How important are the excl. to everyone?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
You're mistaking "pushing it onto new fans" for "golly-gee willicres, I'm a total newb and gosh darnit, I really wish I could be just like the cool cats in the Joe threads." :huh

Because the only other reason I'd personally suggest to someone to get something they don't want, like purchase the exclusive over the regular, is to ensure that the figure retains its value with stronger potential for appreciation, should there ever be a need to resell it. Other than that, I'd challenge you to find a single instance where we "pushed" newbs to buy exclusives.

Every time you guys brag this elite nonsense, you're recommending ALL the exclusives to a newb.

For the record, I have nothing against the word. I really don't care that you guys want your "elite club", it doesn't affect me one way or the other :lol

But comments in this thread alone like "Elite or leave", "Don't bother talking to me if you're not elite", "You can get the regular version, but you won't be elite", "If you don't like elite, then that's your excuse for not being a real fan from the beginning, and have elite envy".

Can't you guys be elite without being jerks about it? Or I guess that's what really being elite is all about.

I think they're just kidding around. Nobody here's elite. These are just action figures, after all.

I'm cool with calling them dolls. It is what they are after all. We're all doll collectors.

[ame]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=VuinqB9z3JI[/ame]

Every time you guys brag this elite nonsense, you're recommending ALL the exclusives to a newb.

For the record, I have nothing against the word. I really don't care that you guys want your "elite club", it doesn't affect me one way or the other :lol

But comments in this thread alone like "Elite or leave", "Don't bother talking to me if you're not elite", "You can get the regular version, but you won't be elite", "If you don't like elite, then that's your excuse for not being a real fan from the beginning, and have elite envy".

Can't you guys be elite without being jerks about it? Or I guess that's what really being elite is all about.

The first bolded part sounds like a personal issue. Those of us joking have all the exclusives. You don't. Big ____ing deal. You don't like it, buy them or don't cry about it. It's really that ____ing simple. Or hell, start a club called "The Regs" or some ____. :huh Outside of that, learn to take a ____ing joke, you're starting to sound like SuitedJacks. :wink1: :lol

Those of us joking have all the exclusives. You don't. Big ____ing deal. You don't like it, buy them or don't cry about it. It's really that ____ing simple..... learn to take a ____ing joke

It's a joke at the expense of someone who is not elite. But when it's the other way around, they are "crying about it", "not a joe fan" & "have elite envy",

If I can't take a joke, you guys sure can't handle the truth :lol
Because having an opinion that differs always results in those same insults, I mean jokes.

Or hell, start a club called "The Regs" or some ____. :huh
That's just what we need here between the 10 of us, more exclusive clubs :lol

I still find it funny, with the $200 SE & Timber, that that doesn't count in the elite club :lol

DC comes in with the smackdown. I cherry pick my elite joes. I'm about 70%-30% elite, not counting Zartan and SE 2.0, which are both exclusives.

I rank most of the headsculpts above the other accessories as far as being "essential" because they turn your figure around 180. The CG head seems pretty boring though. Personally, I like the BH sculpt. I'm sure I'm alone there.

As for the accessories, I think Firefly's IED and Stalkers sweater rank the highest for me. Oh and of course CC's cane. But we dont' talk about that one since my chiauaua chewed on it. DAMN YOU! :lol

Worst are Dusty, Snake Eyes and Duke. Storm Shadows and Flints are cool and all...but how often times do you see people post pictures with those items equiped? Almost never.

I rank most of the headsculpts above the other accessories as far as being "essential" because they turn your figure around 180. The CG head seems pretty boring though. Personally, I like the BH sculpt. I'm sure I'm alone there.

As for the accessories, I think Firefly's IED and Stalkers sweater rank the highest for me. Oh and of course CC's cane. But we dont' talk about that one since my chiauaua chewed on it. DAMN YOU! :lol

Worst are Dusty, Snake Eyes and Duke. Storm Shadows and Flints are cool and all...but how often times do you see people post pictures with those items equiped? Almost never.

Never figured you for the type to have a pet rat. That's pretty cool. :nana:

I think they are important for some, I have all exclusives except SE sold him because he was going for ALOT and not a needed exc I am happy with the reg (but my OCD does get to me that they aren't ALL exclusive).

Storm Shadow's chucks are the most important to me though, and RNR's head is pretty awesome

I thought everyone with an exclusive Duke or SS posed their figures with binocs around neck or chuks hanging from belt.

Man I can't believe I've spent hundreds of extra dollars acquiring Exclusive versions on eBay just to feel like one of the cool guys only to find out it was all a ruse...:mad:

Back