HOW GOOD/BAD was KINGDOM of the CRYSTAL SKULLS?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HOW MUCH DID YOU LIKE OR DISLIKE KOTCS?

• LOVED IT! BEST OF THE FRANCHISE! I'VE SEEN IT MORE THAN TWICE!

Votes: 4 5.0%
  • LIKED IT! It was really good, but some of it lost me.

Votes: 41 51.3%
  • It was just ok...I liked all the other movies better though.

Votes: 17 21.3%
  • It was sub-par, kinda bummed by it--especially after all that hype.

Votes: 8 10.0%
  • EFFIN' HATED IT! LUCAS SUX ANYMORE and everyone involved should be ashamed.

Votes: 10 12.5%

• Total voters
The choices are heavily biased in the negative. :rolleyes:

Heavily?? You have one totally positive, two positive but with qualifiers, and two negative - how is that heavily biased towards the negative?

I agree there that there has been hyperbole on behalf of people who dislike the film, but this is a great example of hyperbole on behalf of those who feel the need to defend it to the death. Or some other exaggerated extent.

Heavily?? You have one totally positive, two positive but with qualifiers, and two negative - how is that heavily biased towards the negative?

The first option is completely over the top and only applies to people who've seen the movie at least three times. The next option drops all the way to "some of it lost me." Then we're down to it being the worst of all four films.

Which means we're immediately in the negative by the second answer and by the third option (the middle of the choices remember) it's already the worst film in the franchise. No option for "I really enjoyed it and it didn't lose me." No option for "not the best Indiana Jones film but not the worst."

The rampant insecurity here is hilarious.

The first option is completely over the top and only applies to people who've seen the movie at least three times. The next option drops all the way to "some of it lost me." Then we're down to it being the worst of all four films.

Which means we're immediately in the negative by the second answer and by the third option (the middle of the choices remember) it's already the worst film in the franchise. No option for "I really enjoyed it and it didn't lose me." No option for "not the best Indiana Jones film but not the worst."

The rampant insecurity here is hilarious.

1) There are a whole bunch of people who have seen the movie more than twice posting here on the board, it seems a valid option to me, although I agree perhaps it should be changed to "twice or more" rather than "more than twice"
2) What is in CAPS at the start of the option? "I liked it" the phrase "some of it lost me" does not invalidate that option, rather qualifies it slightly, and only the most cynical of people who focus on the negative would see that option as being negative
3) The third option sounds to me like your traditional "neutral" response, still indicating approval "It was ok" but upping the qualifier to something more than what we got in option two.

And to address your final comment, the need to shoot down everything and over-analyse anything that doesn't gel with your own personal opinion is boring.

I'm done posting here, the personal attacks from all sides and some people's need to put others down is frustrating. I'm all for civilised discussion, and perhaps I've misread the tone of some comments, both addressed towards my posts and between other posters, but frankly I'm bored by the superior tone a lot of people assume and the rudeness that goes back and forth. Whatever, I have better things to do.

1) There are a whole bunch of people who have seen the movie more than twice posting here on the board, it seems a valid option to me, although I agree perhaps it should be changed to "twice or more" rather than "more than twice"
2) What is in CAPS at the start of the option? "I liked it" the phrase "some of it lost me" does not invalidate that option, rather qualifies it slightly, and only the most cynical of people who focus on the negative would see that option as being negative
3) The third option sounds to me like your traditional "neutral" response, still indicating approval "It was ok" but upping the qualifier to something more than what we got in option two.

And to address your final comment, the need to shoot down everything and over-analyse anything that doesn't gel with your own personal opinion is boring.

I'm done posting here, the personal attacks from all sides and some people's need to put others down is frustrating. I'm all for civilised discussion, and perhaps I've misread the tone of some comments, both addressed towards my posts and between other posters, but frankly I'm bored by the superior tone a lot of people assume and the rudeness that goes back and forth. Whatever, I have better things to do.

:wave

And now back to

:horse

I totally enjoyed it and more importantly the 12 year old kiddo I went with loved it. It was a fun movie and felt true to the series to me.

Back