How Many Iron Man 3 Armors Will Hot Toys Produce?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I know but it's funny that they release it so late. Keep in mind that they haven't even shown a prototype yet and god knows when they will. After that give them a good 7 months to actually release it. We'll be seeing this middle of next year or later considering that they're releasing IM3 mark suits as well.

FeMan;5417074]From Facebook:

Questions and Answers with Howard Chan

1. How many Ironmans will be in Ironman 3
H: All Iron Man from the movie re being developed, but only 15 will be released at the moment.

2. Iron Whiplash maybe?
H: Planning to release Iron Whiplash, still in development.

I would bet the 15 he is speaking of HT making includes MMS and PPS. But of course I am sure there will be some overlap.

And I LOVE that they are still planning on making Iron Whiplash. Its a very cool design. Better than Monger IMO.

Last edited:
I would bet the 15 he is speaking of HT making includes MMS and PPS. But of course I am sure there will be some overlap.

And I LOVE that they are still planning on making Iron Whiplash. Its a very cool design. Better than Monger IMO.

Don't forget the diecast lineup. Iron Whiplash is supposed to be apart of that.

I know but it's funny that they release it so late. Keep in mind that they haven't even shown a prototype yet and god knows when they will. After that give them a good 7 months to actually release it. We'll be seeing this middle of next year or later considering that they're releasing IM3 mark suits as well.

:slap

They have to actually gets the designs and replicate and make them, that takes time. Iron Man 3 already has 6 products and it isn't even out yet. Look how long it took them to put up Barney Ross, the DVD had already released months before. Be thankful it's got this much already before getting impatient for more.

You've just had today confirmation that 15 figures are coming. That's 13 more than most licenses get with zero news letting fans know. :lecture

:slap

They have to actually gets the designs and replicate and make them, that takes time. Iron Man 3 already has 6 products and it isn't even out yet. Look how long it took them to put up Barney Ross, the DVD had already released months before. Be thankful it's got this much already before getting impatient for more.

You've just had today confirmation that 15 figures are coming. That's 13 more than most licenses get with zero news letting fans know. :lecture
That's what I said..

All I said was that these figures take time but I'm surprised they're releasing the Iron Whiplash when they have so much in stored with IM3.

I know they release after the movie comes out. Im just surprised they actually have Iron Whiplash in stored for us. Thought they would skip it with the amount of stuff they're trying to release this year and next.

Considering Iron Whiplash was mentioned to be made as an MMS, I'm sure thats what they were referring to.

In their initial diecast announcement they make mention of Whiplash Mk II. I took that as confirmation he'd appear in that lineup. :dunno
Hot Toys is going to present a series of 1/6th scale Diecast Collectibles ranging from Iron Man 1, 2 & 3 to The Avengers to fans worldwide! Fans, are you expecting a Diecast Iron Man Mark III, Super Drone (Whiplash Mark II) or any others?

A series of Diecast collectibles is coming soon! Stay tuned!

64225_10151220203917344_488528223_n.jpg
https://sideshowcollectors.com/forums/showthread.php?p=5267561#post5267561

Soooo they're planning on making the Iron Whiplash as a diecast figure? What will that cost, $600? Really hope they don't overdo it with their diecast line as far as the pricing goes. Considering they're remaking the figures they already did in plastic into metal, they should know pricing for these figures is a big thing when it comes to deciding if the consumers will buy it or not.

Diecast means that figure will be made of metal but it will be like mms series or it will more like power pose series?? I think that it will be more like a statue.

1. How many Ironmans will be in Ironman 3
H: All Iron Man from the movie re being developed, but only 15 will be released at the moment.

What does the random "re" mean I wonder? I assume re-designed but does that apply to only IM3 Marks being re-designed or previous films as well (i.e Predator line)?

What does the random "re" mean I wonder? I assume re-designed but does that apply to only IM3 Marks being re-designed or previous films as well (i.e Predator line)?
It's simply missing the a. As in it should have been are, not re.

Soooo they're planning on making the Iron Whiplash as a diecast figure? What will that cost, $600? Really hope they don't overdo it with their diecast line as far as the pricing goes. Considering they're remaking the figures they already did in plastic into metal, they should know pricing for these figures is a big thing when it comes to deciding if the consumers will buy it or not.

Judging by what other die cast Iron Men have cost, from other companies, I'm gonna say $600 is a pretty good guess.

Diecast means that figure will be made of metal but it will be like mms series or it will more like power pose series?? I think that it will be more like a statue.

I think it will be it's own line, like the power pose series.

Armoured whiplash is almost more exciting then the IM3 suits :p

Yup I agree. I've been eagerly awaiting his announcement since the movie. I can't wait.

so....does anyone think Hot Toys will actually produce an ACTUAL MMS Mark 47? Not the "mech suit Tony" or whatever they've shown, not the "action pose" Mk 47, not a dicast but just like a normal HT 12" mark 47 figure? Or is that too much to ask for?

Pretty much a given that they will seeing as it's the main focused suit of the movie. As well as War Machine and Iron Patriot. It all depends on what other suit they make into the MMS line aside from those three.

Pretty much a given that they will seeing as it's the main focused suit of the movie. As well as War Machine and Iron Patriot. It all depends on what other suit they make into the MMS line aside from those three.

Yeah I don't see them making any other in to the MMS line considering that they now have this Power Pose series . And the sort of hinted at that with the preorder of the Busts for Iron Man 3 showing the 3 main Armors.

My thing is and I was thinking about it earlier when is this all supposed to come out and correct me if I am wrong they have about 15 products that they have show proto types but have not released the list includes the figures shown at the last years Toy conventions, Robo Cop, Golden Age Captain America and the Chitauri Warrior, in addition to what was shown in the sneak peak showing their work in progress Bat Armory, Jor El, Man Of Steel Superman and so on. That not including the licenses the have acquired but have not shown anything yet Lone Ranger.

If they follow last years model they will show you the product line up when the movie hits theaters to capitalize on the buzz created by the movie and then you can expect maybe one product from each line up this year with bulk to follow next year similar to the what we saw from the Avengers and the Dark Knight last year

Back