How many NRD's have you lost?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Potentially one....but if you have something on PO on flexpay with a NRD at Sideshow, would they be willing to shift over what I have paid so far over to a different in-stock product (the item I have on PO has been delayed for a few months)?

So far none. Since the NRD policy went into effect I'm careful about what I order from Sideshow. Anything I might be on the fence about I wait for release or order through BBTS.

I've lost a couple. But in those instances, it was either give up $20, or be stuck paying $200+ for something you didn't want and then possibly losing more on a future sale. Sometimes you just have to cut your potential losses. But since then, it makes you way more disciplined on what you really want to order.

To date no nrd's lost but I am careful about what I pre order. With the bloated es sizes from sideshow not hard to wait to order

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

In 5 years I lost U$$ 1000.....this amount should be used as credit at the sideshow.....

None. I had one mixup, caused by their system, so they refunded. Don't even know if that counts as the "one freebie", but I don't buy in a whim, and haven't cancelled anything yet..

It is not insanity but a policy that penalizes the customer. Like i said before, the NRD from canceled orders should be used as credit at the sideshow.

I've probably had about a dozen or so NRD's lost.... Mostly in the last couple years... That's the problem with pre-ordering a statue and it taking 12-18 months to come out, your direction on your collection might change and as someone pointed out, it's sometimes better to eat the NRD then lose even more money trying to sell it on Ebay (not to mention the risk of it breaking when you ship it).... Years ago this was not a problem as you would usually make money selling on ebay, but those days are long gone, now I lose about 20%-30% on most SS statues on Ebay...

It is not insanity but a policy that penalizes the customer. Like i said before, the NRD from canceled orders should be used as credit at the sideshow.

While that would of course be very handy, Non-Refundable-Deposits are self explanatory. We know and should accept what we're getting into when we pay them. I'm sure Sideshow has its reasons for operating this policy. Me, I shop in stores that do not have an NRD policy and I'm sure Sideshow anticipates this and finds it to be worth having nevertheless.

I've lost one for $30, hopefully my last. Rarely have to pre-order anymore. I think you have better odds waiting to get it cheaper as opposed to paying extra if it sells out.

Sent from my SM-G920V using Tapatalk

:banana I have never 'lost' an NRD. I have saved a fortune by not paying remaining balances + shipping. :banana

Luckily none for me, but I try to be really strict with what I order/pre-order. I remember the ol days when you could pre-order a figure that cost upward in the rage of $250 without requiring a deposit now anything that is over $150 requires a 10% deposit. I get the marketing strategy behind it in trying to reel more customers to be dedicated/locked into a sale but I just dislike that I always have to "deposit" money to order a figure. Not a big grip but just one that I've grown accustomed to with the changing styles of the website.

I've probably had about a dozen or so NRD's lost.... Mostly in the last couple years... That's the problem with pre-ordering a statue and it taking 12-18 months to come out, your direction on your collection might change and as someone pointed out, it's sometimes better to eat the NRD then lose even more money trying to sell it on Ebay (not to mention the risk of it breaking when you ship it).... Years ago this was not a problem as you would usually make money selling on ebay, but those days are long gone, now I lose about 20%-30% on most SS statues on Ebay...

You're one bad collector...LOL

O nrd's lost. Of course with the ridiculous edition sizes never a hurry to order these days

Sent from my SM-G935V using Tapatalk

Pisses me off that I never got refunded because I didn't realise there were any 'freebies'. I saw the words 'non refundable' and I believed them, go figure :lol

Back