How important are the excl. to everyone?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I'm the most elite member of this forum. Forum should be called Boba Ben forum. I also only have one exclusive figure from the GI Joe line.

I always figured the people who don't like the exclusives are the ones who didn't order them before they sold out, or they're not big enough Joe fans to have jumped into the line from the beginning. So now they have "Elite™ Envy".

I think exclusives are a little more important in the Joe lines than others. I've got some "elite" figs that I've actually subbed out their "elite" bases so that they fit into the squad and all had the same base. So in those cases the elite means nothing to me. And... to be the 100th person to add, I was going to pass on RnR until I saw the exclusive head. I'm not a line completist, I buy soldiers, usually grunts, whether they be Joes, Clones, etc... and whatever hits me as OMG I need that. The Joe lines exclusives usually call out to me a little more as "must haves" for exclusives. Obviously if I preorder I'm going to get the exclusive no matter how insignifigant it is... :nana:

I always figured the people who don't like the exclusives are the ones who didn't order them before they sold out, or they're not big enough Joe fans to have jumped into the line from the beginning. So now they have "Elite™ Envy".

Jealousy doesn't suit you. :dunno :nana:

And what am I so jealous about?

It's stupid to want to be Elite unless you genuinely like all the exclusives. It's even lamer to push it onto new fans of the hobby. Tell them the truth. Tell them the products that are actually good and important. If you feel they are, explain why. Tell me why Dustys rocket is so goddammed important.
Why is the punch dagger for Snake Eyes important when the cobra hands are better?
If it's just so I can be in the stupid Elite club, then I don't care :lol

Exclusive head is the only must for me. The rest are just dirty toys that get kitbashed.

I think Elite Joes include some of the coolest and also some of the most useless exclusive accessories.
SS 'Chuks? Win
Beachhead HS? Fail. Sold it long ago.

And what am I so jealous about?

It's stupid to want to be Elite unless you genuinely like all the exclusives. It's even lamer to push it onto new fans of the hobby. Tell them the truth. Tell them the products that are actually good and important. If you feel they are, explain why. Tell me why Dustys rocket is so goddammed important.
Why is the punch dagger for Snake Eyes important when the cobra hands are better?
If it's just so I can be in the stupid Elite club, then I don't care :lol

You're mistaking "pushing it onto new fans" for "golly-gee willicres, I'm a total newb and gosh darnit, I really wish I could be just like the cool cats in the Joe threads." :huh

Because the only other reason I'd personally suggest to someone to get something they don't want, like purchase the exclusive over the regular, is to ensure that the figure retains its value with stronger potential for appreciation, should there ever be a need to resell it. Other than that, I'd challenge you to find a single instance where we "pushed" newbs to buy exclusives.

I am not Elite I guess. I got into the Joe's late in the game. I don't need to spend 200 on storm shadow. I hope they put out v2 like snake eyes and I will get the elite version then:wink1: I have a regular R&R on the way I will look to pick up the bandanna :hi5:

Not really...I have been here collecting these since the start and I passed on some exclusives when appropiate to MY own personal collection and not to somebody elses.

If The exclusives are not that worthwhile or important enough to me,I still buy the character (except the boring trooper variants) and buy it cheaper elsewhere from another vendor.I still get the character I want without the useless exclusive that probably will just sit in the box anyway (aka Stalker's sweater,Viper's extra head,Hawk's extra head etc)

So far the Joes have had an exclusive accessory. Sometimes those are nice to have, though I doubt I would actually display a Zartan with the alternate head.

The star wars exclusive troopers have been the weakest offerings, who cares about a stand? The coolest 'exclusive' anything that Sideshow has offered was an extra Bruce Lee body for the Hot Toys DX Bruce Lee figure. Usually it's just a gun.

Like others have said, it depends on the particular exclusive to me. For the most part I would rather have them than not.

I'd say not at all, the only ones that were must haves were Zartan and Firefly. IMO of course. I'm sure Snake Eyes V.2 will break someone's Elite streak.

Back