How important are the excl. to everyone?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

blue devils

Super Freak
Reaction score
I currently have 8 Joe's in my collection, with BDN excl., CG excl., and SE and Timber excl. on preorder. All eight of the figures I have are exclusives and I would like to find the exclusives I am missing. But with the prices on some of them IE.. Firefly, Storm Shadow, Snake eyes even Duke! I am debating if it's worth the trouble. Any thoughts?

Go EX or go home.

Having said that, I've been on Sideshow's Joe line since the ground floor. If I had to play catch up, I'm not so sure some of those EXs would be worth paying extra for.

its important if the piece is necessary to the character or is important for certain display purposes (which all depends on your liking)..

Example- Cobra Commander's snake staff = important

Example- Dusty's Rocket attachment = not important

Duke,Storm Shadow,and Rock n Roll(extra head) exclusives are also important to their characters...

Every other exclusive in the Joe line isn't really that crucial..

Elite or leave.

Best to worst:

Rock n Roll head.
Flint shotgun.
Zartan head.
Hawk head.
Timber head.
Black Dragon Ninja head.
Read Ninja head.
Crimson Guard head.
Cobra Commander staff.
Duke binoculars.
Viper head.
Firefly bomb.
Stalker sweater.
Beachhead head.
Dusty rocket.
Snake Eye punch dagger.

Thanks for your input. I have been lucky. Since I started late with the Joe line, I have managed to get 7 of the 8 exclusives from Sideshow. I do agree, the exclusive is based on importance. Dusty's is a take it or leave it, but the figures with the head sculpts are a no brainer. Snake Eyes punch dagger is another meh, but the regular version isn't cheap either. I guess I will see how lucky I get on here or evilbay with the exclusives. Once again, thanks for your thoughts.

Exclusives are not important.

They are imperative.

Bide your time. Exercise Patience. You will find them for a decent price.

Last edited:
Rock n Roll is the most important exclusive and is a must. That sculpt is RnR.

I would also say the Duke head that comes with Zartan is as well. It has the character smirk/grin and will have far superior paint aps than the Duke figure.

The rest are not vital, but nice to have.

yeah, the exclusive RnR head sculpt is the character. just so bad ass. with that headsculpt...maybe my favorite joe.

Rock n Roll is the most important exclusive and is a must. That sculpt is RnR.

I would also say the Duke head that comes with Zartan is as well. It has the character smirk/grin and will have far superior paint aps than the Duke figure.

The rest are not vital, but nice to have.

I think SS's numchuks are pretty vital.

6a00d8341c51c053ef013485f32bfc970c-pi

Opulence, we hyez it.
We don't minds savings da monies,
but niet at da costs of beings da Elites™

I was lucky to have my wait list convert for R&R but was not so lucky with Zartan. I guess I'm showing my ____ side, in trying to justify having all of the exclusives.

"ELITE OR DIE!!!!"

People here emphasize the elite thing a little too much. These are expensive toys, even if you can find good deals on them elsewhere.

Most of the exclusives are not important, just nice to have... except in some cases the exclusive defines the character, like everyone has been saying Rock N' Roll does.

Zartan Duke head: I just don't like it, even if the paint aps are better...unless it's just the lighting in the preview, but it looks terrible. I'm in the minority, I don't care.

Flints Sawed-off Shotgun: Pretty cool to have, it's essential he has a sawed off shotgun. That said, you can find lots of 1/6 shotguns that Flint can use. Flints the biggest let down, unless you're a hardcore Flint fan, I'd advise skipping this figure.

Storm Shadows Nunchucks: The original toy had them, but he never used them in the comics or cartoon, nor were they featured on the card art. Still a very cool exclusive, but it's not like if he doesn't have nunchucks people are going to say, "That's not Storm Shadow!"

Cobra Commanders Cane: It's cool, but he doesn't have to have it and rarely ever used one in any of the media.

Hawks Ex Head: I prefer the original, so the ex will sit in the parts box.

Dukes Binoculars: It's not going to affect the character without them, but they're pretty sweet.

Stalkers Sweater: This is a good example. For most people, they aren't going to use it and could care less, but it's pretty cool to some. It's not important to be "Elite", it just matters getting what you like.

Dusty's rocket: Give me a break.

Fireflys IED: Pretty cool they included this with the figure. It's a unique item, but it doesn't affect the character in any way.

Beachhead Unmasked: Doesn't get much use, not essential.

CG Fred: Doesn't look like Fred, and my CG's will always wear their helmets anyway.

Viper Head Gear: A helmet inside a helmet, brilliant. Just don't like the look. It's another one I'll never use.

Red Ninja, Ninja Viper & Black Dragon heads: These make the nameless ninjas actual characters. If you like Ninjas, ya gotta have em.

Timber Exclusive: Everyone who complained the first Snake Eyes didn't come with Timber and now that Sideshow did it, he's still in stock.
"ELITE OR DIE!!!"

Back