How can I display my collection?

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

vaderag

Just a little freaky
Reaction score
We've just moved into a new house and my missus has decided that she does not like the detolf cabinets I've been using...
Trouble is, I can't find any other solutions that look half decent and dont cost the earth!

Can anyone suggest anything??

Thanks

May I ask why she now doe not like detlof? They were there before without incident or issue.

take clear football helmet cases and stack them vertically and it'll look just like a poor man's deltoid

There are so many ways that you can display without using those detlof. I've never liked those cabinets, but there are a variety of way to display without those detlof. I'm not going to give away any of my secrets, but I'll just say do your displaying research.

it's not the detolfs she doesn't like. it's your whole collection. she's trying to tell you something here.

give her one of these:

iron-maiden-albums-various-picture2351-cat-_____slap.jpg

robbiethepainter was given the girlfriend blessing on his 1/6 collection as long as they were displayed in cases. He made awesome singular tube displays.

so you ever wonder if shes going to be so incorrigible with this what other aspects of your life she will overpower you over

the success of relatonships is communication compromise and committment I read this in Emily Post, now does she have these qualities?

My wife would prefer that my collection not be displayed in our living room, but marriage is about compromise, and she knows how much it means to me. Detolfs are plenty classy, the problem seems to be your wife's opinion of your collection.

I had my collection up and displayed before we got married. She doesn't like it, but she knew this was part of the deal when we got a place together. I'm inclinded to agree with the other poster who wrote that this may be her issue, not yours.

My shelves look like this:

Shelf_01-1.jpg

The beauty of this set up is that like Detolfs you can make it modular. So just when the wife/gf relents to a few of these, BAM!!!! You go and add another one and there's NOT A GODDAM THING she can do about it.

Lejuan your ____ is classy!

My shelves look like this:

Shelf_01-1.jpg

The beauty of this set up is that like Detolfs you can make it modular. So just when the wife/gf relents to a few of these, BAM!!!! You go and add another one and there's NOT A GODDAM THING she can do about it.

Lejuan your ____ is classy!

Thanks grphyx! These shelves keep the good lady happy which is a plus. One of them was getting pretty crowded and she suggested I put up a new one. A new one! They have a power these shelves.... :lol

Tell her too bad, LOL. It sounds like she has a problem with your collection/collecting more than the "style" of shelving.
The 'style' complaint sounds like "get that stuff out of the house" to me.
When my wife and I built our house, I said in the very beginning, I'm taking the largest extra bedroom and its going to be my studio and I'll be displaying what and how I want. She honestly did not give 2 s**ts because she knows its my hobby. We have little to no qualms in our marriage about anything because we appreciate the hobbies each are into.
Even though she i not into the collecting when she has family or friends over, my studio is one of the first rooms she shows off because even though she's not into it, she still appreciates it.

Tell her too bad, LOL. It sounds like she has a problem with your collection/collecting more than the "style" of shelving.
The 'style' complaint sounds like "get that stuff out of the house" to me.
When my wife and I built our house, I said in the very beginning, I'm taking the largest extra bedroom and its going to be my studio and I'll be displaying what and how I want. She honestly did not give 2 s**ts because she knows its my hobby. We have little to no qualms in our marriage about anything because we appreciate the hobbies each are into.
Even though she i not into the collecting when she has family or friends over, my studio is one of the first rooms she shows off because even though she's not into it, she still appreciates it.

That works if you have your own space, but not sure Vaderag has that luxury. My shelves are in a space that is kind of communal but is mostly my study. My collection is clearly visible from the kitchen where my lady spends a lot of time, and she's cool with it, digs it even. It'd likely be a different story if I tried moving any of it into the living room though, I wouldn't even put it to her tbh.

Back