How can I display my collection?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
it's not the detolfs she doesn't like. it's your whole collection. she's trying to tell you something here.

give her one of these:

iron-maiden-albums-various-picture2351-cat-_____slap.jpg

:lol:lol.:lecture. l can tell if he says that to her not only will she not allow him to have Detolfs in the house, she will then take half his stuff.

Anyway l say the Detolfs are the best out there for a cheap price. I would say to bad we are keeping a couple Detolfs.

isn't your sig too big?? it takes up half the freakin' page.

It's not to big, she has nice cleavage, at least l can see something that's worth looking at when quiggle posts.:exactly:

Where do you get these from?

My shelves look like this:

Shelf_01-1.jpg

The beauty of this set up is that like Detolfs you can make it modular. So just when the wife/gf relents to a few of these, BAM!!!! You go and add another one and there's NOT A GODDAM THING she can do about it.

Shelf_01-1.jpg

The beauty of this set up is that like Detolfs you can make it modular. So just when the wife/gf relents to a few of these, BAM!!!! You go and add another one and there's NOT A GODDAM THING she can do about it.

oooh I love the look of that! What kind of shelf is that?

I still wonder why people aren't supportive over a man's hobby.

Heck, my fiancé supports me so much she often just sits there looking through the collection. She payed half of my new detolfs, too!

My advice? If you have a hobby that she doens't want you to have, tell her too bad. She should be happy you don't go out 24 hours a day to a stinky pub playing darts while getting drunk as ____.

Its nice to be on a collector site that has members wife/gf buy them things.

Been on to many Star Wars sites where men have to hide what they just bought, catch the mail before she does and whatnot. Kind of pathetic. And you know those spinless fools are saying anything to those ladies of what they can have and not have.

Been with my wife for 10 years and she buys it all.

oooh I love the look of that! What kind of shelf is that?

It's a floating shelf. It has the mounting bracket hidden inside the timber shell like so:

floating%20shelf364.jpg

...the backless/bottomless acrylic box I had made at a plastics fabrication shop.

There are so many ways that you can display without using those detlof. I've never liked those cabinets, but there are a variety of way to display without those detlof. I'm not going to give away any of my secrets, but I'll just say do your displaying research.

Trying to, but not finding much!

Shelf_01-1.jpg

That's nice - can you tell me what that is exactly?

robbiethepainter was given the girlfriend blessing on his 1/6 collection as long as they were displayed in cases. He made awesome singular tube displays.

Do you have a link by any chance?

That's nice - can you tell me what that is exactly?

It's a backless/bottomless clear acrylic box atop a floating shelf.

One of these:

floating%20shelf364.jpg

..plus one of these:

Custom-Made-Acrylic-Display-Case-15--h-x-10--d-x-16--w.jpg

...plus one of these at top-centre. Velcro applied to the top surface of the bracket helps keep the box in place on the shelf while allowing the box to be easily removed. The bracket also helps prevent the box from bowing, which is necessary as the acrylic is only 3mm thick.

F16-3092.jpg

I also double-sided-taped a length of square dowel to each end of the shelf for additional support to prevent the box from shifting sideways:

a7ff69fb-30a9-41c6-9409-caa733005352_400.jpg

Last edited:
It's a backless/bottomless clear acrylic box atop a floating shelf.

One of these:

floating%20shelf364.jpg

..plus one of these:

Custom-Made-Acrylic-Display-Case-15--h-x-10--d-x-16--w.jpg

...plus one of these at top-centre. Velcro applied to the top surface of the bracket helps keep the box in place on the shelf while allowing the box to be easily removed. The bracket also helps prevent the box from bowing, which is necessary as the acrylic is only 3mm thick.

I also double-sided-taped a length of square dowel to each end of the shelf for additional support to prevent the box from shifting sideways:

a7ff69fb-30a9-41c6-9409-caa733005352_400.jpg

Thanks! Can you tell me where you sourced the acrylic display case?

I got it made up at a plastics fabrication place in my town - any shop that puts together plastic displays, signage etc should be able to help you out with one :)

Sorry to kinda add/shift this topic, but I figured it better then starting my own. I was just looking on Ikea's US site today and the listing for Detolf was taken down! I was just about to pick some of these up myself finally, but I don't know if it's worth the trip if they are likely to no longer have them. Do anyone have any normal nice display case ideas that aren't much more expensive?

Sorry to kinda add/shift this topic, but I figured it better then starting my own. I was just looking on Ikea's US site today and the listing for Detolf was taken down! I was just about to pick some of these up myself finally, but I don't know if it's worth the trip if they are likely to no longer have them. Do anyone have any normal nice display case ideas that aren't much more expensive?

Call your Ikea and see if they're in stock. Otherwise that's bad news...I think Ikea has a new display cabinet for 129 or something that is kinda similar.

IKEA is bringing the detolfs back

I'm gettin the bestas :lecture

I hope they bring em back, not sure why they thought it was a good idea to get rid of them initially anyway. Not a big fan of the besta's personally, if you have a heavy 1/6 collection your figures get lost in the depth of a besta. But for statues they can look very good.

Shelf_01-1.jpg

Holy ____! That is EXACTLY what I need here for my apartment. I always wanted to display mine in such manner!

EDIT: I missed the tutorial in the posts above.

Last edited:
IKEA is bringing the detolfs back

I'm gettin the bestas :lecture

I hope they are bringing them back, I don't know which Besta you are referring to, but I haven't see one I liked really. Do you have a link?

My Ikea is brand new, so I don't know if it will possibly have any :S. I hope so :pray::pray::pray:

Couple of questions

1. where do you get your shelfs from?

2. what is the leght and width of the shelf?

I picked mine up from Bunnings, my local hardware store, but you can get them online. The one in the pic is 1200x240x50mm, and I have a few others that are 900mmx240x50mm. Sorry I can't help you out with imperial :)

Holy ____! That is EXACTLY what I need here for my apartment. I always wanted to display mine in such manner!

EDIT: I missed the tutorial in the posts above.

I think it makes for a nice display, but it's not as cost-effective as a detolf. The shelf + custom box set me back around $120. I can't get detolfs in my town and the expense of having them shipped is prohibitive. But I don't mind the expense of these shelves so much - for one thing they're out of reach of the kids, so that's a big plus.

Back