How deep will Hot Toys go into Star Wars, especially the OT?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Wow...... your entire post is just laughable.

You lost all credibility when you said Leia and Obi-Wan aren't iconic characters.

Then going on to imply that since they were made, Walrusman, Greedo, Tusken Raider will be made.

D'you get out of the wrong side of the bed?

The poor guy is just saying his opinion and trying to contribute to the community; why is it laughable and why did you need to be so vicious with your response?

I find just about everything that comes out of your idiotic, aspergers-ridden mouth, laughable, contradictory, embarrassing, and generally a waste of air - but I only attack you in moments like this when you are being a total and utter, unreasonable prick.

I can't see them going that deep. Major characters yes, but I think that's as far as they'll go with the OT.
Hopefully we'll get Tarkin, Lando, Snowtrooper and Biker Scout but I'm not sure it's a given that we'll get them.

I'm really taken aback by how angry I seem to have made some people. I didn't say Obi-wan and Leia weren't iconic, just that if people weren't in for the whole range my unscientific guess is that they might pick other characters. I love Ben and Leia as characters, own Ben and will be buying Leia. When I was a kid I would have bought them too - after buying everything else.

I'm a bit dazed by that post with all the gifs in it. I'm sorry if that's how I came across.

Don't worry about it. He's an antagonist child.

D'you get out of the wrong side of the bed?

The poor guy is just saying his opinion and trying to contribute to the community; why is it laughable and why did you need to be so vicious with your response?

I find just about everything that comes out of your idiotic, aspergers-ridden mouth, laughable, contradictory, embarrassing, and generally a waste of air - but I only attack you in moments like this when you are being a total and utter, unreasonable prick.

This isn't civil at all.

Lotsa effort for some pretty douchie responses. Is Leia iconic? Sure. However, if anyone was told to pick 1 or 2 figures to represent Star Wars, Leia would hardly be picked and Kenobi, less so. A majority are picking Luke or Vader, Stormtroopers, Han Chewie, or even the droids. Leia and Kenobi are part of the bigger collection no doubt, but Leia is not the 1 Star Wars figure you have in collection.

Yeah, I never had the desire to have a Ben or Leia ANH in my 1/6 collection previously, and even with the amazing work HT has done on theirs, I have gotten/are getting them (have Ben, Leia on PO) because I sorta feel like I "need to" because if you have the others, you need them alongside. Personally, I'd rather have a really great Greedo than a Leia, but I REALLY love the SW creatures. Ben and Leia are iconic, but a little dull visually to me.

If you like a piece and it is available why wait? I have 4 Tusken Raiders and would never sell them for a HT. I don't know how it could be improved that much (outside of body swap which I did for mine) to buy another one. If you like a piece buy and enjoy now. If HT makes the figure then sell yours immediately. You will not loose that much on it and can wait a year to upgrade.

I would rather have a figure I like now in my collection rather than wait and hope something that may or may not ever get made to come along.

I like the Tusken, but the body is the worst one I've ever had and the hands are pretty tiny next to the head. I would like to see what HT could do with a Tusken, but I kinda doubt they'd do him.

It's hard to say. Isn't SW much more popular in the West than it is in Asia? If Howard weren't such a fan, I doubt we'd get as many OT figures as we already have.

That being said, I wouldn't mind a 3PO, an R2, at least one each of Han, Luke and Leia from ESB, an ESB Vader, Fett and Chewie, a Lando, a Yoda, an Emperor and a Jedi Luke. And an Ewok. There, I said it. :monkey1

A furred Ewok would be pretty cool but that's gotta be zero chance.

How about Christmas special chewie's family?

:rotfl

I would buy it however.:lecture

ANH:

Tarkin
Greedo
Die cast C-3PO and R2-D2 with LED lighting

ESB:

Luke in X-wing pilot suit
Degobah Luke with/without Yoda
Lando
Snowtrooper
Han in Hoth outfit
Leia in Hoth outfit

ROTJ:

Scout Trooper with/without Speeder Bike
Emperor Palpatine
Imperial Royal Guard
Wickett (don't shoot me)

There are so many possibilities for this line, not to mention the Rogue One figures Hot Toys is probably going to make...

If you're going to dish it out then you better be prepared to take it, WWEJedi.

So I suggest you stop while you're ahead.

Michelle-Tanner-You-Got-it-Dude-Full-House.gif

I'm really taken aback by how angry I seem to have made some people. I didn't say Obi-wan and Leia weren't iconic, just that if people weren't in for the whole range my unscientific guess is that they might pick other characters. I love Ben and Leia as characters, own Ben and will be buying Leia. When I was a kid I would have bought them too - after buying everything else.

I'm a bit dazed by that post with all the gifs in it. I'm sorry if that's how I came across.

I wasn't trying to be rude or snarky in my response. I just thought it was kind of strange to imply that Leia wasn't a major character. She was always the first figure I bought. I had every version of her. I'm probably in the minority.

I hope they go pretty deep with the characters.

I hope they do the PT also.

I'd snatch every Obi-Wan figure up as he's my favorite character besides the fetts.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

Yeah, I never had the desire to have a Ben or Leia ANH in my 1/6 collection previously, and even with the amazing work HT has done on theirs, I have gotten/are getting them (have Ben, Leia on PO) because I sorta feel like I "need to" because if you have the others, you need them alongside. Personally, I'd rather have a really great Greedo than a Leia, but I REALLY love the SW creatures. Ben and Leia are iconic, but a little dull visually to me.

I like the Tusken, but the body is the worst one I've ever had and the hands are pretty tiny next to the head. I would like to see what HT could do with a Tusken, but I kinda doubt they'd do him.

A furred Ewok would be pretty cool but that's gotta be zero chance.

:rotfl

I would buy it however.:lecture

YFB the odds just went up for Ewok's being made, since someone said zero chance. :rotfl and I would buy a set of Ewoks & Chewies fam as well....why the heck not...they could go really deep w/ this line of course, like IM, esp if China's economy goes down and they lose some of those collectors for IM, then maybe SW would get more priority for US market.

OS Star Wars fans are notoriously "fill in the blank", so water on a duck's back.....I would like to see a varied line up as well, not 100 versions of just troopers...

If anyone knows of a place I can get an Obi Wan at retail still, please PM me, I was not going to get him, but now I have all the others, and I am mad for not getting him. on the WL, but who knows on that. Thanks in advance!

Back