1/6 How long should we expect the Joe line to last

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

GodParticle

Super Freak
Reaction score
Just curious what people think. Not sure how long they have the license or if sales are even good

I'll be suprised is we get more than a couple figures after Baroness/CC/SS/"Destro".

By 2015 I think Sideshow will be done with Joe.

They'll have the license until they run it into the ground with WTF renditions of characters (Destro) and people stop buying. I think KD's right. They'll probably stretch out the releases to one a year by 2015 and then blame us for not liking their POS takes on characters and failing QC to justify letting it go... which will take half a decade for them to admit. :lol

I've been pretty happy with their versions of chars for the most part. I will admit that some of their design decisions are pretty odd. I haven't had any QC issues, fortunately. I just hope they give us a BAT before all is said and done :p

Hopefully we get Snowjob,Mutt/Junkyard,Shipwreck and Gung-ho before this line goes away....along with Snow Serpent,B.A.T,Tomax/Xamot,and Dreadnocks...

I just wish they would release a figure per quarter.It took a whole year just to get Major Bludd

They'll have the license until they run it into the ground with WTF renditions of characters (Destro) and people stop buying. I think KD's right. They'll probably stretch out the releases to one a year by 2015 and then blame us for not liking their POS takes on characters and failing QC to justify letting it go... which will take half a decade for them to admit. :lol

:exactly: :monkey2:monkey2:monkey2

Tomax/Xamot
Yes, please. These are the remaining Joe characters I want the most. But then, knowing SSC, we would probably get something like this:

1gKt2q0.jpg

this:

QgtInnr.jpg

or this:

5bqVIHY.gif

The traditional designs just won't do when we need "modern and realistic" upgrades.

:exactly:It died already though for me with the showcase of destro, I'm out of the line now, which is a shame cause I always seen this line as something I should be collecting being gijoe was a huge part of my childhood and the gijoe hall of fame line was the one that got me collecting over two decades ago:gah:

Tomax/Xamot are the perfect SDCC exclusive...get on it Sideshow!

If you are nostalgic about the Hall of Fame, then I would think Destro would appeal to you. I'm guessing SSC was partly inspired by this:

2aI1Zn8.jpg

yep! I collected the HOF figures when I was 18....so the Sideshow Destro reminds me of this very piece (which I liked then) which is why I really like Sideshow's rendition of Destro

Hopefully we get Snowjob,Mutt/Junkyard,Shipwreck and Gung-ho before this line goes away....along with Snow Serpent,B.A.T,Tomax/Xamot,and Dreadnocks...

I just wish they would release a figure per quarter.It took a whole year just to get Major Bludd

Start making customs cause those are not getting made. :lol

Lots of hate here.

i'd say that On the whole the joe line is selling pretty well. I don't think it's going anywhere any time soon.

Lots of hate here.

i'd say that On the whole the joe line is selling pretty well. I don't think it's going anywhere any time soon.

yep! somehow the 10 folks here think just because they don't like Sideshow's Joe renditions, means the line is over...Sideshow has not made a bad figure in this line.They are different "interpretations" and I have accepted that or otherwise I wouldn't be buying.

While Destro doesn't have an exact 80's classic look,he is still a good looking figure and I wish Sideshow would put up his pre-order already and then announce Snow Job next.

I just spoke to the people at Sideshow. They told me that the line will not die for many years as they are teaming with Hot Toys to make future figures that will be GI Joe, but will have aspects of Marvel characters added to them.

The next figure to be revealed will be a new version of the Cobra leader named Cobra Commandarin.

:dunno

Great, I just HAD to mention no QC issues and I open my Bludd to see the stitching on the end of his sleeve is messed up. FML

Back