks the sculpt of the glove, then go for a solid sculpted glove.

I totally agree. Hiding the joint is the key.

I would prefer one piece in most cases. The biggest issue with the two part gloves is they use different material and the paint doesn't always match (thinking of the Gunner there). Maul they did well though.

Sideshow has done an okay job matching the paint on the two part gloves like with the Hoth figures and both pilot Luke figures.

I prefer whatever looks better to be honest, I'm willing to sacrifice some articulation for aesthetics

Back