How do YOU feel about Hot Toys re-releases?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do YOU feel about Hot Toys re-releases?

• Don't Care

Votes: 99 22.5%
  • Happy to have a second crack at a figure

Votes: 230 52.3%
  • Getting annoyed by them

Votes: 66 15.0%
  • Frustrated and view this practice as unfair

Votes: 45 10.2%

• Total voters
I think re-releases are fine. These aren't signed and numbered limited pieces, these are toys. The only people who should be upset about this practice are people who buy toys for investment purposes, and that's just a silly practice. Buy gold, people. Toys are meant to be played with and enjoyed. Not hoarded.

It's a shame that some overpaid for hard-to-find items, but common sense should've capped spending before it got to the ridiculous prices the Tumbler was fetching on ebay, anyway.

i think the only people that should be upset about re-releases and relaunches are the ones who paid an insane amount for the figures on ebay or other places. the only issue i have is that HT could be allocating all the resources, time and energy to work on other new stuff. maybe the reason some of the figures are getting delayed is because they are working on the re-releases. idk.

On a business standpoint, I first questioned Hot Toys business decision. With people paying 3-5x for some of their figure, they're killing the demand for the grail figures.

But in analyzing the re-releases, I understand Hot Toys decision cause there's a huge demand from new collectors. A year ago, most of these collectors have never even heard of Hot Toys. Most of my co-workers, friends, and family are just now getting introduced to Hot Toys. Now, you see the new releases on facebook, comicbook news sites, etc. There's more demand now from new customers.
The thing is, Hot Toys is not making any money with the high priced figures on the secondary market. Usually, its the flippers or greedy ebay sellers.
So by giving these new comers a chance, you're getting more collectors to buy your product. More buyers, more demand, more supply. Simple really.

Besides, most of my figures, I dont buy them cause they're expensive or rare, I buy them cause I like, and want them.

I don't care. Life is too short to get worked up over a company re-releasing thier more successful products to meet demand and yield higher profits.

I don't really care. Some I might get, some I'll probably skip.

Edit: Hey, I was at work all day. Tumbler's back guys :)

and its never gonna look like ledger!! :lol

Maybe they are going for what he looks like now :huh

As for the poll, dont care, they can rererererelease again. Gives more people the chance to have something. I hate the inflated heads that think they should be the only ones to have items.

Long time collector of statues, now more and more fan of HT. Getting into it at the perfect time.
The thing everyone has to understand is that there is always something better right around the corner.
Im very happy they are offering better versions

I remember when pre-ordering figures you had to get those pre-orders in fast so you can secure your figure or figures and now it's like I can pick up an superman exclusive or an exclusive Jack Sparrow when ever I'm ready. Like Remy said it's cause of the new collectors. Supply and demand. Now everyone get's a chance to get in. Which is kinda good for me cause I don't have to run out looking for payment for my figures right away I can just simply pick one up when I'm ready.

Pros: Gives me a second chance to get the figures I missed on the 1st release. Don't have to pay high $$$ on Ebay. Improved skills/technique/style/craftmanship and head sculpt/likeness.
Cons: Marketing stretagy. That's all it is. For eg., How many Iron Man are they going to make? This predator... that predator.... Samuri Predator.... REALLY?!

Re: Re-releases and Variants - WGAS?

I swear this is like the tenth iteration of this thread made in the past month.

I also collect for me.
I'e said it before and will say it again. those who buy them ONLY to resell at an inflated price later are the cancer that is killing the hobby.

if it goes up in value, awesome. if not, also awesome.
as long as the figure looks good, i'm happy.

as people said, if you want collection, don't buy hot toys, it's just expensive figures, I am so regret that I spend much more money on them. from now on, I will just buy new ones or don't even bother.

HT isn't in the business of collectibility, I've already accepted that, as should everyone else. I just don't care anymore

Iron Man Mk 1 2.0, Joker DX 2.0, Sparrow, Robocop, Batman Begins, Tumblr... looks like Ht will be re-releasing their entire back catalogue in the next coupla years.

Lotsa folks hate it, lotsa folks like it, lotsa folks couldn't care less. It's time we found out how many really give a stuff.

Let's not forgot all the predators from well EVERY predator movie to date :panic:

Back