How is Hot Toys Hellboy II Holding Up?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Well mine was mint, or at least I thought it was :lol

Was moving stuff around today and picked up HB lower left leg stayed behind on the stand :lol

Apparently it decided to break while displayed and untouched.

Otherwise he is still mint condition.

Mine is still in great condition!!
Even after I took these crazy shots of it in front of my fireplace! :horror!

DSC09959.jpg

DSC09960.jpg

I've had mine in the same pose, mostly untouched, since it was released and it still looks mint. I hope the leg doesn't fall off when I pick it up though.:horror

This would be close to my favorite HT figure.

Hellboy is one of the figures I really want in my collection.be it HT or PF. Sorry I missed this one. How about a Legendary Scale Figure? Too cool!

hi,i thought mine was holding up great until i went to sell him and the guy asked me to double check the leg/knee joints and low and behold i had a figure in one hand and a lower right leg in the other,its only a minor break but its soul destroying finding out after 2 years on display,he was one of my first buys and being new to it i didnt check him as closely as i obviously should have:slap.does anyone know the best way to fix the knee joint or even better does anyone have that part,willing to by both legs if preferred and would consider the whole body if the price was ok,anyone help a freak in mourning:rotfl

the problem with this figure seems to be the knees......bought one 2nd hand on ebay out of the box his knee was broken, from what i have read its the red dye used in the plastic it makes the plastic very brittle......very easy fix pull out the knee joint and get any spare truetype and replace the knee joint and calf , and you have a much stronger and more possible figure with no noticeable difference

My Hot Toys Hellboy has been on display (in a neutral pose) in a closed acyrlic case since I purchased him when he was first released. I think he is okay... perhaps I should check on him, eh? :slap

I really don't see why Hot Toys hasn't done a DX treatment on him. He sorely deserves it. And for the record, it was my experience that it was Hot Toys Abe Sapian that we readily available for under retail... not Red.

As for Hellboy 3, I sincerely hope that they get around to doing it. However, I think Pacific Rim might be a game changer for Guillermo Del Toro. If he knocks it out of the park box office wise, I'm sure he will pressured to fast track Pacific Rim 2. And since he has already committed to directing a haunted house film after wrapping up Pacfic Rim, I doubt he is going to have the time to do it. Also if his new film does well enough, he might have the increased clout in the industry to finally make his dream project, "At the Mountains of Madness" with Tom Cruise. Mr. Del Toro always seems to keep his plate rather full.

The small window for Hellboy 3 to happen (Ron is getting up there in age) is slowly closing for good, I'm afraid.

But at least Guillermo has said in recent interviews that he at least feels an obligation to complete the trilogy. It's something... hopefully that will be enough to get it done.

I bought mine in December, just a couple months ago and it was sealed in box. I opened it and displayed it in a detolf on its stand with a straight out of the box pose. After seeing the recent HB posts i checked mine and the right knee was broke... i just did a knee swap but it still bothers me that it broke without being moved and in just a couple months:(

what is the current value on hellboy and abe right now? i can't seem to find a consistent price online

You're not the only one. The leather pants is the real shocker for me. Makes me wonder how these Terminator figures are gonna be doing in a few years. I honestly would have thought the elbows would be cracking on the rubber body by now, not the pants.

Back