Hot Wheels Elite Batmobiles

Collector Freaks Forum

Help Support Collector Freaks Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry for resurrecting an old thread. Can someone post the exact dimensions of the Hotwheels Elite The Dark Knight Tumbler (T6940). I ordered one but it will take a while before it gets here. I need the dimensions because I also plan to get a rotary display stand for it and I'm wondering which size to get.

I didn't get out a ruler, but it's about 8" long.

Is the Tumbler true to 1:18 scale as advertised? Seems a bit small compared to the Aston Martin DB5 and Dodge Viper R/T 10 I own in that scale. I have a 1:24 R/C Dodge Challenger. I'd like to get a model kit Crown Victoria and customize it to become a GPD Squad Car. Would a 1:24 scale police cruiser be too small?

EDIT - Did the math. It's 1:20/1:21 scale. So it's closer to 1:18 than I thought. Perhaps my DB5 and Viper are a larger scale... I wish someone would make all three of the Nolan vehicles I'm scale to one another.

Last edited:
Hi folks.. I'm hoping someone with more expertise than I have on collectible cars, can answer my questions.

I have one of these Hot Wheels 1:18 1989 Batmobiles in the Tube Display Case (I think it may originally have been an SDCC special of some kind.. but I could be wrong) -

1989Batmobile_zpsd535d06a.jpg

So for a long time now, I have been looking to get a Black Tumbler and also the classic 1960s TV series Batmobile at 1:18 scale, in the same Display Tube.

Recently I came across this Tumbler -

TumblerinTube_zps53587ea2.jpg

But its the Camo version, not the original Black! :gah:

So my questions are - Have Hot Wheels ever released either the Black Tumbler or the classic '60s TV series Batmobile at 1:18 scale, in the Tube Display Case?.. and if not, have Hot Wheels ever indicated that they might do so, in the future?

Last edited:
Thanks for the quick response Pavehawk, that is very helpful.. I just have to hope the Black Tumbler gets a release, now they have done the Camo version.. sadly the auction has finished but at least I now know the 60's TV version does exist!
:yess:

Edit - Found some more auctions using the description in your link, so now have pictures.. most excellent!.. however looks as though tracking one down, that doesn't cost the proverbial kidney, may be a challenge... :lol

Last edited:
Nooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo!.. the 60's TV version was an LE SDCC item.. and it was FLOCKED!!!..

Holy Hideosity Batman!..Why, Hot Wheels.. WHY!!!... just because some 60's touring exhibition, replica Batmobile, was flocked.. is absolutely not a reason to create a 1:18 monstrosity to match it!
:slap

Since I cannot bring myself to pay for an SDCC LE, then have the flocked abomination crushed.. and replaced in the case with a standard Elite or Super Elite.. the hunt goes on.

Here is some information for you there is a new Hot Wheels Elite 1:18 1966 Batmobile coming out which has Batman and Robin figures with it.

Batman Elite One 1966 1:18 Scale Die-Cast Batmobile
What was more fun than the campy feel of the 1960s Batman TV series? This Batman Elite One 1966 Die-Cast Batmobile with Figures set harkens back to the cheeky and fun era of DC Comics on the small screen. Not only do you get a 1:18 scale Batmobile in the metal Hot Wheels Elite Cult Classics line inspired by designer George Barris but the set also includes Batman and Robin figures sculpted to look like Adam West and Burt Ward! Opening the door, trunk, and hood reveals a detailed interior and engine. Perfect for the Batman and DC Comics collector!

I also ordered these off of my Hot Wheels supplier
Batman DKR Elite Cult Classic 1:18 Scale Die-Cast Batmobile with cape swatch.
Check out the interior detail on this Batman The Dark Knight Elite Cult Classic Die-Cast Batmobile! An essential entry in the metal Hot Wheels Elite Cult Classic line, this 1:18 scale Batmobile recreates Batman's Batmobile from the third movie in the Christopher Nolan trilogy of Batman flicks in die-cast vehicle form. Not only do you get an Elite Cult Classic Batmobile but it comes with a cape swatch, too! Known as a collector level series, die-cast vehicles in this line feature opening doors, trunks, and hoods that reveal interior and engine detail.

There's also this one....

Batman Forever Elite 1995 1:18 Scale Die-Cast Batmobile
:
Check out the interior and engine detail on this Batman Forever Elite Cult Classic 1995 Die-Cast Batmobile! An essential entry in the metal Hot Wheels Elite Cult Classic line, this 1:18 scale Batmobile die-cast vehicle is a perfect likeness to the car you loved from the Joel Schumacher directed movie Batman Forever. Known as a collector level series, die-cast vehicles in this line feature opening doors, trunks, and hoods that reveal interior and engine detail.

Yeah I'm def picking up the Forever Batmobile for sure, and Hopefully the Tumbler and Batpod, since I cant get the hot toys versions.

I recently got these Batmobiles . Hot Wheels Elite The Dark Knight Tumbler (T6940) and the 1989 Batmobile (B6046, the 2003 release). Hot toys versions are way out of my budget so my DX12 will just have to settle for these.

Batmobile_04.jpg

Batmobile_02.jpg

Last edited:
Are this in scale with 6 inch figures (i.e., Medicom Batman) or 3.75 inch figures?

I'm new when it comes to hot wheels cars and I have a question about the 1/18 89 batmobile. Is the 1/18 ELITE 89 Batmobile and the HERITAGE version the same? Do they look the same and have the same amount of details? Thanks :)

The elite Batmobile is the same as the Heritage excape the wheels and turbine engine, and exhaust is gold, and that the trunk opens. I'm hoping to get the 89' Next Month since Mattel is going to be doing 4" Keaton Figure.

Just an FYI...I have all 3 batmobile's in the "Elite" format and the 89 in the regular format as well... the tumbler and classic look great in Elite...but to me, the regular version 89 actually looks nicer. The 89 Elite is more of a dark dark grey rather than black and the accent colors just don't look right. Just my 2 cents but try to find a lot of pics before you purchase so you can make sure you are getting what you want.

Yeah I plan on getting the Normal 89 version... I want to install some led lights into it but no one will give me an tutorial or on how to do so...

Hello everyone,

I'm from holland and want to show you my hotwheels 1/18 '89 Batmobile collection.

This is the 2003 version, you can recognize it by the rear windows, these
are not clear as the later models.

The Battledamaged version.

The gloss version, witch was sold in the clear tube.

And the Elite.

From the 2003 version I own two models.
In one of them I want to fix dash, front and rear lights.

Back