How deep will Hot Toys go into Star Wars, especially the OT?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
YFB the odds just went up for Ewok's being made, since someone said zero chance. :rotfl

tumblr_lxtpjrJYz81qeo73ro1_500.gif

:lol

Honestly, Yoda and Jedi Luke seem like pretty safe bets. Anything more than that is at Howard's discretion.

I am actually glad someone made this post.

I was/am close to tracking down a Sideshow Snowtrooper & Tie Fighter EX, but I prefer Hot Toys and would be really disappointed to buy those figures just to have them released by HT. I figure that HT released the Sandtrooper (which I love), so I figure they are going to eventually work through the OT troops as they exhaust TFA.

Here is my immediate buy list:
*Luke- Jedi, X-Wing, Hoth
*Han- Bespin (I missed ANH), Hoth
*Leia- Hoth
*Lando- General
*C3PO & R2D2 set
*Palpatine

Troops:
*Snowtrooper
*Tie-Fighter Pilot
*Imperial Guard
*Scout Trooper
*Death Star Gunner

tumblr_lxtpjrJYz81qeo73ro1_500.gif

:lol

Honestly, Yoda and Jedi Luke seem like pretty safe bets. Anything more than that is at Howard's discretion.

LOL love that gif :D safe bets as R2 & 3PO should be as well, I just hope they space them out, so a little easier wallet whacks...

Actually, I kinda don't want HT to go too far into the OT.
I mean, I do, but I don't...

I don't think I want the temptation.

HT R2-D2 and HT C-3PO would be amazing if they eclipse what we currently already have.
I'd get them just to have a complete HT range rather than include Sideshow or Bandai figures.

Just give me ROTJ Luke.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Star Wars is doing good business for Hot Toys, so they will probably go deeper into the license then they usually do. Probably just OT and ST though. I could be wrong, but I remember reading somewhere that Chan is not a fan of the Prequels.

My OT votes are for Jedi Luke, Yoda, MMS Diecast 3PO & R2, and an ESB Lando.

Just give me ROTJ Luke.

Sent from my Nexus 6P using Tapatalk

Same here. Realistically, the only other figures I'd have a legitimate interest in (outside of the ANH line) from the OT would be an ESB Yoda and a RotJ Luke.

For the PT, all I care about is a RotS Anakin and Obi-Wan.

Same here. Realistically, the only other figures I'd have a legitimate interest in (outside of the ANH line) from the OT would be an ESB Yoda and a RotJ Luke.

For the PT, all I care about is a RotS Anakin and Obi-Wan.

You might want to add in another version of Chewie & Han if you want to get them retail......otherwise the ANH are going to stay up there. I think HT could do wonders w/ diecast R2 & 3PO as well as the elec. features on both. The more I think on it, the more I want them to do, and as said already don't want them to do. LOL
:slap

You might want to add in another version of Chewie & Han if you want to get them retail......otherwise the ANH are going to stay up there. I think HT could do wonders w/ diecast R2 & 3PO as well as the elec. features on both. The more I think on it, the more I want them to do, and as said already don't want them to do. LOL
:slap

Yeah, Chewie and Han are sort of a question mark at this point. Eventually they're going to be acquired, just a matter of which version(s). I really would like ANH Han, but I'm not sure how the production of other versions of Han will affect the current after market price for the ANH one, if at all. Same with Chewie. If HT releases a TFA Han and Chewie (which I would bet probably will happen at some point), then I will get both of those and that will be my only Chewie, but I would still like to acquire a younger Han in addition to the older one.

So deep you're going to feel it in the back of your throat.

Being serious now. If HT went any deeper into SW you may as well just start calling them Hot Disney Toys beczuse between this and Marvel they won't have any time to make anything else.

Wait

here have a song

Lotsa effort for some pretty douchie responses. Is Leia iconic? Sure. However, if anyone was told to pick 1 or 2 figures to represent Star Wars, Leia would hardly be picked and Kenobi, less so. A majority are picking Luke or Vader, Stormtroopers, Han Chewie, or even the droids. Leia and Kenobi are part of the bigger collection no doubt, but Leia is not the 1 Star Wars figure you have in collection.

Many women who like Star Wars would either prioritise Leia, or it would unthinkable to not have her in a collection. I only had Han and Leia for years. Of course I saw one idiot on here sideline Ripley, freaking Ripley, the main character of the Alien franchise on behalf of Hicks, so anything's possible.

Here's what I'd like to see, realistically:

STAR WARS

1) TUSKEN RAIDER (SandPeople) --- with a variety of gaffi sticks/weapons.
2) JAWA --- with LED eyes and a variety of weapons/belts to create your own army builder.
3) GRAND MOFF TARKIN --- with blaster and an LED light up "Death Star Wall" behind him, large enough to stand with Vader.

EMPIRE

1)HAN BESPIN with Carbonite Block
2) BOBA FETT
3) LUKE BESPIN/DAGOBAH
4) YODA with backpack, removable lower body to make him fit in pack
5) LANDO
6) DARTH VADER
7) LUKE HOTH
8) HAN HOTH
9) SNOWTROOPER
10) LEIA HOTH
11) IG88
12) BOSSK
13) STORMTROOPER new EPV helmet

JEDI

1) LUKE JEDI with everything
2) HAN SOLO with everything
3) CHEWBACCA
4) EMPEROR
5) LEIA with Endor gear
6) SCOUT TROOPER
7) VADER with removable helmet and hand
8) ROYAL GUARD
9) LANDO skiff guard
10) LEIA prisoner
11) GAMMOREAN GUARD
12) JABBA with throne and Crumb
13) R2D2
14) C3PO

So that's only like maybe another $8000 for all of that, spread over 4-5 years. I'm good with that.

Got to say I can't see ht going too deep....
Given their record of not completing lines - I think beyond the main characters I hope we see a Tarkin, Luke Jedi, Roj Vader, lobot (no chance) and veers. Maybe an environment or too and if they can be bothered a prequel anakin and atoc padme.

Sideshow can keep making too - aliens esp where always great but they need to watch the prices.

I thought I was the only person who wanted a Padme:goodpost:

It's always funny to me how people talk about how horrible Anakin was in the prequels but they'll buy him in a second over Padme. I like both(to varying degrees. I recognize strengths and weaknesses in both the characters and their respective actors who played them) but even though I'd love a ROTS Anakin, I'd be equally enthralled with an ATOC Padme or even a pregnant ROTS one.

Many women who like Star Wars would either prioritise Leia, or it would unthinkable to not have her in a collection. I only had Han and Leia for years. Of course I saw one idiot on here sideline Ripley, freaking Ripley, the main character of the Alien franchise on behalf of Hicks, so anything's possible.

Obviously. That's why I tried to use words as to not imply it was absolute. If I ever pared down my collection, Leia would be a part of it. She's 2nd actually to Luke for me. I realize, for many she's right up there. But I do stand by the fact, that all things being equal (price, availability, quality, etc...), if one were to collect all of them from scratch, one at a time, Leia would likely be toward the end for most. I believe that's what the OP was trying to get at. Not that she's not iconic, or even 2nd tier, she's just down the line in a larger collection (again, for most). It's more priority than anything else, like you said. I think a couple of the immediate responses jumped down Toms throat a little early instead of clarifying or even addressing his question, which actually had nothing to do with Leia per se, but how many more ANH characters HT might consider doing after this initial wave. We can almost all agree on 6-10 for the 1st wave of ESB, and 5 or 6 for the 1st wave of Jedi. After that, who knows? As for Leia, I'd take a Ceremonial Leia and a Bespin dress Leia before Hoth and Slave Leia any day.

Back