How do YOU feel about Hot Toys re-releases?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

How do YOU feel about Hot Toys re-releases?

• Don't Care

Votes: 99 22.5%
  • Happy to have a second crack at a figure

Votes: 230 52.3%
  • Getting annoyed by them

Votes: 66 15.0%
  • Frustrated and view this practice as unfair

Votes: 45 10.2%

• Total voters
Whew...I finished reading...(jk) Truce no beef with you my friend :peace

This is an interesting theory and even once put into different scenarios it still makes sense...

Now having said that its pretty obvious that type A is not a collector but what about type C? As many would argue who find them selves in this group/type that they are collectors. What say you or anyone for that matter?

I agree with your thoughts on the 1/4 as they should truly be limited. Not for investment purpose but having done some sculpting in the past I would think that they would get it right the first time especially with their improvements in the past few years. With the figures being bigger it should be easier to capture detail and include more moving parts, making a figure that would need no updates in the future. I say that because most of re-releases are being updated due to inaccuracy the first go-round.

Iconic figures :drool What about Luke??? Po'd and paid for... :yess: Not a big SW fan but call it nostalgia. :wink1:

My take is, everyone is a collector. Type A, B or C. There is no right or wrong way to collect. You just collect the way that is most comfortable or fitting for you.

I'd love to have a chance to get my hands on HT King Leonidas and Blade. But I don't think that those who bought the first releases would like the idea of Hot Toys re-releasing those figures with significant improvements. I'd settle for just re-releases without any improvements/changes, that would seem fair to me.

I'd love to have a chance to get my hands on HT King Leonidas and Blade. But I don't think that those who bought the first releases would like the idea of Hot Toys re-releasing those figures with significant improvements. I'd settle for just re-releases without any improvements/changes, that would seem fair to me.

If they did a different version i think owners of the original would like a different version too and it doesn't devalue their figure, they could do a Blade 1 or 3 version.

Re-releasing still takes time and resources in the factories to make, that is time & resources that is better spent on new original figures from their backlog of licenses, they're very far behind to be spending time on remakes or re-issues IMO.

If they did a different version i think owners of the original would like a different version too and it doesn't devalue their figure, they could do a Blade 1 or 3 version.

Re-releasing still takes time and resources in the factories to make, that is time & resources that is better spent on new original figures from their backlog of licenses, they're very far behind to be spending time on remakes or re-issues IMO.

Agreed. Personally I wish Hot Toys would grow bigger as a company, hire more artists and workers so that they could do much more work at the same time, I don't know if it would be profitable for them but I'm willing to give them my bank account numbers if they release the figures I want.

I'd love to see them re-releasing their best figures like Leonidas and Blade and as you say maybe also do some new ones, but not only like instead of doing Blade 2 they do Blade 1 but doing some figures of Matrix, Star Trek, Planet of The Apes and you name it..!

Ht still put the word of "limited edition" on the ss website, its lie that they are still re-release the figure.

Remaking figures is a wonderful thing. These are plastic figures, or pose able model kits, and are not gold or original paintings or sculptures. The aftermarket prices of these is ridiculous. There is no good reason why these figures should be over $240, except for extra large ones like Iron Monger, which could be $340. These are expensive enough as it is. If you want a figure of this quality, and can afford it, buy one, but don't think that this is some sort of investment like an original sculpture, made of some archival material, like pottery, stone, or bronze.

If you can't afford to buy one and keep it, you can't afford to buy a $200 figure in the first place. You have no business buying one if you can't afford to keep it long term. It is an unwise decision, because these are just figures, and as I said 2 or 3 years ago, all that has to happen is that the company start remaking the items that are selling for a lot on the secondary market, and then the bubble will burst on the price of these, and people will find out what they REALLY are.

They are just expensive toys, and not real investments. People said to me, why would these companies remake these when collectors want them to maintain their value or go up? My response was that they are in business for profit, and will make new ones if the secondary price goes up high enough.

Just as I predicted those 3 years ago, Hot Toys is remaking stuff.

Back