How old are you?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Your age?

• 1-15

Votes: 1 0.4%
  • 16-20

Votes: 13 5.0%
  • 21-25

Votes: 29 11.2%
  • 26-30

Votes: 41 15.9%
  • 31-35

Votes: 42 16.3%
  • 36-40

Votes: 63 24.4%
  • 41-45

Votes: 32 12.4%
  • 46-50

Votes: 24 9.3%
  • 51-60

Votes: 11 4.3%
  • 60 or better :)

Votes: 2 0.8%

• Total voters
33 started with the 89 batmobile end of 2013 43 HT later downhill since. Wife supports the hobby just that the collection can't leave the man cave.

Last edited:
I often think that people misconstrue (like with many other things and terms these days) what it means to be "immature". Simply collecting collectibles, taking an interest in and enjoying the same things that you enjoyed during your youth, does not make one "immature". As if at a certain age, one is supposed to start from scratch and acquire an entirely new set of interests and likes and forget anything they ever liked in the past.

I've always maintained the conviction that while of course one should grow-up mentally; be responsible, be courteous and respectful to others, speak intelligently, possess integrity, etc., you should never let die (the inner child) what makes you, you. You shouldn't ever have to apologize for, require approval, or be patted on the hand so to speak and be told it's ok to like what you like (given that it is harmless and doesn't degrade nor harm others).

I often think that people misconstrue (like with many other things and terms these days) what it means to be "immature". Simply collecting collectibles, taking an interest in and enjoying the same things that you enjoyed during your youth, does not make one "immature". As if at a certain age, one is supposed to start from scratch and acquire an entirely new set of interests and likes and forget anything they ever liked in the past.

I've always maintained the conviction that while of course one should grow-up mentally; be responsible, be courteous and respectful to others, speak intelligently, possess integrity, etc., you should never let die (the inner child) what makes you, you. You shouldn't ever have to apologize for, require approval, or be patted on the hand so to speak and be told it's ok to like what you like (given that it is harmless and doesn't degrade nor harm others).

:goodpost::exactly: Very well said.

im 40 and i've always collected comics and the 3 3/4 star wars figures but started spending ridiculous amounts on 1/6 scale figures about 9 years ago.

:goodpost::exactly: Very well said.

:duff

When you have an interest in something, own it. Being apologetic, embarrassed or needing approval on what you like, regardless of what it is, only demonstrates that you aren't even comfortable with that particular interest. It's difficult to convince someone else to be comfortable with something that you aren't even comfortable with. Confidence is widely considered admirable. :)

When you have an interest in something, own it. Being apologetic, embarrassed or needing approval on what you like, regardless of what it is, only demonstrates that you aren't even comfortable with that particular interest. It's difficult to convince someone else to be comfortable with something that you aren't even comfortable with. Confidence is widely considered admirable. :)

Very well stated :exactly:

Your wisdom always impresses me, Silver Star. :duff

21 years young. Got into collecting hot toys March of 2014. :clap

Alright! Another youngster! :hi5:

I think it would be interesting to ask HOW MANY figures/statues everyone has - and do you have more or less than your age.

My figure count exceeds my age by two. That differential will do nothing except sharply increase in the coming months. :lol

I'm 31... My first HT figure was the Tech Noir Terminator in 2010, but I didn't start going nuts with them until early 2013.

For a comprehensive list of all I own, follow the link in my signature below.

Back