How do you display your aliens?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

ilovefreestufftoo

Super Freak
Reaction score
I was curious to how articulated the Hot Toys Aliens are. Would some of you mind taking some pics of your HT Aliens in different poses?

Pic011-1.jpg

AR033.jpg

AR042.jpg

Please excuse the blur in this last one. I do not have a tripod.:eek:

AR054.jpg

They are ultra poseable, but I try not to change mine too much. The paint is peeling off the rubber already, and I had the common loose ankle problem ("solved" with layers of superglue).

But to answer the question, this is how I pose him!

AlienAgain5.jpg

Or like this:

AlienAttack2.jpg

Alas, I'm in the UK and had to buy mine on eBay. The seller was in Canada and it took 8 weeks to arrive. I also got stung for customs & excise charges, which meant I might as well have bought it from Forbidden Planet for the £130 ($260) they were charging!

I'm ok with the ankle, as it holds up fine now, but the rubber isn't going to stay painted long. If you look at the ribcage you can see that the paint is peeling off.

Oh, and I never open its jaw because there's a small tear in the rubber there, and I don't want to exacerbate it. It's right at the bottom of the connective tissue, near the lower back tooth:

AliensComplete3.jpg

It's the coolest "toy" I've ever owned, and yet somehow also the shoddiest.

Air brush your alien with a layer of thin clear coating before the paint peel off more, that way your alien will have a glossy outlook and you dun have to worry bout the paint peeling off.

That's not a bad idea. Any recommendations for a particular product?

Also, I don't have an air brush. Is this something I could just brush on?

use something like this, acrylic paint you can either spray paint it or brush it, but brushing it may cause the paint to be uneven, thats the only con

Cool, thanks for the advice, that's really helpful.

OH MAN!! Finally someone here that has my same problem with that motherfu**ing warrior alien! from the shots seems that your alien had start to lose paint in the abdominal region, mine still becoming more and more devastated in all around the mouth/ face region and that's no nice man

i have to start that infamous thread for see how it's common and spread this issue with the warriors aliens line one of this day

( i have also the brown alien and it's no so good too with rubber paint )

I think the paint started coming off mine within about an hour of it being removed from the box!

Mine was in the box for most of the time and only bring it out for a fresh air when i wants to take a photo of them though......
DSCF0144.jpg

DSCF0142-1.jpg

DSCF0148.jpg

DSCF0153.jpg

Here are a couple of slightly freaky shots taken when I was playing around with an LED light in the dark:

DSC00021.jpg

DSC00049.jpg

And this rather blurry one is when I had him in a "coming out of the water to get Newt" pose:

DSC00504.jpg

You'll notice he's standing without using his tail to make a tripod there, so the ankle issue isn't the end of the world.

Back