How much is too much for a single 1/6th figure?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

What is your limit for a mass produced 1/6th scale figure?

• Total voters
The only standard I can bring to bear on what I will spend is the figure's quality. $300 can be too much for a figure. $10,000 may be an appropriate price, supposing that the craftsmen do start using Corinthian leather and ivory. I am prepared to scoff at an overpriced mass produced figure that does not live up to its price, but I will look down my nose at paying $10,000 regardless of quality. My default is probably set closer to $1000. I know why those prices are what they are; I do not empathize (I don't even recognize it as particularly sane).

The only standard I can bring to bear on what I will spend is the figure's quality. I am prepared to scoff at an overpriced mass produced figure that does not live up to its price
You can go ahead and cancel that X-Wing Luke now.

For starters, I will be cancelling X-Wing Luke as soon as I have $100 in reward points to re-order with.

Until then, I'm keeping the order, just to let them know that the figure is one of the best 1:6 dolls ever solicited.

My new top is 250 I'm not comfortable thinking in spending 300+ in 1/6 when you can add 50 or 60 and have a PF

Depends how rare it is.Character and sculpt.For big companies figures 200$, for custom 400$, but I have bought also more expensive.But normal price will be 100$ for set.

I have no real issue with spending a lot on a high end figure. Most of the HT stuff holds its value or more often then not goes up in value on the after market. So its not like money down the drain.

It really depends on the figure and how cool the dio is it comes with.

$300 for a basic figure is too much.
$400 for a deluxe set with cool dio is the limit there for me as well.

At that price point, I just don't care about 1/6 anymore, not worth it to me.

I agree that for a brand new line, $300 is pushing it. However for a rare, hard to find in new condition 1:6 figure, yea I will give money for that.

The question shouldn't be how much are you willing to pay but rather where will It all stop?. Hot toys prices in particular have skyrocketed In the last few years. I know theres inflation, licensing and production costs but I've reached my limit with $300 on how much Im willing to pay. Prices after that just get ridiculous and if it continues we'll be looking at $400 to 500 for a figure in the next 5 years. That's when it gets scary for most folks.

I think ht may be going for too much with too many licenses and jacking up the prices as a result. It may mean people just get sick of their pricing structure and they lose a lot of customers or just eventually go broke. For me I'm now looking at other companies who offer similar quality but for a much lower price like art figures or dam toys. The days of impulse buying are definitely over.
HT pricing skyrocket is the reason I have dropped out of buying HT 1/6 scale figure Day-1. $250 is the max price I'm willing to drop on an standard 12-in figure. I did pay $450 to buy the HT 1/4 Batman figure, but I am okay to spend that much for a quality 1/4 scale.

Depends on the figure. The hulkbuster is is over my normal figure allowance bit it is something I really want :). Exclusive figures would go over $ 300 and if you don't pre order iconic figures they will go about $300 easy one ebay etc so you have to be quick

Tbh, at the price of PFs, I would go to an art gallery ..and buy art.. original, seated Doom PF (Exclusive version) excepted. :)

Totally serious. I know some collectors love their doll babies, but PF's are far superior in presence and appearance.
Apart from the subpar paint apps, lack of detail in the texture, lower general quality of materials, frequent gaps in areas where ill-fitting pieces are assembled and various other QC issues, I'm with you 100%.

Apart from the subpar paint apps, lack of detail in the texture, lower general quality of materials, frequent gaps in areas where ill-fitting pieces are assembled and various other QC issues, I'm with you 100%.

Perhaps they can be in theory. In reality, not always so.

:goodpost:

Everyone who's seen my collection generally thinks the 1:6 displays are "awesome", while my 1:4 scale pieces are generally met with skepticism and the phrase used for them most often is "too much". :lol

Back