How do you guys afford this hobby

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I can be your pimp....I'll get you to work harder than you dream possible.

I've been working on and off. So this is perfect timing. I know a certain route that the cops don't even dare patrol.

:lol I'm kidding...... for now :confused:

Thanks for the offer bro but I just gotta suck it up and move on. Keep trying harder everyday. :1-1:

Trying harder is a key :) :1-1: GL Jose.

I've been working on and off. So this is perfect timing. I know a certain route that the cops don't even dare patrol.
:lol

:lol No thanks Mr. Green. I hear pimps take advantage of their hoes. And we're both males. I don't think that'll be a pretty sight in bed. :thud:

i rob banks--------

You live in Texas?

Your best option is probably to keep to the less limited item...there are plenty of excellent 6-inch figures you can pick up for less than $20...also talk with your local comic book store or where ever you get your figures from and offer to do some work @ the weekends in return for some products or you can ask to buy the old display items or shop damaged items for a discounted price.

Attend local carboot or garage sales, you can often pick up loads of excellent bargains here. Also stores like Walmart, Toys R Us etc often have close out sales.

Then of course theirs always eBay...

Hope this helps ;-)

i have an ok job that allows me to purchase my figs.

and i also i dont spend on what the majority of people spend their money such extra clothing and shoes, video games, upgrading my cars stereo rims or radio, go clubbing, excessive drinking, smoking, dvds, computer gadgets or latest cell phones, vacations etc.

avoiding all those costs allow me to focus on saving money and purchasing my toys.

as many people have stated try your best to avoid impulse buys and be smart with your money. i try to not buy a figure if i don't have the money for it. i can tell you from experience that getting in debt with a credit card is not a good spot to be on. i was in debt for 2 years before i could be out of the red.

its also just a matter of being happy with what you have, i was happy when my collection was made up of a few figures and im happy with the collection i now have. no regrets and every single figure i have is important to me because i gave it a lot of thought before purchasing it.

i have an ok job that allows me to purchase my figs.

and i also i dont spend on what the majority of people spend their money such extra clothing and shoes, video games, upgrading my cars stereo rims or radio, go clubbing, excessive drinking, smoking, dvds, computer gadgets or latest cell phones, vacations etc.

avoiding all those costs allow me to focus on saving money and purchasing my toys.

as many people have stated try your best to avoid impulse buys and be smart with your money. i try to not buy a figure if i don't have the money for it. i can tell you from experience that getting in debt with a credit card is not a good spot to be on. i was in debt for 2 years before i could be out of the red.

its also just a matter of being happy with what you have, i was happy when my collection was made up of a few figures and im happy with the collection i now have. no regrets and every single figure i have is important to me because i gave it a lot of thought before purchasing it.

this is almost exactly what I said about it, not spending money on expensive clothes or fancy dinners,
but i guess it came out as anti social and weirdo lol, which i didnt mean to.
a lot of people spend hundreds, thousands on booze, cigarettes, fancy expensive dinners, you would be surprised how it all adds up

So, does refusing to pay them qualify as avoidance? I don't lie about what I owe. I just don't give it to them.
I'm going a bit off-topic here. From what I understand, simply refusing to pay is merely non-compliance and will usually lead to penalties for delinquency/deficiency. Evasion is willfully lying. But we all know each country has its own set of laws so it may be different where you are.

Back on topic, I had to stop buying new airsoft toys.

That's what I figured. I do pay them, but at my leisure. They don't do a damn thing to earn it, so they can wait.

Penalties? :dunno How much I owe is immaterial when I pay when I feel like it.

a lot of people spend hundreds, thousands on booze, cigarettes, fancy expensive dinners, you would be surprised how it all adds up

Booze and cigarettes? C'mon, very few people spend thousands on booze and cigarettes—maybe hundreds. But more commonly, spending thousands on "fancy expensive dinners" is no different and can be as detrimental as spending thousands on fancy expensive figures.

this is almost exactly what I said about it, not spending money on expensive clothes or fancy dinners,
but i guess it came out as anti social and weirdo lol, which i didnt mean to.

as a collector i think the term weirdo applies to all of us haha. nice avatar by the way.

as a collector i think the term weirdo applies to all of us haha. nice avatar by the way.

And that's why we are all here. Talking amongst fellow freaks, haha. It's getting rough trying to get all of the figures that I want. I'm starting to trim down and replace them with ones that I must have in the collection. A nice excel sheet with a history on what I've spent is a good way to keep this hobby in check,

Back