How much have you spent?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You guys are nuts.

tumblr_lb7pfkxkQQ1qz9bfvo1_500.gif

Since Jan of this year. Close to 20k. My wife is not happy about this and she told me to keep this hobby to 1/10 of my monthly interest from the trust, which is around 1.5k. (Lucky in HK, dividends and investments are tax free.)

I feel like the poor kid on the block around here.
I occasionally add up the approximate amount that I've spent so far. The last time I did so, I think it was a little over 6k. That's over a period of a few years.

... however, I now have over 3k on PO right now :slap

screw insurance. if my house burns down i can tell you that my toys will the last thing on my mind for years.

Oh ok good thinking. So you just want to wallow in sorrow and be completely ____ out of luck rather then handed a check for 20G or whatever your collection is worth to start rebuilding your home and collection? Sorry really dumb thinking imo.

Obviously you need to rebuild, put your life back togeather, but rather then just know I'm f'd and out all that money and one of a kind pieces that can't be replaced from 5 years of collecting, it sure is going to ease my suffering to be handed a fat check.

Not to mention if your robbed, a pipe bursts and floods a room etc.

not enough ...

but i did pay close $900 for my PF LEATHERFACE and I bought 2 of him, luckly the 2nd one i got for $400.

But in all regarding sideshow collectibles I wold say around $3000 give or take ...

Oh ok good thinking. So you just want to wallow in sorrow and be completely ____ out of luck rather then handed a check for 20G or whatever your collection is worth to start rebuilding your home and collection? Sorry really dumb thinking imo.

Obviously you need to rebuild, put your life back togeather, but rather then just know I'm f'd and out all that money and one of a kind pieces that can't be replaced from 5 years of collecting, it sure is going to ease my suffering to be handed a fat check.

Not to mention if your robbed, a pipe bursts and floods a room etc.
sorry. my life doesn't revolve around toys. i got much more important things going on in my life. i'll just write it off as a loss. i'm financial sound. if someone handed me $20k for toys i'd feel so guilty i'd probably dump into charity anyway. but you have fun with your toys. whatever makes you get out of bed in the morning.

oh and don't ever call me dumb again.

I'd say around 10k since 2008. Would probably be quite a bit more but I make it a point to never use plastic to fund purchases. If I can't pay for it with cash, I don't get it.

I've just started collecting AF/PF/Busts etc and I've spent about $1.100 but since the new batman and joker are going to be available for preorder soon I'll say $1.600 at least .

Man I'd hate to think, 1000's. I could probably have a real nice car with what I've spent. Ha, It's bad enough when you just add up all your Pre-Orders. Worth every penny though :D

Back