How it's made: 1/6 Death Star hallway

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You can hijack my threads anytime for this type of high-quality off the charts stuff, Craig.

I agree with Mandible that your diorama kicks my dioramas ass. [emoji16]

Like I said in your thread a minute ago, If you want, there could be a great future in customizing for you with the talent you showed here.

Thanks so much. They are 2 different creatures. Yours is flawless in execution for what it is. Masterpiece. And *reproducible*.

I'd
hanging-smiley-emoticon.gif
to think about tackling mine again. Not happening.

Thanks so much. They are 2 different creatures. Yours is flawless in execution for what it is. Masterpiece. And *reproducible*.

I'd
hanging-smiley-emoticon.gif
to think about tackling mine again. Not happening.

*HAHAHA* I know the feeling. That's why it took so long for me to accept the many offers to make more of them!!!!

Fantastic Spud.

Ok, put me over the edge, ordered the Shapeways buckets :) :)

Thanks everyone. And yeah the Shapeways buckets are incredible.

As far as man hours, I'd say had I been able to do it all in one sitting, probably 4-5 hours but due to other things and wanting everything to dry completely, mine spanned over a few days. Plus I didn't want to rush it and screw up.

Amazing, speechless and that doesn't often happen to me......... It's better than a god damn production piece..!!!

If I owned Sideshow or Hot Toys I would be giving you a job offer..

Amazing, speechless and that doesn't often happen to me......... It's better than a god damn production piece..!!!

If I owned Sideshow or Hot Toys I would be giving you a job offer..

Thanks so much man!!

Great! I am currently working on my own detolf Death Star hallway version of that because I wasn't happy with the way things went so if anyone wants a detolf sized set, I am now trying to produce them myself to make sure the people get what they deserve.

Currently working prototype so I cannot say anything about the price yet, bit It being fully painted, machined from solid aluminum, plexiglass, custom LED lighting and power supply it is not going to be cheap though

Great! I am currently working on my own detolf Death Star hallway version of that because I wasn't happy with the way things went so if anyone wants a detolf sized set, I am now trying to produce them myself to make sure the people get what they deserve.

Currently working prototype so I cannot say anything about the price yet, bit It being fully painted, machined from solid aluminum, plexiglass, custom LED lighting and power supply it is not going to be cheap though

I picked one up as well but have a couple minor issues with the final execution. Two main issues that would be worth considering is the size was a bit too big--didn't fit on my top shelf (too tall), just squeezes through the bottom shelf but sorta scrapes against the screws on the door (so a bit too wide). The second issue was just that the power supply plugs in on the side, which makes it difficult to plug in due to the width--have to push the display over to one side so it's uncentered and the wire is still pressing against the glass even then. An L-shaped adapter would help with that part, but the plug being in the back and out of sight would be ideal.

I decided to just put it in one of the middle two shelves and take it out when I want to plug it in for photos with the lights, but otherwise leave it in the detolf without them. A beautiful piece, just a couple nits that could be slightly improved upon if it's being reworked a bit anyhow.

Well, my design will only resemble the Plastica one cosmetically. I will make it fit better

Back