Hourglass Pubhouse "Official" Spooktacular 2008 Thread!

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Ok.. well that sux... SIDESHOW These Variants are ^^^^ing Lame!!! Terrible!

Ok.. so that leaves 3 spots... 2 are the Bezerker. Guess There's room for ANOTHER ^^^^ING VARIANT ZOMBIE!!!!! :banghead:banghead:banghead

I'd rather see bobble heads!!!!!!

We still have the "priest/pastor" zombie, and the rest are probably for the Berserker, which should have been a archer/crossbowman, IMO.

I forgot about the Dinos. Maybe theres no Exc?

Gee, that'd be great. I'd love to make a custom zombified Ed and they have $14.99 off of the Ex. Sean of the Dead Ed figure. But since I already bought one, it's useless as the limit's 1. :rotfl

Honestly since this is a MAJOR promotion for them it would be easy to see if anyone wanted to work at least part of the weekend. There is always somebody willing to do it. Thats the last I will say about it... I want my free stuff. :)

Heck yeah, who wouldn't want to work for those guys, even if it's just for one week. Or...get some interns! That's what they're for. I did it for 8 months at a company with 5 radio stations.

Heck yeah, who wouldn't want to work for those guys, even if it's just for one week. Or...get some interns! That's what they're for. I did it for 8 months at a company with 5 radio stations.

Yeah, work all hours of the night, have to deal with the ridicule from nitpicky whiners who would critique the hell out of an atom-sized fleck of dust (NO! THERE'RE WAAAAAAY MORE PROTONS IN IT THAN THAT! - PASS! :rolleyes:), not be eligible for any of the promotions, yeah, that'd rock! :p

Gee, that'd be great. I'd love to make a custom zombified Ed and they have $14.99 off of the Ex. Sean of the Dead Ed figure. But since I already bought one, it's useless as the limit's 1. :rotfl

Zombie Ed would be neat...why didn't they do that as a variant if they're already releasing 4 babysitters and now the SWAT guy zombie? Ooooh, he's wearing black now. Big whoop. The Babysitters were at least altered more than that.

Yeah, work all hours of the night, have to deal with the ridicule from nitpicky whiners who would critique the hell out of an atom-sized fleck of dust (NO! THERE'RE WAAAAAAY MORE PROTONS IN IT THAN THAT! - PASS! :rolleyes:), not be eligible for any of the promotions, yeah, that'd rock! :p

You wouldn't be eligible, but I wonder what kind of employee discount they have?

Kind of surprised we never saw a Zombie Ed, seemed like a sure thing. Although maybe sales weren't strong enough to warrant a 3rd figure.

Zombie Ed would be neat...why didn't they do that as a variant if they're already releasing 4 babysitters and now the SWAT guy zombie? Ooooh, he's wearing black now. Big whoop. The Babysitters were at least altered more than that.

WATCH YOUR TONGUE! I'm waiting on my blue and red so that they can take on Zargon! "Zargon.....we love you.... and we love your... BRAIIIIIIINS!" :p

Kind of surprised we never saw a Zombie Ed, seemed like a sure thing. Although maybe sales weren't strong enough to warrant a 3rd figure.

I am very suprised as well. All they would need to do is discolor his skin, and whiten out his pupils. Simple job.

All of these "variants" remind me of the "good old days" when collectors had to track down Classic Collection GI Joes and get one of each hair color plus the AA (and later Hispanic) versions to complete their collections. This marketing plan often backfires though. I recall seeing tons of the Aviation Fuel Handler (aka "Grape") and Drill Instructor figures end up at bargain bin stores like Big Lots.

I am very suprised as well. All they would need to do is discolor his skin, and whiten out his pupils. Simple job.

You'd have to do a bit more than that. His brow was a bit more zombie-ish and there was a chunk out of his right arm:

ZombieEd.jpg

All of these "variants" remind me of the "good old days" when collectors had to track down Classic Collection GI Joes and get one of each hair color plus the AA (and later Hispanic) versions to complete their collections. This marketing plan often backfires though. I recall seeing tons of the Aviation Fuel Handler (aka "Grape") and Drill Instructor figures end up at bargain bin stores like Big Lots.

I used to buy the McFarlane Movie Maniacs and the Sarah Connor variants were a rip-off, but I bought all 3 anyways. One had her with long hair, then another had her with a ponytail. The third and final had her with a ponytail and a beret. Why couldn't they have just bumped up the price for one figure by about 5 bucks and included 2 bonus heads to swap out?

Sometimes they can be cool but not when you overdo it.

Oh crud. I sent in the wrong answer to the WOW contest. Damn google!!! I had to pick between Level 10 and Level 12. 90% of the websites said it was Level 10. I think I saw two websites that said it was Level 12.

How can so many WOW geeks be wrong????!!!!!

Oh crud. I sent in the wrong answer to the WOW contest. Damn google!!! I had to pick between Level 10 and Level 12. 90% of the websites said it was Level 10. I think I saw two websites that said it was Level 12.

How can so many WOW geeks be wrong????!!!!!

lol, don't feel bad. I am sure many did the same. Always go to the official site to get the answer.

Back