How much have you spent?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
OK, open for business. Although I still have a few freshly baked infractions left over, and if anybody else wants one, just derail the thread with five pages of personal attacks and I'll send one your way with a nice cinnamon & sugar crumble topping and a caramel mocha to wash it down. Cheers!

:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl:rotfl

OK, open for business. Although I still have a few freshly baked infractions left over, and if anybody else wants one, just derail the thread with five pages of personal attacks and I'll send one your way with a nice cinnamon & sugar crumble topping and a caramel mocha to wash it down. Cheers!

Hey, he has taste :huh :lol

WOW

Thanks for the links! Will be crying in a corner now :lol

You are welcome. Don't cry :). I'm about 7 months away from paying off my last credit card bill. Then I'll reduce the collection while upgrading parts of it.

warspawn that is an insane collection bro....congrats...love the pulse rifles and the Dutch knife....did you put your statues in fish tanks?

Thank you! The display tanks are from McFarlane, so only figures will fit in them.

Since we are trying to sell our home the collection is packed up, so many items were not photographed (i.e. Recent Hot Toys releases like Terminator, Predators etc.).

Guess I missed all of the real fun :lol

I don't know what I spent, but it would be intersting to go back and at least do a guesstimate on everything. But factoring in condition and fairly recent average values; my total collection comes in at just under 43K.

And yes, I added the approximate value of my collection into my home owners insurance (which includes other stuff like my car, electronics, furniture, etc.). So basically if I loose everything I'll get reimbursed and can rebuild. But to be honest if I lost my entire collection I'd probably just pick up a few pieces that I really wanted to have instead of going crazy trying to rebuy what was lost.

Which company offers insurance on collectibles?

I think the most common thing to do is either have renters or home owners insurance that will cover the value of all of your posessions (including a collection). I keep a spreadsheet and updated photos of my collection just in case, but my understanding is that if I were to suffer a loss then I would just get a lump sum for the home and a 2nd lump sum for the value of my possessions.

No offense to anyone but if your collection is worth in the thousands, you definitely need to have it insured, regardless if you think they are "just toys" or you are "financially sound." I mean, people have motorcycles, cars, homes, jewelry, art work, priceless stamps, coins, etc. insured, why not your collectibles. It's no different, regardless how much you internally trivialize them as "just toys".

If you don't think your collectibles are important enough to insure, because they are "just toys," then why have any possession insured?

I have to agree with you... at the very least the money I get back on my collection will help with future bills and expenses from rebuilding.

I don't know exactly how much I've spent and I'm too afraid to find out. Let's just say it's enough that even most of you guys would say I'm crazy. :monkey1

My balls are bigger, I just haven't shown them..... AmKo who? :monkey1

and....

InBeforeTheLock.gif

Lol!
No one wants to see them!
:monkey4

I have 64 statues/figures not sure of cost but just my 4 cinemaquettes is around 10000. I would say atleast 25000

Haha everyone are crazy.... Spend lots money at this economic ..... I spend around $25k , it's crazy for 18 months....

I appreciate this thread ...because I can show it to my wife and say, "look how normal I am! Now stop complaining about the odd statue and figure on the shelf"

:D :D

Back