How do YOU feel about Hot Toys re-releases?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do YOU feel about Hot Toys re-releases?

• Don't Care

Votes: 99 22.5%
  • Happy to have a second crack at a figure

Votes: 230 52.3%
  • Getting annoyed by them

Votes: 66 15.0%
  • Frustrated and view this practice as unfair

Votes: 45 10.2%

• Total voters

SSC EX Hunter

Super Freak
Reaction score
It's quite obvious that re-releases are going to be a popular trend for hot toys... how do you feel about THAT?

1) Don't Care
2) Happy to have a second crack at a figure
3) Getting a little annoyed
4) Frustrated and view this practice as unfair

Last edited:
Re-releases and Variants - WGAS?

Iron Man Mk 1 2.0, Joker DX 2.0, Sparrow, Robocop, Batman Begins, Tumblr... looks like Ht will be re-releasing their entire back catalogue in the next coupla years.

Lotsa folks hate it, lotsa folks like it, lotsa folks couldn't care less. It's time we found out how many really give a stuff.

its getting a bit annoying because they could be working on something other than iron mans and ledger jokers. people are never gonna be satisfied and its never gonna look like ledger!! :lol

Doesn't bother me a bit. It's a good chance for those who missed something they wanted the first time around. I hope they redo Terminator Endoskeleton in a chrome-type finish. Cap's shield is proof they could do it well.

Re: Re-releases and Variants - WGAS?

The only people I think would have a problem with this are resellers. I think its cool that people that missed out on alot of older pieces have a chance to get them now.

Far out, 3 replies in the time it took me to bust out the poll. Sorry chaps.

The only HT rerelease I've cared to see has been the Tumbler. The original had many issues (broken spoilers) so an improved QC would be welcome in addition to being able to get one for a reasonable price. I do think HT should be willing to swap out the old, broken Tumblers for the new improved ones. :lecture.

Wow, really? Hasn't this issue been beaten to death already? Some people love it, some people hate it and some don't care. What else is there to say?

I'm actually losing interest with collecting now. It's good that people who missed out has another chance and sucks for people who paid 10x the amount. QC is getting worst and prices are increasing as the the details gets better. But Hot Toys promised other lines but is milking the crap on rehash and repaints, I know they are a buisness but IMO I don't like it. It's not the same for me anymore, right now I may faze out of collecting Hot Toys and tweak on my guns. But damn they still got figures that I want.

1,2 and 3 for me. Let me explain. 1) don't care for some of the re-releases 2) and am happy to have a second chance at Cpt Jack, Classic Predator. 3) Getting a little annoyed with the many Iron man figures they are releasing. Where are the new licenses like kill bill figures, Underworld, Dexter, Freddy, a Jason etc. Get some horror licenses. Not a lot of variety(custom figures is where it's at) to much of the same. Just my opinion. Oh yeah I am a Hot toys fans.

It's giving me a reason to slow down on collecting, its not the same anymore.

Wow, really? Hasn't this issue been beaten to death already? Some people love it, some people hate it and some don't care. What else is there to say?

B..b..b.b..b..but.... it's a poll! You know, empirical like.

Edit: Damn. Just realised SSC Ex Hunter has got the exact same poll running in the DC section... a merge might be in order...

If you want collectibles buy something with a number stamped on it:pfft:

Last edited:

Iron Man Mk 1 2.0, Joker DX 2.0, Sparrow, Robocop, Batman Begins, Tumblr... looks like Ht will be re-releasing their entire back catalogue in the next coupla years.

Lotsa folks hate it, lotsa folks like it, lotsa folks couldn't care less. It's time we found out how many really give a stuff.

I just wish Hot Toys would stop calling their releases "Limited Edition" because they aren't.

Back