How do you rank the Predator films now?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
1.) Predator
2.) Predators
3.) Predator 2

As I've stated before in previous posts, not a huge fan of the films. I don't collect or care about them like I do Batman and Terminator but I can still appreciate classics.

Predator is great, none of the others even come close to it. Arnold as Dutch, Special forces team versus THE Predator (I prefer ONE villain Predator to multiples), everything. There are two things I love about the film. Other than the opening space scene it seems like an action/war movie. I love that camp bust scene against those rebels and the alien coming later in the film. You forget that it's a science fiction horror film during those sequences.

Then the Predator appears and it's exciting how it picks off each team member (other than Arnold of course) which results in deaths more gruesome than the last. But then the highlight of the film for me is the end. Dutch vs. the Predator. The two hunting each other with traps, and improvised weapons and the Predator revealing it's face for the first time. Can't forget that main theme as they hunt/plan. Really simplistic and enjoyable.

Predators is fine and also enjoyable but it reuses things I've already seen before. Most of the movies are just homages to films that were done better. Not awful but not Predator. I think the human characters could have been stronger. I don't remember ANY of their names except maybe Eddie Brock . . . er, Edwin. A HUGE difference when compared to Predator which had great secondary characters surrounding Dutch. ____ing Mac, Billy, Blain, DILLION etc. Lawrence Fishburne's character was wasted and I just didn't care about anyone that died, EXCEPT maybe the russian minigun guy. That ____ wasn't fair. He goes back to help Edwin (a character I KIND of liked based on how I THOUGHT he was) and the scene after is just bull____.

The "homages" were just too much. It was almost like a remake of Predator just crappier and more "hip". Still liked it though.

Not going to knock Predators 2. It may be the weakest of the three but I still loved the urban "jungle" theme/plot. Gotta love that Predator too.

As far as AVP and AVPR go, ____ em. Personally, I don't think the first one is THAT bad I just don't care about them.

I can't believe some people are putting Predators 2010 after Predator Original or even worse before Predator 2. Predators was a complete rehash of the original Predator. It wasnt a continuation it felt like a remake. Same type of characters as the first....same jungle area...okay more preds but still man...no credit for being original ??? Even though Predator 2 wasn't everyones best film at least they did something original. This is like when Bryan Singer did Superman Returns and called it a continuation after the original Superman film when what it really was a homage after homage and a boring as hell script. In my opinion Predators feels like a big budget re hash of the original Predator and people are eatin it up....

:clap, I have been saying that since I saw it...........

I do not understand how someone can watch AVP then AVPR and think that AVP was better. I know it's basically like choosing between two pieces of crap but I really thought AVPR had awesome designs, was fresh enough (it didn't try to copy the previous films), and of course, had lots of cool killings. I can't sit through AVP. Boring characters, horrible script/acting, wonky story. That said, Predators is becoming overrated and Predator will always be tops.

I actually thought the idea of AVP was pretty clever, but it was executed horribly in every way possible.

Just got back from the theatre, and I have to say that I liked it. There were a few things that irked me, mainly that I would have liked to see the Preds a bit more, but overall it worked for me. I think I will put it right along side P2 for my second favorite in the series. I still appreciate the corny fun of P2.

The P1 references didnt really bother me too much, I thought they would hit me over the head much harder than they did...haha.

The Predalien was worse then Scar's face...the single worst creature design in the franchise's history.

And AvP-R's characters were more out of character. The Aliens did jack ____, and the Predator was poorly equipped.

Poorly equipped? Please elaborate how Wolf is poorly equipped.

Bla Bla Bla Predator is awesome, Predators is okay, AVP/AVPR sucks. wow this is getting old. I think i may start a thread called no haters allowed, Just fans of all 5 predators post. :lol

If you hate pretty much the entire franchise then why post in this section all day? Why not concrete on something you like?

I would go
Predator
predators
predator2
and the other 2 dont really care.
I will say I expected Predators to be absolute garbage. But it wasent actually bad still not great but way better then the aliens vs predator films.

Finally saw this today. I'm not understanding all the hate about it. Sure, Brody was about as unmanly as you can get, and probably should've kept his shirt on instead of showing us his "Hungry Man" abs, but other than that I thought it was fine. There were plenty of nods to the original, but no more so than P2 (for those who think that's superior and have been lamely using that as a comparison). As expected, this is firmly cemented in my ranks, right behind the original, with P2 following up at 3rd.

Nam got it. :D

I mean, I dunno..I get the hate for the Supers, but...eh. Brody was a badass though, gotta disagree there. Probably my favorite thing he's ever done. :lol

lol, why you getting so mad if people don't like this movie?

I haven't seen it yet, looks too much like a rehash of Predator, with a few more Predators. . .

I can't wait to see this movie. I hated the two AvP flicks. Sadly I have to wait with that until august 19...in my country this is the release date...

I haven't seen it yet, looks too much like a rehash of Predator, with a few more Predators. . .

Am I getting mad? Because theres plenty of posts of people completly TRASHING the film....but did I get mad at them? Nah.

But just because I dont get the hate, doesnt mean i'm mad at anyone....:dunno

You summed it up Evil. Most of the movie is just a ripoff of the original.
And a lot of people are getting sucked into it.

Back