How it's made: 1/6 Death Star hallway

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I would be totally down to buy a LED lit back plate and flooring plate for my detolf shelves. That would be awesome!

I just don't have the display space for this, but I do have 4 detolfs which is all the space I can fill, and having these as inserts to help make the detolf more of a Star Wars display case would be amazing.

Who can help me out, I've had two guys ditch on the responsibility that left me with a fully packed up diorama. One ready to ship, and another ready to ship in a few weeks. Anyone interested? The first reply gets his fully painted diorama shipped tomorrow. The second to reply gets his shipped in a few weeks.
83e3510443e3d2e4d2ab97aa30638ff5.jpg

I spent 8 hours on Friday helping my friend put his together. Two grown men, with plenty of "building" experience across many mediums, and it still took us 8 hours! We kept watching Jazz's video, every step (and jumping ahead a step before placing any glue) and were being super-fussy about making sure it was all 100% before moving forward.

We even had our cliched mishap... I almost died! We were testing the lights and I (accidentally) grabbed a live wire and was thrown backwards... Not fun - but after the initial shock (and pain) we couldn't help but laugh.

What an experience!

Anyway - these things are beautiful! Bravo Jazz! I wish I had the space, because I would love to own one of these babies.

We did a time-lapse video and his son did some "behind-the-scenes" filming which should be a laugh (I don't think the "shock" moment was captured, but maybe the aftermath). I'm not sure when he'll edit them and have them ready to go, but I'll put a link in here when he does.

If anyone is even slightly contemplating one of these, I can tell you firsthand, you won't regret it!

I spent 8 hours on Friday helping my friend put his together. Two grown men, with plenty of "building" experience across many mediums, and it still took us 8 hours! We kept watching Jazz's video, every step (and jumping ahead a step before placing any glue) and were being super-fussy about making sure it was all 100% before moving forward.

We even had our cliched mishap... I almost died! We were testing the lights and I (accidentally) grabbed a live wire and was thrown backwards... Not fun - but after the initial shock (and pain) we couldn't help but laugh.

What an experience!

Anyway - these things are beautiful! Bravo Jazz! I wish I had the space, because I would love to own one of these babies.

He did a time-lapse video and his son did some "behind-the-scenes" filming which should be a laugh (I don't think the "shock" moment was captured, but maybe the aftermath). I'm not sure when he'll edit them and have them ready to go, but I'll put a link in here when he does.

If anyone is even slightly contemplating one of these, I can tell you firsthand, you won't regret it!

Wow! Thank you for those kind words and endorsement. I cannot wait to see the time lapse video! What a cool idea! I am sure the extra kits I have will sell then!

Jazz, what's your average build time on this? Can't wait to see the time lapse and sorry Jazz that two guys backed out.

Jazz, what's your average build time on this? Can't wait to see the time lapse and sorry Jazz that two guys backed out.

Force friday sucks.... that's all I'll say. My average build time would be 2-3 hours

Sorry to hear that Jazz. I wish I could afford one and help you out.

I'm sure it will sell. Trying hard to clear some time so I can do my inventory and start the build. I'm sure once we have more pics up, it'll force folks off the fence! Plus RO is right around the corner!

I wish i had the funds to get one off your hands. Too rich for my blood and shipping + fees to Europe must add quite a bit to the final price.

That's not very cool, at all. :thwak

Did everyone buy the painted version?

Tee-Kay, you do realize that depending on where in france you live you could probably take a day-trip to pick it up?

Thanks for the support guys. I now have two slots left in the final batch that was supposed to be sold out. So far, everyone, except one person bought the painted kit. I live in the Netherlands, and ship these things all over the world, but yes, if you're from the north of France, you can pick it up in a day

Gotta say i never expected you to be located in Europe. kept visiting this thread to be awed by pics and assumed you were based in the US. I can't say i'm not tempted by your work of art. Still, i'm afraid i can't free that much cash on such short notice.

Gotta say i never expected you to be located in Europe. kept visiting this thread to be awed by pics and assumed you were based in the US. I can't say i'm not tempted by your work of art. Still, i'm afraid i can't free that much cash on such short notice.

Well you would have until November for payment for one of the two final slots in my final batch

Down to the final set if nobody drops out anymore. Almost done with these! On to the next project(s)!

Hi Jazz. Just been reading from the first page to the last. Wow!! what an incredible display. Your work is amazing. I see from your last post that you have 1 kit left. i would love to purchase this kit, fully painted too if its still available. I live in the U.K to for shipping. Best regards Neil.

Back